BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

• Moderation Lead
6 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Of course they can.

But do they ?

I suggest they get the train back and spend it in Clitheroe.

And if they are already doing this, they are not in need of the club enticing them are they so those few not the topic here.

The club must focus on gaining fans from the local area to attend games AND spend their brass locally. Unsure what relevance demography has but if anything sounds like snobbery....

People get the train, then spend money in pubs near Ewood ahead of the game, which is what I just said, to be fair.

I imagine people go back to where they live after the game, yes…..

You literally brought up where people live!

34 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Ask around you at Ewood for proof of that. 

But we are not talking about those already in the tent.

14 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

You literally brought up where people live!

Not really. Its the topic. The strength of the local economy (Blackburn) and its direct link to the local club (not just at Rovers).

Enticing people from outlying areas vs BB1/2.

In which local economy the money is spent. 

Jobs, pay and affluence to afford certain priced tickets.

Ticket prices and how in touch the club is with affordabilty of their customer base.

It is complicated and all interlinked. Matty reconciles it as rapid demographic shift. I do not disagee with that but I disagree that going forward we ever fill our stadium with folk from out of town and ever increasing prices.

I want the stadium full of working class folk (because they love Rovers AND they can afford to go). As it was for most of us. So for me the primary target must be within Blackburn.

Edited by OldEwoodBlue

54 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Rovers needs fans from BB1 / BB2 who can walk down and spend spare income before and after locally and in town.

Local working class people on which our club and its values were founded.

Working class people who live out of town are less likely to spend time and money on travel, parking etc AND money in the local shops and town centre.

Think that is just a basic fact.

And sorry but like or not, the more who come from the Ribble Valley etc who don't blink at a £500 ST takes the club further and further away from our heritage and a full stadium.

Special mention to Brentford fans. 10 minutes after the game not one had left the ground. What a credit to what is going on there and in their community.

Our lot are leaving with 10 minutes left to get out the car park and back home.

Firstly, I lived in Hyndburn for the 37 years and been going Rovers for the last 30 years of my life. Does that make me less of Rovers fan cos I'm not from BB2/BB1 postcode? I have been loyal supporter and attending through good and bad times for the club. 

I would also say that many Rovers fans don't have the income to spend much money before and after the game currently. Plus People want/have to get home to their families or to Children or other plans post match like many people do. That's life now

Edited by chaddyrovers

I was born near Elwood and went home and away regularly for the first 30+ years of my life.

I have lived in Cornwall for the past 30 years and hopefully get to 4 or 5 matches a season, spending money on merchandise, beer, etc etc.

How am I perceived? Part time fan or lifelong supporter?

• Backroom
2 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

The crux of the matter OEB is indeed making it financially possible for ALL to attend wherever you reside from.

YES!

My mantra when I devised the original marketing prospectus on behalf of RT was:

'The club must make it as easy as possible to support Rovers.'

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DeeCee said:

I was born near Elwood and went home and away regularly for the first 30+ years of my life.

I have lived in Cornwall for the past 30 years and hopefully get to 4 or 5 matches a season, spending money on merchandise, beer, etc etc.

How am I perceived? Part time fan or lifelong supporter?

Grockle

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

13k home fans today. 9,500 against this lot last August.

Aye and as i recall where i sit it was 7 quid dearer than the Swansea match so i binned it off on principle.

Despite the renewed optimism if it was 30 quid plus today there'd still have been at least 2k less on imo.

Yeah we charged £32 for this fixture a year ago.

So thats about 4k home walk ons yesterday? Not bad at all, although a Sunday afternoon with glorious weather probably had something to do with it.

Be interesting if we can beat that against Stoke on the bank holiday weekend, who I imagine will bring a similar following to what WBA did.

• 5 weeks later...

End of the day the pricing is set for this season, so all of these offers can only be pro-rata versions of a full ST.

We’ll still sell decent numbers of half STs if we are up there at Christmas, but apart from that, it is what it is, and at least it’s better than the 7k sales of this time last year. We’d have seen a c9k crowd last season for a September night match, not nearly 12k.

Let’s just hope lessons have finally been learned for next summer (they won’t be, of course, as Professor Quantum will still be here).