BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

4 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

8500 STs plus 1500 QPR

Can't see 4000 walk ons and lots of folk will probably be away on holiday.

Anyway I certainly won't be going as the owners are still in situ.

To be fair over 10.5k are showing as sold so far if you look at the planner so it wouldn't need 4k as you say 

Why did you feel the need to comment then mention you won't be in attendance re the owners?

strange

20 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

The fact that Waggot has stated that ST sales are 'above budget', it's clear that he's purely measured financially - by squeezing the remaining customer base - as opposed to being proactve and finding credible ways to increase bums on seats.

Job done, in his world. How he's allowed to get away with it, is unfathomable.

It'll be the same approach next season, no doubt. He'll cover the anticipated drop in revenue/churn with yet another price increase.

Because surely there is a need, at some point, to maximise the financial profit? It is relevant, particularly given the impact of Covid.

I’m disappointed with the lack of imagination regarding ticketing, particularly given last season’s acknowledgement that they got ticket prices wrong. But it’s a balancing act, if people want this club to be self-sufficient and have less reliance on Venky’s, it needs to become more profitable.

I don’t think they’ve got the balance right, but reducing the argument to ‘how dare Waggott think about maximising profits’ is a cheap shot. I’d be judging him if that wasn’t one of the key drivers behind ticketing initiatives. 

Edited by magicalmortensleftpeg

Preston have not only sold considerably more than us, but in doing do have likely made more money (despite far lower prices), will certainly make more on food and drink on matchdays through having 5000 more a week on watching and will reap the benefits of having a 2/3 full ground every week and only 7000 empty seats rather than a 1/3 full ground and 20,000 empty seats.

It doesn't look good for us on any level.

If our higher prices were enabling us to rake in substantially higher income than them then there might be some justification for them. But I fail to see how that case can be made. Even if we have made slightly more money that has to be offset against the income from food and drink and benefits of having a full ground.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Because surely there is a need, at some point, to maximise the financial profit? It is relevant, particularly given the impact of Covid.

I’m disappointed with the lack of imagination regarding ticketing, particularly given last season’s acknowledgement that they got ticket prices wrong. But it’s a balancing act, if people want this club to be self-sufficient and have less reliance on Venky’s, it needs to become more profitable.

I don’t think they’ve got the balance right, but reducing the argument to ‘how dare Waggott think about maximising profits’ is a cheap shot. I’d be judging him if that wasn’t one of the key drivers behind ticketing initiatives. 

Rubbish.

Ever heard of 'speculate to accumulate'?

Perhaps he could try 'maximising financial profit' by increasing his customer base, thus increasing turnover and ultimately profit? That would be a novel approach to doing business, don't you think?

Far more to gain by doing it that way, rather than squeezing every last drop out of diminishing customer numbers.

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 2

I’m not particularly bothered about Burnley, they have kept hold of the bulk of their PL support, which most relegated clubs do initially. Their numbers will revert back to mean when/if they drop back to second division mediocrity.

PNE and Bolton are who have shown us up this summer.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Rubbish.

Ever heard of 'speculate to accumulate'?

Perhaps he could try 'maximising financial profit' by increasing his customer base, thus increasing turnover and ultimately profit? That would be a novel approach to doing business, don't you think?

Far more to gain by doing it that way, rather than squeezing every last drop out of diminishing customer numbers.

Wow! It seems so simple that even a child could understand it. 

Waggott needs to go. I don't need to go and have a brew with him fo four hours to understand that he continues to fail time and time again. 

8500 season tickets is an absolute disgrace. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Wow! It seems so simple that even a child could understand it. 

Waggott needs to go. I don't need to go and have a brew with him fo four hours to understand that he continues to fail time and time again. 

8500 season tickets is an absolute disgrace. 

Waggot doesn't work in people, he works in £'s.

• Like 3

Unfortunately for whoever sits in the Ewood chair, there are thousands who won't go until we have new owners. So whilst working for said owners, what more to do? Price not the issue.

Then there is the PL only plastic brigade which every club has. Out of reach for us. Price not the issue.

The ST holders will pay and keep paying.

For every one who can't or won't pay, there are 100 who will pick up the slack.

Wasn't it 6500 or something who paid during the pandemic for no matches.

We are in a state of perpetual stagnation until the owners leave. Sad but true.

Edited by OldEwoodBlue
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, rigger said:

The problem is, he reached his target. So in Waggot-world, he hasn't failed.

That makes him even more of a failure. 

3 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Unfortunately for whoever sits in the Ewood chair, there are thousands who won't go until we have new owners. So whilst working for said owners, what more to do? Price not the issue.

Then there is the PL only plastic brigade which every club has. Out of reach for us. Price not the issue.

That is true but things can still be a million times better than what they are.

Last season there was a real buzz about the club, even with the total collapse in the second half of the season. A decent price would have seen a respectable gate every week. You'd have to be a complete moron to not capitalise on that momentum.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

In my opinion I don't think there are thousands, who don't attend purely because of who the owners are. I think price is a big consideration. As someone who was made redundant because of the covid epidemic, it is the main factor for me. 

Edited by rigger
  • Like 7

Just now, rigger said:

In my opinion I don't think there are thousands, who don't attend purely because of who the owners are. I think price is a big consideration. As someone who was made redundant because of the covid epidemic, it is a factor for me. 

Spot on. IMO, the numbers who don't attend simply because of the owners alone will rank in the dozens, not the thousands.

Price and what's on the pitch are the overriding factors.

• Like 4

Bang on are the few posts above. 

Yes, the behaviour of these owners initially drove plenty away. But as time goes on, most of those that haven’t been back since, never will, they will have just moved on in life. It’s delusional to think that there are thousands of ‘fans across the water’ waiting to triumphantly return to Ewood the day this lot sell up.

Edited by Mattyblue

46 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Bang on are the few posts above. 

Yes, the behaviour of these owners initially drove plenty away. But as time goes on, most of those that haven’t been back since, never will, they will have just moved on in life. It’s delusional to think that there are thousands of ‘fans across the water’ waiting to triumphantly return to Ewood the day this lot sell up.

There’s a good number of those people who could be enticed back though. The club need to do something to try and win them back, but it’s not an easy task, and would require significant effort over a number of years… therefore they can’t be bothered.

3 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Don't agree 'there are thousands' who don't go due to the owners.

Majority of these would be back in a flash if Rovers somehow returned to the Premier League irrespective who owned us.

Edited by damo100
  • Like 2

Not sure about that. Some will, but plenty more will never be back whatever the division is or who the owners are.

You stop going for a decade and you will have new hobbies, new things to spend your dosh on and they wouldn’t even think about going back to Ewood.

• Like 1

Been thinking about the price of season tickets and the issues around the cost around it. 

i was wondering if the club wants to stick to the current structure there was so much they could have done to help give it more value for money. 

season tickets should automatically give you access to the live audio streams on the rovers app i never understood the process of buying almost the same thing twice. Referral fees which would give you 50 pounds off next year season ticket is something they could look into as well or offering 20% off the new home kit. I just try to wonder if the above as a package would be more interesting in to our fan base 

• Like 1