BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

10 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Looks like Rovers are no longer posting out Match day tickets,download and print out only.

I ordered mine over the phone yesterday and was asked if I wanted them posted. I did and they arrived today. Never had any problems getting them posted. 

Edited by Riversider28
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

They reckon 7,820 have been sold on the other site. No explanation or source, just the aforementioned figure.

Terrible, if Waggot is pleased with that his delusion knows no bounds we are in for some rotten gates next season.

Bravo

• Like 2

Pointless count here, but the seat map currently suggests home ticket sales for the first game of the season at 9,266.

Regarding the 7,820 figure, if true, it would mean my estimates are around 500 north of reality. I'm not sure why that would be based on the seat map availability because I thought I'd taken everything into consideration, so it's a bit of a flat feeling not knowing where a 500 shortfall could come from. If anybody has any ideas, give me a shout.

Edited by goozburger

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

Pointless count here, but the seat map currently suggests home ticket sales for the first game of the season at 9,266.

Regarding the 7,820 figure, if true, it would mean my estimates are around 500 north of reality. I'm not sure why that would be based on the seat map availability because I thought I'd taken everything into consideration, so it's a bit of a flat feeling not knowing where a 500 shortfall could come from. If anybody has any ideas, give me a shout.

Given there was no source given for the other figure I would say your estimate would be closer. After all you are going off the club's official seat map showing what seats are available and what aren't. 

Either way those figures are pathetic.

Think Burnley are on around 15k as well, makes for grim reading looking at ours.....

There's an element of a new league and them thinking they'll be up there for promotion and winning games most weeks to factor in, but even so....

They’ve kept hold of most of their PL season ticket base, as most clubs do initially (until they get stuck down here).

Us on the other hand saw sales collapse as Kean was kept on in that disastrous summer of 2012, and we haven’t recovered since…

• Like 2

Burnley is a false figure in many ways just like their finances, propped up by their PL days. Give it a couple of years of missing out and both will collapse.

We need to be more worried about being so far behind PNE and Bolton, and neck and neck with Blackpool. No excuses for that and suggests big problems.

But hey Steve's a nice bloke and thinks sales have been good so why would I cast doubt on that?

• Like 2

I’m not as existentially worried about our sales as I was before, as this summer has proven that local, similar sized clubs to us can still sell good numbers outside the PL, if it’s priced correctly.

My worry is that a certain, ‘enthusiastic and engaging’ executive has his feet well under the table and we’ll see this outrageous pricing continuing indefinitely until he finally does one, leaving us with a ST base that has dwindled away to that of a mid level League 1 club’s…

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

The figure will be on the Fans Forum minutes (think they met last week), I presume they’ll be published next week…

Given the minutes have been signed off from last Monday's meeting (18th) and will be on the site very soon I can confirm that the figure we got at the meeting was 7,800. That is just bought tickets, so excludes any comps that have been allocated and I guess that could explain the difference between that and Goozburger's calculations. I assume that the club's various sponsors get comps allocated as well as club employees, players etc.

It was so easy to get this right. The precedent had already been set by Bolton, PNE and Burnley regarding the ticket prices. They were all moving big numbers well before Rovers tickets went on sale. To get this as wrong as they did could only be done either deliberately or by absolute super human levels of incompetence. 

The season ticket figures are nothing other than total failure. 

• Like 3

He's been in the seat 5 years now and has continually damaged/decreased our fanbase by a combination of:

Waggot tax (£3)

ST prices

Matchday pricing 

Poor Matchday experience (away fans in the gods) (Atmosphere)

Poor and very slow catering on the concourse 

No Matchday Magazines 

Riverside (dated stand, Poor facilities but same price as BBE/JW Lower)

After 5 years in control you'd like to think Waggot and whoever he sits round a table with to discuss how we can INCREASE not DECREASE our fanbase, would come up with better solutions. 

Like a poster said earlier he's even seen how sensibly priced ticketing at other nearby clubs helps massively. 

• Like 6