BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

Hilarious reading Waggott's comments in the Telegraph today.

He really does think we are all idiots.

So we can't split the Darwen End down the middle when Burnley come. I must have imagined that happening in the PL when nearly 30,000 were on Ewood.

He has an answer or excuse for everything but apply any thought to it and it's seen to be rubbish.

We all know that he's going to charge £30 a time and try to fill the DE with Dingles. It's his big day to make some cash. So why he's trying to con us into thinking he's going to limit them or mentions the league rules on allocations I don't know.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I was talking from own point of view and why I think our ST prices is affordable from myself and something you yet again fail to grasp

didn't know that about the Riverside prices increasing

£17.39 per game is value for money to watch my team played at Ewood Park each season. Didn't over 8k people purchase ST this season shows that plenty of people did take them up. 

Yes, I agree that Rovers need to come up with different strategy to target people who can't attend every home game and you could offer a membership scheme with one payment then 25% off the original price for games. 

I would also like to see Rovers offer family tickets (1 adult with 1 kid or 2 adults with 2 kids) for games. Children (under 11's) ST's to be 1 pound for the season and a pound per game. 

a couple of quick questions @rigger

1) Do you have a season ticket? 

2) if you don't what prevent you from purchasing one? Is it price, transport cost to get there, family and work commitments, etc, etc

If 8k is plenty in your mind then it is little wonder that you get on so well with Waggott.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't think the prices are extortionate at all. £400 over a season and the fact I can fully committed to all 23 league games which makes a ST cheap for me and the best option for myself

Except every other club in the area was charging considerably less than us with their early bird prices? If our season tickets were £800 you’d still defend the club so it’s a pointless discussion with you Chaddy my mate.

• Backroom
4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't think the prices are extortionate at all. £400 over a season and the fact I can fully committed to all 23 league games which makes a ST cheap for me and the best option for myself

You once paid £199 to watch 19 games, only £10.47/game.

You're trying to justify a 75% increase in 12 years, and a 33% increase from just two years ago.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You’ve been skimming the board then Chaddy as I bring it up regularly. Shittest stand in the ground and it’s price is up by around 33% in 3 years.  It should be an entry level stand, but they think it’s right to charge the same money for those facilities as for the rest of the ground. 

That, apparently, is doing ‘all they can’ to increase attendances.

Remember when the season ticket prices came out in May.and you said £399 was too much, they should be £300 and individual match day  prices should be £20 weekends and £15 weekdays. ((Link here if you want reminding). What changed, other than being seduced by Waggots dulcet tones?

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

You’ve been skimming the board then Chaddy as I bring it up regularly. Shittest stand in the ground and it’s price is up by around 33% in 3 years.  It should be an entry level stand, but they think it’s right to charge the same money for those facilities as for the rest of the ground. 

Remember when the season ticket prices came out in May.and you said £399 was too much, they should be £300 and individual match day  prices should be £20 weekends and £15 weekdays. ((Link here if you want reminding). What changed, other than being seduced by Waggots dulcet tones?

Is. Tatters. Integrity. In. His

Rearrange as appropriate.

And remember it was only £399 for existing ST holders in the BEnd and Riverside (went up to £500 in the JWU)

For new or returning fans it was an entry price of £430 up to £530.

Sounds insane pricing for a long standing second division club with crowds at their lowest level in 30 years in a cost of living crisis, doesn’t it? How on earth will you increase crowds with that policy? Ah, but that’s the point, it’s all a cynical ploy, Swag has no interest in actually growing the fanbase, just rinsing the core. So such ridiculous prices for new purchasers then makes perfect sense as he can then paint £399 to £500 to existing ST holders as a price that is ‘rewarding their loyalty’.

Contemptible.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I was talking from own point of view and why I think our ST prices is affordable from myself and something you yet again fail to grasp

£17.39 per game is value for money to watch my team played at Ewood Park each season. Didn't over 8k people purchase ST this season shows that plenty of people did take them up. 

Yes, I agree that Rovers need to come up with different strategy to target people who can't attend every home game and you could offer a membership scheme with one payment then 25% off the original price for games. 

I would also like to see Rovers offer family tickets (1 adult with 1 kid or 2 adults with 2 kids) for games. Children (under 11's) ST's to be 1 pound for the season and a pound per game. 

a couple of quick questions @rigger

1) Do you have a season ticket? 

2) if you don't what prevent you from purchasing one? Is it price, transport cost to get there, family and work commitments, etc, etc

1) No, but I used to.

2) Night matches public transport difficulties. Cost of the season ticket, you might not think £400+ is expensive, but I do. It certainly isn't value for money.  

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

About a year ago now, yep. And Fielder told us that fans in the ground aren't as important as corporate season tickets and youtube influencers, citing his own failure as a father to get his son to support Hull City instead preferring to support Arsenal 'because some youtuber he likes supports them'.

That such a blatantly incapable marketing hack is in any position of power at our club frightens me.

Oh and his big ambition for the club amounted to selling NFTs 😂

Really that long ago. I only thought it was a few months ago. 

I don't understand what NFT still is, but lets leave it there tho today

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

@chaddyrovers do you really think it’s in any way useful for every single fan who has an issue or grievance to book themselves a meeting with Waggott? It’s definitely extremely unhelpful when individuals go in there and tell him there is no issue with our current ticket pricing (or anything else) - when we are seeing record low crowds there is obviously a big problem.

I believe that if any Rovers fans has any problems or what to know like why Rovers are now playing goal music then yes they should contact the club for answers. I didn't request a meeting with Waggott but just wanted a few questions answering, it was Rovers who said they would set up a meeting. 

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

I’m sure Roversfan99 can speak for himself, but I think he’s getting frustrated with you failing to grasp anyone’s circumstances other than your own. 
I don’t think he’s alone in that either.

It comes back to empathy.

I have plenty of empathy thanks, but I was talking about my situation on here. I am fully aware that people are struggling financially or can't attend games due to other commitments. 

58 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If 8k is plenty in your mind then it is little wonder that you get on so well with Waggott.

I met Waggott once for 45 mins and since then no contact with him. You moaned and complained about plenty that happens at Rovers but do zilch about it. You complained about the goal music but do you find out why Rovers are now doing it? I bet you didn't. 

31 minutes ago, Mike E said:

You once paid £199 to watch 19 games, only £10.47/game.

You're trying to justify a 75% increase in 12 years, and a 33% increase from just two years ago.

I paid £319 in the 19/20 season and this season I paid 399. That's 25% increase isn't it. 

1 hour ago, Butty said:

If our season tickets were £800 you’d still defend the club so it’s a pointless discussion with you Chaddy my mate.

really? 

52 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Fair enough. 

52 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Yes I do remember posting my ideas for improving attendances and getting more supporters in the ground. I never said it was too expensive for myself as I think £399 is value for money in my opinion. My post was about others. I can only see attendances getting worse if the EFL go through with streaming 3pm kick off games online and charging probably 10 pounds a game. 

16 minutes ago, rigger said:

1) No, but I used to.

2) Night matches public transport difficulties. Cost of the season ticket, you might not think £400+ is expensive, but I do. It certainly isn't value for money.  

Thanks for replying

• Backroom
37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I believe that if any Rovers fans has any problems or what to know like why Rovers are now playing goal music then yes they should contact the club for answers. I didn't request a meeting with Waggott but just wanted a few questions answering, it was Rovers who said they would set up a meeting. 

I have plenty of empathy thanks, but I was talking about my situation on here. I am fully aware that people are struggling financially or can't attend games due to other commitments. 

I met Waggott once for 45 mins and since then no contact with him. You moaned and complained about plenty that happens at Rovers but do zilch about it. You complained about the goal music but do you find out why Rovers are now doing it? I bet you didn't. 

I paid £319 in the 19/20 season and this season I paid 399. That's 25% increase isn't it. 

I mean... yes. But what you paid wasn't the actual increase, which was to £429.

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Goal music is not that big of a deal, just something id rather they removed. Wouldnt take a day off work just to ask Waggott about it believe it or not.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I mean... yes. But what you paid wasn't the actual increase, which was to £429.

Fair enough Mike. 

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Goal music is not that big of a deal, just something id rather they removed. Wouldnt take a day off work just to ask Waggott about it believe it or not.

You don't need to take day off work to send an email tho. Takes about 2 minutes. 

53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fair enough Mike. 

You don't need to take day off work to send an email tho. Takes about 2 minutes. 

You have purposely sidetracked from your original nonsense justifying the ticket prices based on sales numbers which you think are decent but are clearly piss poor. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Goal music… Jesus.

People moaning about it on a messageboard seems the entirely appropriate response. Messaging the CEO to ask him why they are suddenly playing it (there is obviously no real good reason by the way) is ridiculous. If someone feels that strongly about it the fans forum is 100% the place to raise it.

He added: “We have a fairly elderly fraternity who can’t come any more for various reasons, we are tending to backfill with the 18-23-year-olds and I think the pricing is right"

Waggott confirms what we know. They are not bothered one bit about putting buses on or chasing around after lost fans. They are very pleased with the attendance and the ticket policy.

Send as many letters or emails and have as many meetings as you want. "We will look into it", code for "We don't care. Come or dont come."

Sets a low target.
Hits the low target.
Emails the owners to let them know he's hit the targets and they need to pay X to make up the difference.

Packs the laptop away.

Home for 3pm. 

Its CEO'ing the Swag way.

• Like 5