BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

This is all getting more and more depressing by the day. Sounds like the shortlist has been whittled down through the clever tactical approach of waiting for other teams to recruit them. Last one standing after six weeks gets the gig. If you can get a phone call reference from an actual manager then you've perhaps got some meaningless credit in the bank. Its almost like the whole process/club is being run by a bunch of total incompetents, or something.

• Like 7

I know things have changed in football but three of our successful managers back in the day -

Ken Furphy came from Watford when they were shit.

Gordon Lee came from Port Vale who were roughly where they are now.

Jim Smith came from Colchester, again roughly where they are now.

All three went on to be poached away from Rovers to manage in the First Division.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

If the 'final three' is genuinely Warne, Ainsworth and Ferguson, then it can only be Ainsworth. That is the only appointment from that list that would mean I feel any kind of excitement for next season. But it's going to be Ferguson, isn't it?!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

So that's it then.

Final 3 candidates

Ainsworth - yep

Ferguson - absolutely no way

Warne - meh

Rather have Ferguson than Warne. 

My preference of the three:

1. Ainsworth

2. Ferguson

3. Warne

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Devon Rover said:

If the 'final three' is genuinely Warne, Ainsworth and Ferguson, then it can only be Ainsworth. That is the only appointment from that list that would mean I feel any kind of excitement for next season. But it's going to be Ferguson, isn't it?!

You'd be pissed off if you were Ainsworth and Ferguson was picked before you. Absolutely nothing to suggest Ferguson deserves a shot more than Ainsworth. What's George Weah up to these days? Can he not put a call in on Ainsworth's behalf?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

You'd be pissed off if you were Ainsworth and Ferguson was picked before you. Absolutely nothing to suggest Ferguson deserves a shot more than Ainsworth. What's George Weah up to these days? Can he not put a call in on Ainsworth's behalf?

We're all assuming Ainsworth wants the job and has applied for it.

20 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

So that's it then.

Final 3 candidates

Ainsworth - yep

Ferguson - absolutely no way

Warne - meh

Where in the article does it say that? Sharpe basically admits he doesn’t have a clue, as we all knew anyway.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Where in the article does it say that? Sharpe basically admits he doesn’t have a clue, as we all knew anyway.

There is a growing feeling that the club could yet approach an in-work manager, having done only once during the eight managers appointed by owners Venky’s.

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Warne has had 3 cracks at the Championship and been relegated in each. Until he can get through that barrier and keep them up he shouldn't even be considered.

They might have meagre resources but so do many other clubs that have survived in the Championship over the years

If success in League One is our focus, why?

Feck me, would steer well clear of Warne.  If Championship experience is a prerequisite (and it wouldn't be for me) then Warne is a serial faiure.  Difficult to be more underwhelmed.

18 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Don’t see how it can be any of them if they haven’t yet approached in work people

As I've said before, the devil is in the detail.  There is a big difference between a manager who is currently in work (like Ainsworth) and a candidate currently employed in football but not as a manager (like Ferguson). 

Edited by Mercer

I would say the compensation we'd have to pay Everton for Ferguson pretty much rules him out as well as Ferguson having to take a paycut to come here.

Any compensation will probably be deducted from our transfer budget so an out of work or minimal would be preferable.

I think I would go down the Wagner route at the moment personally.

• Like 1