BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

Just now, 1864roverite said:

There is another point re game pricing - he cannot drop ticket prices if the opposition team do not agree to reciprocate the same pricing policy. Nobend and bumley flatly refused to 20 is plenty as have quite a few others in the division so his hands are tied!

Complete and utter bollocks. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

There is another point re game pricing - he cannot drop ticket prices if the opposition team do not agree to reciprocate the same pricing policy.

Only in cup games. League games you can charge what you like.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

There is another point re game pricing - he cannot drop ticket prices if the opposition team do not agree to reciprocate the same pricing policy. Nobend and bumley flatly refused to 20 is plenty as have quite a few others in the division so his hands are tied!

Of course he can although not surprising he wouldn't if they didn't agree to do the same.

However the whole point here as always is Nobbers and Bumley don't have at least 15k home seats empty every home game. The supply and demand dynamics are very different taking that into account.

12 hours ago, Hasta said:

Only in cup games. League games you can charge what you like.

To lower a league game price you have to have agreement with reciprocation and permission of the FA! You cannot charge home fans less than away fans - the rules were amended a couple of years ago as I understand it.

11 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Err no, 1864.

Burnley were willing to charge us £25 for away tickets this season if we reciprocated at Ewood… of course, Swag said no.

In fact most chairmen had a preseason meeting to agree 20 is plenty 80% of clubs refused to engage with it

14 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

To lower a league game price you have to have agreement with reciprocation and permission of the FA! You cannot charge home fans less than away fans - the rules were amended a couple of years ago as I understand it.

Then charge away fans £20.

I'm sorry but the position the club has taken on this is totally unacceptable and you leave yourself wide open to a bashing trying to defend it.

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

No-one talked about charging away fans more - just admission price in general. As far I am aware the away club gets no takings from the gate receipts, therefore it is completely up to home club what price they charge.

I remember somewhere that the EFL wanted to limit the number of bundled deals (to get around clubs allowing the home fans to consistently get in cheaper than the away fans by 'stealth'), but I don't think the away club has any say on the individual match pricing the home club implements.

As a side point, Rovers charge £15 for 1875 membership which knocks off £5 per game for the members. This is already getting around the home/away prices. There must be a rule that stops them, for example, charging only £1 for membership but knocking £10 off the match day price for members (yet keeping the away fan prices high). 

Edited by Hasta

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

That's not what you said. You said it has to be agreed between the clubs. i.e. home fixture = away fixture. We can charge £5 for our fans, we'd have to do it for the away fans too but there is nothing about an agreement between the two clubs that is needed as you implied.

I think the point @1864roveriteis trying to make is that Rovers would put tickets at lower prices if clubs did the same for our fans when we pay away at their ground. For example, Sheffield United, their away fans were charge £14.60 same as home fans, but Sheffield united charge our away fans more than double than that if memory serves me right. 

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think the point @1864roveriteis trying to make is that Rovers would put tickets at lower prices if clubs did the same for our fans when we pay away at their ground. For example, Sheffield United, their away fans were charge £14.60 same as home fans, but Sheffield united charge our away fans more than double than that if memory serves me right. 

So why did we turn downs Burnley's £25 reciprocal offer?

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/burnley-vs-blackburn-rovers-tickets-25210409

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That’s not what he said at all, he said “cannot” and “his hands are tied” 

Why should it matter what others charge us anyway? Makes zero difference to what we’re discussing (our home attendances)

Edited by superniko
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Don't talk rubbish.  Obviously you have no job where money is involved.  He gets 180k just from the Darwen End for £30 x 6000.  Why would he just take 90k less.just to be nice....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Don't talk rubbish.  Obviously you have no job where money is involved.  He gets 180k just from the Darwen End for £30 x 6000.  Why would he just take 90k less.just to be nice....

Exactly, we get 2000+ tickets at £20 say, they get 5000+ @30,  it really is a no brainer from the financial pov.

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

That a question the fans forum should be asking at their meeting with the Rovers hierarchy. I was unaware of this £25 pounds offer from them. I do think Rovers should have agree to it tho. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

That a question the fans forum should be asking at their meeting with the Rovers hierarchy. I was unaware of this £25 pounds offer from them. I do think Rovers should have agree to it tho. 

We should have agreed, but Burnley can’t take the moral high ground when they charge £30 themselves…

30 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

I think some people are missing the point that £30 is an unacceptable price to charge any fan of any club.

Most clubs are charging between £25 to £30 per game, PNE prices are between £28 to £30. Huddersfield are charging £25; Wigan are charging £29 pounds for tomorrow with Blackpool. 

In League 1, Stanley is charging £25 for their home game tomorrow against Sheffield Wednesday,

In league 2, Bradford is charged £20 per game if you buy before the day then its £25 on the day.

In the Premier League, Man City prices for tomorrow game against Brentford is £48 to £50. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Most clubs are charging between £25 to £30 per game, PNE prices are between £28 to £30. Huddersfield are charging £25; Wigan are charging £29 pounds for tomorrow with Blackpool. 

In League 1, Stanley is charging £25 for their home game tomorrow against Sheffield Wednesday,

In league 2, Bradford is charged £20 per game if you buy before the day then its £25 on the day.

In the Premier League, Man City prices for tomorrow game against Brentford is £48 to £50. 

Because a lot of clubs are charging high prices for games, does not make it right.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, rigger said:

Because a lot of clubs are charging high prices for games, does not make it right.

Depends on whether you think its high prices for games whether you consider prices for other sporting events or Comedy shows. Its £35 plus if I want to watch Peter Kay comedy show next March in Birmingham or £408 for a race day ticket at F1 grand prix at Silverstone in July 2023 or a ticket for the first day of Test match at Old Trafford is £74 for the Ashes Test match in July.  

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Depends on whether you think its high prices for games whether you consider prices for other sporting events or Comedy shows. Its £35 plus if I want to watch Peter Kay comedy show next March in Birmingham or £408 for a race day ticket at F1 grand prix at Silverstone in July 2023 or a ticket for the first day of Test match at Old Trafford is £74 for the Ashes Test match in July.  

And what has that got to do with the price of getting on Ewood. And yes I do think that £30 is too high a price to get on Ewood.