BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

22 hours ago, rigger said:

Anyone who doesn't renew has not lost out, because they have received what they paid for. I was not saying that what I proposed was the solution. But just that the idea, that there is nothing the Rovers can do, to make this seasons half season tickets reasonably priced, is in my opinion utter rubbish.

The season ticket is supposed to offer the best value for money. How can you then have a half season ticket offering a better per match price? It goes against any sort of retail offer/contract offered in general. Sign up for a longer deal and get a better per month price for example.

Think others have mentioned it, but the real issue is that full season tickets are too high to start with, which paints the club into a corner for half season ticket and match ticket pricing.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jwlrovers said:

The season ticket is supposed to offer the best value for money. How can you then have a half season ticket offering a better per match price? It goes against any sort of retail offer/contract offered in general. Sign up for a longer deal and get a better per month price for example.

Think others have mentioned it, but the real issue is that full season tickets are too high to start with, which paints the club into a corner for half season ticket and match ticket pricing.

They give a discount on next seasons tickets, so they are not painted into a corner.

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

They give a discount on next seasons tickets, so they are not painted into a corner.

Some might not renew next season for whatever reason, so I don't think you can do that really. It is still devaluing this year's season ticket,

Personally, I wouldn't mind the next season discount, but a full season ticket should always be the best value and this would just ignore that completely, particularly if you won't renew. Not really the best advert for a full season ticket...

6 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Preston ticket details...

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/november/09/ticket-news--rovers-v-preston-north-end/

I know they stated at the beginning of the season that all derby games would start at £30, but Christ it's a poor do.

The club will have received somewhere between £50-100k for moving the kick off to 12pm on Sky.

Never expected anything different, but anybody with an ounce of sense would have used that cash to offset the prices with the position we are in.

We could be going into that game top, after 3 weekends with no football. What could have been something up to 25k will probably settle around the 18k mark.

Another huge missed opportunity in what is all too common in Waggots reign.

They also fail to mention in the article that 1875 members can get £5 off, unless that has been put in the "all midweek games will be £20" file and forgotten about.

Its mention in the article about the £5 off for 1875 members. 

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Season tickets should be the best offer for fans who bought and committed for a full season

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Season tickets should be the best offer for fans who bought and committed for a full season

If half season tickets for this season where priced at say £150, and next season full tickets where say £299. Do you think we would sell more than this season. I certainly think we would, and that is the best thing for Blackburn Rovers. If you are upset by this because, you bought a season ticket this season, so be it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rigger said:

If half season tickets for this season where priced at say £150, and next season full tickets where say £299. Do you think we would sell more than this season. I certainly think we would, and that is the best thing for Blackburn Rovers. If you are upset by this because, you bought a season ticket this season, so be it.

What happens if you upset current ST holders' cos you are devaluing this season ST prices by making it cheaper for half season tickets holders. surely you look after your ST holders first. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We know how many 'usual' home fans we have from our fairly static home attendances.

Local Derbys / bigger games are a chance to entice more people to come and watch football at Ewood who rarely come. That's why you get bigger crowds. 

Why would any of those floating potential supporters have 1875 memberships, which means you have to commit to at least 3 games just to break even? 

Where is the benefit of pricing these supporters out of the bigger games?

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

What happens if you upset current ST holders' cos you are devaluing this season ST prices by making it cheaper for half season tickets holders. surely you look after your ST holders first. 

As I have previously stated. Give this years season ticket holders, an extra discount on next seasons, season tickets. The Rovers need additional season ticket holders, not just the same 8500.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hasta said:

We know how many 'usual' home fans we have from our fairly static home attendances.

Local Derbys / bigger games are a chance to entice more people to come and watch football at Ewood who rarely come. That's why you get bigger crowds. 

Why would any of those floating potential supporters have 1875 memberships, which means you have to commit to at least 3 games just to break even? 

is 30 pounds pricing supporters out of bigger games when alot of away games are above 30 pounds? 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

is 30 pounds pricing supporters out of bigger games when alot of away games are above 30 pounds? 

I'm fairly sure the type of fans we need to attract to get bigger crowds at Ewood aren't travelling all over the country paying over £30 going to away games. That's pretty obvious isn't it?

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Yep, just before Christmas and Tesco is fleecing his captive audience....team is top 2 and we will be out sung by the nobbers....he really is a piece of work

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rigger said:

As I have previously stated. Give this years season ticket holders, an extra discount on next seasons, season tickets. The Rovers need additional season ticket holders, not just the same 8500.

And @jwlrovershas told you about the problems with that idea. 

Yes we need additional season ticket holders granted but success on the pitch is needed and I would say under JDT is our best chance to get back to PL but also to grow the fanbase. Ewood Park is fortress this season and we have the best home record this season in the league 

5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I'm fairly sure the type of fans we need to attract to get bigger crowds at Ewood aren't travelling all over the country paying over £30 going to away games. That's pretty obvious isn't it?

I don't know is the honest answer. 

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

YES.

all down to opinions on what you think is affordable doesn't it? 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

And @jwlrovershas told you about the problems with that idea. 

Yes we need additional season ticket holders granted but success on the pitch is needed and I would say under JDT is our best chance to get back to PL but also to grow the fanbase. Ewood Park is fortress this season and we have the best home record this season in the league 

No, @jwlrovers gave his opinion on what he thinks would be the problem with the idea. I doubt there is any legal reason the idea could not be implemented, but I may be wrong.

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes. Ewood, last time I checked, is the emptiest stadium in the Football League in terms of capacity filled percentage (the stadium is on average 40 something % full).

We therefore need to do everything to get people in the ground. On the pitch we’re ‘doing all we can’ by being in the top 2 - shame about Waggott’s horrendous pricing. £30 for a Championship game that’s on TV two weeks before Christmas, unbelievable.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, superniko said:

I work in a company (industry) where they have a "Gold Week" so to speak after there is a bit of a gap in expected revenue. i.e. Big offers, not expecting short-term profit, to get customers back onto your product after a time your industry has lapsed.

We will have a few weeks gap with nobody coming to Ewood and the first game back should be one we target for a big offer to drive a huge crowd to avoid churn of customers (thousands of fans are going to have a few weeks spending Saturday differently and you have to be proactive to reengage them). 

Without over-exaggerating, the PNE game and Christmas period is not far behind the build up to start of season in terms of engaging our fan base, and avoiding a churn of customers.

That's the sort of thing you'd do if you weren't a complete fucking moron.

@AllRoverAsiawas right. He's a cunt.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, frosty said:

Yes. Ewood, last time I checked, is the emptiest stadium in the Football League in terms of capacity filled percentage (the stadium is on average 40 something % full).

We therefore need to do everything to get people in the ground. On the pitch we’re ‘doing all we can’ by being in the top 2 - shame about Waggott’s horrendous pricing. £30 for a Championship game that’s on TV two weeks before Christmas, unbelievable.

MK Dons for one are emptier (average league attendance this season is 8,261 in 30,500 seats; Rovers are 13,661 in 31,367); but yes I believe we are the 'emptiest' in the top two tiers.

But yeah, £30 for what might be an earlier start than you'd like in December to go and sit in the likely freezing cold, all in the midst of a cost of living crisis is some commercial strategy... 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yeah they updated if after they forgot to include it in the original article.

If it had said it in the original article at the time of posting, I wouldn't have said it wasn't included.

• Like 1