BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

If you went to the QPR game as a walk on you get that cost reduced from the price of a season ticket if you buy one now.

2 wins from 2 and top of the league.

Rovers should have that message plastered across every social media channel possible tomorrow.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

We had more walk ons on the first day than any of the other local clubs.

Certainly looks like last season’s noticeable increase in match day buyers has carried over to this term, which is encouraging.

So such a shame STs were priced like they were, as we could have been looking at some real bumper crowds.

• Like 5

I think it was early in Dyches reign they were booing them off after a nil nil at the turd in front of 9 or 10 thousand.

Take no notice of Burnley half their support these days is plastic even a lot of them will admit it.  

Pendle Hill is still available should they need it though, meanwhile 19k would be great at Ewood but we'd still have ten thousand plus empty seats.  Therefore we'd still get the usual abuse.

can't win.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

19,628 on at Burnley.

Which includes over 14k early bird ST sales that were purchased whilst still in the Premier League.

If they don't achieve promotion this season the 'glory' fans will soon disappear. 

• Like 2

Yet, sensible ST pricing, coupled with the already higher looking walk-ons means it’s certainly still possible to see crowds substantially rise, especially if we carry on with the most important factor of all, winning   - alas they are being held down with the mindset of the present CEO.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Hits home when you see some of the attendances in this league,we are now way down the pecking order.

So much damage done to our fanbase these last 12 years.

And when there has been the very rare chance to rebuild it they've done sod all.

• Like 3

Ive not renewed my ST and neither have my friends or my son. Some of my friends have other interests now but they say they will do walk ons but i know they wont, the money saved will go on other things
Im more concerned about my son though because he won't be taking our grandson anymore
As for me, it wont be the same. I say to myself i’l go down but i doubt it will happen

Exactly right. All non-renewers probably think they’ll ‘pick their games’ and still be down at Ewood on plenty of occasions through the season.

Some will, of course. But many others quickly get out of the habit.

It’s much easier keeping hold of ST holders than trying to get them back. But Swag’s ‘met his targets’ so who cares about that…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, pomster said:

Ive not renewed my ST and neither have my friends or my son. Some of my friends have other interests now but they say they will do walk ons but i know they wont, the money saved will go on other things
Im more concerned about my son though because he won't be taking our grandson anymore
As for me, it wont be the same. I say to myself i’l go down but i doubt it will happen

I didn’t renew at the start of last year. I was unsure of the post-covid situation at games and any potential scenario where we went to behind-closed-doors games in winter.

I said I’d do a few home games anyway. I fully expected to do quite a few and simply didn’t. The only one I did was Sheff Utd, and it was the cheap ticket deal which lured me in. Otherwise i found I’d already planned to go here, or I’d stop and home and do this instead. Even the Preston game I left till the last minute and decided against going. (I went round to my mates and watched it there instead, but again that’s the elephant in the room with non-attendees in this discussion)

Once we got through new year, and it was obvious the season was ‘normal’, I got a half season ticket (performances prior had obviously helped).  I then attended games when I really couldn’t be arsed simply because I had a ticket.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

• Backroom

Food for thought. Last time there was a cost of living crisis, we sold 19,000 Season Tickets. Prices started at £199 (tenner a game).

Why we can't do that again (start at £230) and get folk in the ground (y'know, to buy food and drink and merch every other week), I don't know.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/4542583.blackburn-rovers-chairman-bringing-football-people/

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

Food for thought. Last time there was a cost of living crisis, we sold 19,000 Season Tickets. Prices started at £199 (tenner a game).

Why we can't do that again (start at £230) and get folk in the ground (y'know, to buy food and drink and merch every other week), I don't know.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/4542583.blackburn-rovers-chairman-bringing-football-people/

That was when the people running the club actually gave a fuck about what they were doing. 

• Like 2