BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Most clubs are charging between £25 to £30 per game, PNE prices are between £28 to £30. Huddersfield are charging £25; Wigan are charging £29 pounds for tomorrow with Blackpool. 

In League 1, Stanley is charging £25 for their home game tomorrow against Sheffield Wednesday,

In league 2, Bradford is charged £20 per game if you buy before the day then its £25 on the day.

In the Premier League, Man City prices for tomorrow game against Brentford is £48 to £50. 

Which of those clubs charged over £400 for season tickets to anyone wanting to start attending their home games?  I’ll save you a job looking it up. None. 

We don’t encourage season ticket sales and don’t encourage walk on sales.

The pricing in the Riverside is an absolute joke. It’s a shed of a stand (no offence to the regulars) and will cost less than the other stands to open due to its lack of facilities. It’s been talked about above that the away fans have to be charged the same as the home fans for comparable seating. But if rules allow, the Riverside should be an entry-level stand with season tickets at £250 and match day tickets at £17.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

My god! They are one off marquee events, not second division football matches taking place 23 times a year. The lengths you will go to. Embarrassing.

🤦‍♂️

Well, if you disagree so much with what Rovers are charging for match day prices then do something about it instead of just complaining on here and arrange a face-to-face meeting with Rovers management. It's embarrassing the lengths you go to complain and moan on here but do absolutely nothing about it your problems with match day ticket prices. 

I outlined a number of different football league clubs within 40 miles of me and their tickets prices which most are similar to Rovers match day prices.

Yes, they might be one off event, but the point still stands that most sporting or social events are expensive things. 

36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Depends on whether you think its high prices for games whether you consider prices for other sporting events or Comedy shows. Its £35 plus if I want to watch Peter Kay comedy show next March in Birmingham or £408 for a race day ticket at F1 grand prix at Silverstone in July 2023 or a ticket for the first day of Test match at Old Trafford is £74 for the Ashes Test match in July.  

That’s daft Chaddy. Which of those events will only be full to 60% of capacity?

It’s £4.99 to watch some films at Vue cinemas, and £5 to get into Catterick Racecourse.  Those prices are irrelevant to what is charged at Ewood as well. The only fair comparison is other football clubs with a similarly affluence of fan base.

Edited by Hasta

No it isn’t embarrassing to expect your club to have a semblance of a sensible ticketing strategy without random fans having to go to reason with a CEO earning £300k.

Or perhaps PNE’s ticketing strategy was set after Bob from Fulwood had a brew with Peter Ridsdale….

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

@chaddyrovers in the past you have been staunchly against comparing ticket prices to other clubs because you deemed them to be incomparable, even when they were local clubs such as Preston, whereby the prices are noticeably cheaper and their season ticket sales were massively higher as a result.

Now you are comparing to one off comedian tours following a huge period of time without or totally different sports!

Also, what is this bollocks about dismissing people because "they haven't done anything about it?!" It isn't down to anyone on here to do anything, there is someone paid £300k a year at the club who has that responsibility. And he has never shown any willingness to listen anyway, even when ticket sales have been consistently piss poor.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well, if you disagree so much with what Rovers are charging for match day prices then do something about it instead of just complaining on here and arrange a face-to-face meeting with Rovers management. It's embarrassing the lengths you go to complain and moan on here but do absolutely nothing about it your problems with match day ticket prices. 

I outlined a number of different football league clubs within 40 miles of me and their tickets prices which most are similar to Rovers match day prices.

Yes, they might be one off event, but the point still stands that most sporting or social events are expensive things. 

See that is the point. A lot of people have done something about the price of entry. They have stopped going.

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, rigger said:

And what has that got to do with the price of getting on Ewood. And yes I do think that £30 is too high a price to get on Ewood.

It's the cost of match day prices at other local clubs and also for other sporting and social events people will want to do, 

22 minutes ago, Hasta said:

That’s daft Chaddy. Which of those events will only be full to 60% of capacity?

It’s £4.99 to watch some films at Vue cinemas, and £5 to get into Catterick Racecourse.  Those prices are irrelevant to what is charged at Ewood as well. The only fair comparison is other football clubs with a similarly affluence of fan base.

I also gave comparison to other football clubs of their prices for match day prices which most of similar to ours.  

22 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

No it isn’t embarrassing to expect your club to have a semblance of a sensible ticketing strategy without random fans having to go to reason with a CEO earning £300k.

Its your club that your support so you can engage and suggestion ideas or opinions. 

Do you never suggest ideas or opinions on how your workplace could be run better or what improvements could be made by the company? same situation with your football club. 

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

@chaddyrovers in the past you have been staunchly against comparing ticket prices to other clubs because you deemed them to be incomparable, even when they were local clubs such as Preston, whereby the prices are noticeably cheaper and their season ticket sales were massively higher as a result.

Yes true but I was wonder what other football league clubs within 40 miles of myself were charging for their next league game and most were similar to ours prices. 

Now you are comparing to one off comedian tours following a huge period of time without or totally different sports!

Already dealt with that point. 

Also, what is this bollocks about dismissing people because "they haven't done anything about it?!" It isn't down to anyone on here to do anything, there is someone paid £300k a year at the club who has that responsibility. And he has never shown any willingness to listen anyway, even when ticket sales have been consistently piss poor.

This is your club you support, and Rovers are more than welcoming at meeting fans and listening to their opinions and problems or complaints about this. Do you not suggest ideas or opinions to your workplace or management how your job or shift could be improved or run better or more efficient? 

You have a complaint over the goal music now being use, but do you ever make contact to Rovers about it or to even find why goal music is being played at Rovers now? 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's the cost of match day prices at other local clubs and also for other sporting and social events people will want to do, 

They maybe the prices that are charged, but do you think that those, and £30 to get on Ewood are a fair price to pay. Don't misdirect the question by quoting what other people do or think. What is your opinion ?   

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I also gave comparison to other football clubs of their prices for match day prices which most of similar to ours.  

So you accept your formula 1 Silverstone price is completely irrelevant.

And you also accept those other clubs have done more to encourage increased home attendances by having lower season ticket prices.

As I said, I could just accept the £30 for this game if the riverside was reduced to £20 / £5 kids to give a ‘’budget’ option. I don’t understand ,and never have done, why that stand is now the same price as all of the others, and has received an over 20% price increase since Covid. 

Edited by Hasta

11 minutes ago, rigger said:

They maybe the prices that are charged, but do you think that those, and £30 to get on Ewood are a fair price to pay. Don't misdirect the question by quoting what other people do or think. What is your opinion ?   

From myself point of view, I think the prices Rovers charge is fair enough cos of my financial situation but reading on here that some people think that the match day prices, and season tickets prices are too expensive or not enough different options or incentivises are done by the club. This is why I have said few times about engaging with Rovers management and put your thoughts and ideas on these issues to them. 

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You chucked all your ideas in Swag’s bin as soon as you walked in his office, so I’m not going take your advice.

Wrong again Matty, Steve answered my questions fully and its was good positive conservation where I put all my questions on the issues I was there to discussed was done. 

Maybe try doing something instead of doing nothing but complain and whinge on here day after day. Don't forget it's your club that you are supporter and stakeholder in for many years in the past and many years in the future. 

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I don’t understand ,and never have done, why that stand is now the same price as all of the others, and has received an over 20% price increase since Covid. 

It’s because a decision has obviously been made to rinse the remaining core for as much as possible and feck trying to grow the match going support.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

From myself point of view, I think the prices Rovers charge is fair enough cos of my financial situation but reading on here that some people think that the match day prices, and season tickets prices are too expensive or not enough different options or incentivises are done by the club. This is why I have said few times about engaging with Rovers management and put your thoughts and ideas on these issues to them. 

Wrong again Matty, Steve answered my questions fully and its was good positive conservation where I put all my questions on the issues I was there to discussed was done. 

Maybe try doing something instead of doing nothing but complain and whinge on here day after day. Don't forget it's your club that you are supporter and stakeholder in for many years in the past and many years in the future. 

So if they are ‘fair enough’ why do we have 8,700 ST holders, but PNE have 12k, League 1 Bolton 14k?

Ha liar, you literally told us after the meeting that you didn’t ask him what you had planned and went on about all week before. (Because you were a rabbit in the headlights in the CEO’s office.

But I’ll humour you anyway, so what changes has he brought in that you suggested?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

So you accept your formula 1 Silverstone price is completely irrelevant.

the point I was showing was other sporting events are expensive as it shown. 

And you also accept those other clubs have done more to encourage increased home attendances by having lower season ticket prices.

Rovers could have maybe done more if you think the main reason people haven't bought a ST in last few years, but other factors come into it like Winning games and performances on the pitch. 

As I said, I could just accept the £30 for this game if the riverside was reduced to £20 / £5 kids to give a ‘’budget’ option. I don’t understand ,and never have done, 

Interesting idea. 

12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So if they are ‘fair enough’ why do we have 8,700 ST holders, but PNE have 12k, League 1 Bolton 14k?

Maybe read at what I said which is my own point of view prices. Other people situations are different. 

Ha liar, you literally told us after the meeting that you didn’t ask him what you had planned and went on about all week before. (Because you were a rabbit in the headlights in the CEO’s office.

I have already said that all my questions were answered fully. How many more times do I need say that? 

I said I didn't raise my ideas of different tickets offers the club could do as that wasn't what my meeting was about. 

But I’ll humour you anyway, so what changes has he brought in that you suggested?

One point that has changed since the meeting is Rovers have kept the staff list up to date now instead of it containing staff members on the list that have left us. Staff | rovers.co.uk

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Depends on whether you think its high prices for games whether you consider prices for other sporting events or Comedy shows. Its £35 plus if I want to watch Peter Kay comedy show next March in Birmingham or £408 for a race day ticket at F1 grand prix at Silverstone in July 2023 or a ticket for the first day of Test match at Old Trafford is £74 for the Ashes Test match in July.  

Totally embarrassing chaddy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You’re comparing Championship football (23 games a season) to Peter Kay’s stand up tour, consider he hasn’t toured for years, plays a handful of gigs in a region etc …..your tongue must be sawdust on those boots Chaddy

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1

• Backroom
13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Comparing the prices of premium, crème de la crème events to Rovers prices just proves we should be charging about £20 per game.

• Like 3

The half ST is £19 a game isn't it ?

OK if you have a spare £230 just before Xmas.

They just about knocked 25p for their amazing offer last week. It didn't have much of an impact did it.

Owners cannot be forgiven so easily that we can be bought off for £18.75 or even a tenner.

Does anyone know the costs incurred by the club say per every 1000 extra fans. Especially if they open an additional concourse ?

An extra 1500 or so home fans attended, so the Hudds gate was perfectly fine and worth the promotion. Not sure what else folk expected for a run of the mill November game that was only a few quid cheaper than usual.

However, the half ST price, just like the full will make it bloody difficult to attract floating fans. £230-£280 for a half ST? Good luck with that in this economic climate!

When is this long signposted Swag retirement actually happening? Because by god we need it…

Edited by Mattyblue