BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/october/14/ticket-news--rovers-v-huddersfield-town/

£18.75 for the 147th anniversary against Huddersfield, it was £14.60 for last year’s anniversary game against Sheff Utd… that pesky inflation gets everywhere!

At least it is a reasonable price. Well done the Rovers

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/october/14/ticket-news--rovers-v-huddersfield-town/

£18.75 for the 147th anniversary against Huddersfield, it was £14.60 for last year’s anniversary game against Sheff Utd… that pesky inflation gets everywhere!

This was mentioned at the Fans Forum on Monday - in fact I asked whether there would be a £14.70 game this year. Steve Waggott was mightily annoyed last year when the club did it for the home game with Sheffield United and they charged us 331 for the return. He said on Monday that he was looking to do an £18.75 offer assuming Huddersfiled would agree to a reciprocal rate so there should be that to look forward to in the New Year. They were only founded in 1908 so it might be a bit dearer!

• 3 weeks later...

Just called to ask about Half Season Tickets as they are usually out around the first week of November.

Apparently, they're imminent and there will be an announcement late this week / beginning of next. Hopefully we get a few being taken up as we did last year!

28 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Their release was perfectly timed for a good take up last season, put on sale just as we embarked on that charge up the table… let’s hope they don’t coincide with the opposite this time!

The World Cup should help avoid that, but what happens at Burnley will leave a taste in the mouth for several weeks.

23 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So £229-£279 for a half season ticket, our neighbours could pretty much have picked up full one at those prices.

Roll up, roll up…

Brain dead pricing. So out of touch it's scary.

• Like 1

They can't do cheap half season tickets now, as it will devalue the full season ticket. Obviously the right thing to do was have this sort of pricing for the full season ticket.

I'm hoping if we somehow get promoted, that they will offer cut price tickets for bumper crowds, with the potential drop in revenue easily covered by the TV money (can't see this happening though).

Go up, make it £299 a ST and we’d sell an absolute shed load… but they wouldn’t, it’d be a £500 job as Swag would see the £££ signs, despite the vast TV income, and we’d do well to sell substantially more than we have now.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

Got a half ST for both me and my son as per last season. Really hope they make the full ST a max of £299 next season. £400 feels like a hell of a lot of dosh at the moment as was mooted in the summer and things are only going to get worse in that regard over the next few months. 

• Like 2

On 05/11/2022 at 19:47, jwlrovers said:

They can't do cheap half season tickets now, as it will devalue the full season ticket. Obviously the right thing to do was have this sort of pricing for the full season ticket.

I'm hoping if we somehow get promoted, that they will offer cut price tickets for bumper crowds, with the potential drop in revenue easily covered by the TV money (can't see this happening though).

I don't get the idea that the Rovers can't offer cheap half season tickets because it will not be fair on full season ticket holders. All they need to do is give a reduced price, for this years season ticket holders, on the price of next seasons ticket. These prices are just clutched out of the air, to give an example:  Half season ticket for this season £120,Season ticket price for next season £ 299, Season ticket price for next season, for this seasons ticket holders £249. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

I don't get the idea that the Rovers can't offer cheap half season tickets because it will not be fair on full season ticket holders. All they need to do is give a reduced price, for this years season ticket holders, on the price of next seasons ticket. These prices are just clutched out of the air, to give an example:  Half season ticket for this season £120,Season ticket price for next season £ 299, Season ticket price for next season, for this seasons ticket holders £249. 

You might have people who won't renew next year (for whatever reason) and therefore lose out. It would also set a precedent that a full ST is poor value compared to a half ST. A full ST needs to offer a lower price per game than a half ST.

We've got more empty seats in our ground than any other club in England and yet we are charging some of the highest prices in the division for a season ticket.

Only a cynical cash grabber like Waggott, only interested in immediate cash flow and his own position, would think that is a good idea.

All the evidence - sales, attendances, rivals performance - show it is causing the Club harm and yet he still carries on with it and the underhand inferences that the reason for poor gates is the fault of fans and not those setting prices.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We've got more empty seats in our ground than any other club in England and yet we are charging some of the highest prices in the division for a season ticket.

Its brainless isnt it,the economics of the madhouse but it appears they will have it no other way.

It almost appears the fans are being punished...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jwlrovers said:

You might have people who won't renew next year (for whatever reason) and therefore lose out. It would also set a precedent that a full ST is poor value compared to a half ST. A full ST needs to offer a lower price per game than a half ST.

Anyone who doesn't renew has not lost out, because they have received what they paid for. I was not saying that what I proposed was the solution. But just that the idea, that there is nothing the Rovers can do, to make this seasons half season tickets reasonably priced, is in my opinion utter rubbish.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Only a cynical cash grabber like Waggott, only interested in immediate cash flow and his own position, would think that is a good idea.

All the evidence - sales, attendances, rivals performance - show it is causing the Club harm and yet he still carries on with it and the underhand inferences that the reason for poor gates is the fault of fans and not those setting prices.

When you put it like that then yes, I agree with AllRoverAsia. He's a right cunt.

• Like 1

Preston ticket details...

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/november/09/ticket-news--rovers-v-preston-north-end/

I know they stated at the beginning of the season that all derby games would start at £30, but Christ it's a poor do.

The club will have received somewhere between £50-100k for moving the kick off to 12pm on Sky.

Never expected anything different, but anybody with an ounce of sense would have used that cash to offset the prices with the position we are in.

We could be going into that game top, after 3 weekends with no football. What could have been something up to 25k will probably settle around the 18k mark.

Another huge missed opportunity in what is all too common in Waggots reign.

They also fail to mention in the article that 1875 members can get £5 off, unless that has been put in the "all midweek games will be £20" file and forgotten about.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 4

55 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Preston ticket details...

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/november/09/ticket-news--rovers-v-preston-north-end/

I know they stated at the beginning of the season that all derby games would start at £30, but Christ it's a poor do.

The club will have received somewhere between £50-100k for moving the kick off to 12pm on Sky.

Never expected anything different, but anybody with an ounce of sense would have used that cash to offset the prices with the position we are in.

We could be going into that game top, after 3 weekends with no football. What could have been something up to 25k will probably settle around the 18k mark.

Another huge missed opportunity in what is all too common in Waggots reign.

They also fail to mention in the article that 1875 members can get £5 off, unless that has been put in the "all midweek games will be £20" file and forgotten about.

I work in a company (industry) where they have a "Gold Week" so to speak after there is a bit of a gap in expected revenue. i.e. Big offers, not expecting short-term profit, to get customers back onto your product after a time your industry has lapsed.

We will have a few weeks gap with nobody coming to Ewood and the first game back should be one we target for a big offer to drive a huge crowd to avoid churn of customers (thousands of fans are going to have a few weeks spending Saturday differently and you have to be proactive to reengage them). 

Without over-exaggerating, the PNE game and Christmas period is not far behind the build up to start of season in terms of engaging our fan base, and avoiding a churn of customers.

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1

It's really poor that Swag would rather rinse supporters than fill the ground. By the time the Nobbers game comes around we could be in the top two, starved of proper football for a month and perhaps some of the more casual supporters appetite might have been whetted by the World Cup. So he charges ridiculous prices for a 12 noon kick off live on Sky.

The sooner this bloke departs the better our club will be.

• Like 7