BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

• 2 weeks later...

Pathetic. He’s crowing throughout whilst quoting numbers he’d have been embarrassed to have as a target when he joined.

We’ve sold 200 half STs and he honestly expects a 1000 to go when £230 to £280? Get real.

’We’ve already got 11,000 home fans for PNE’ - 👏

‘Generally 12,000 home fans gets us to where we want to be’

…Err no it doesn’t, five years you’ve had and you still don’t have a clue. Please just retire for christ sake.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

His error was the prices he charged for season tickets in the summer. In the article he talks about understanding the economic situation for people and then kept prices the same. Still on £300k a year and getting into games for free it doesn't really impinge on his finances too much.

• Like 4

Nothing will change next summer either, it’s obvious from that article that he will just be tinkering around the edges, I.e that family ticket that no actual family bought will be slightly less ludicrously priced. The real issue, that any potential new or returning fan has to find £430 to £530 won’t be on his agenda.

We won’t sell more than 8/9k at these prices as a second division club, it’s as simple as that. But he isn’t bothered if we do or don’t as long as he hits his revenue target (though he often misses it anyway).

These are his ticketing polices and he simply won’t move on them… the only hope is someone else moves him out the club.

• Like 3

He's in the Ewood comfort zone with ready made excuses for all his arse covering.

Said it at the time and plenty since the biggest balls up under his watch was not pushing the boat out after promotion from league 1. That summer should have seen a real push to get bums back on seats in numbers with a policy like Huddersfield and Bradford did in the past and Preston and Bolton have done recently.

There's a reason they all did it or should we say HAD to do it, it's the only way in these areas without a Prem promotion to get a big influx of lapsed fans back in.  Blackburn is even smaller and more notoriously hard to draw big numbers from regularly than those areas.

Yet his squeeze what you have policy with year on year price hikes to pull us back into line with the upper end championship prices has lead us to where we are now crowd wise.  All this done on a backdrop of a pandemic then cost of living crisis the man is a buffoon if he thinks he can grow support in this climate with his policy.  Maintaining what we have will be the biggest challenge now. That hasn't gone well under his watch has it ?

Best team in a decade arguably and home turnouts less than when Bowyer had us plodding around going nowhere. 

You have all the tools at your disposal now Steve but you still have no idea how to use them.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Ossydave said:

The dingle debacle has shaved a good few hundred off his anticipated half ST figures you'd imagine. I still don't think I'm properly over it.

I suspect future STs sales  for 23/24 will be less than this season , The Dingle Debacle and the expected mid table finish (again) wont go down well .....

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Are prices that high when it was the same price as the previous season

Yeah, they're the most expensive they've been in a LONG time, possibly ever.

The last pre-Venky ST cost £199, less than this year's HalfST.

Edited by Mike E

7 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Yeah, they're the most expensive they've been in a LONG time, possibly ever.

The last pre-Venky ST cost £199, less than this year's HalfST.

I am fully aware of that but PL money help Rovers keep prices low even tho we were less spending in the transfer market overall. 

We seen less than £20 pounds a season increase each season. which is less than a pound a game for ST holder

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

We seen less than £20 pounds a season increase each season. which is less than a pound a game for ST holder

My Riverside season ticket was £319 for the 2019-20 season.

Two years later the same seat was £399 for me or £429 for a new season ticket holder.

The season tickets are too expensive, whether you can afford them or not.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't think the prices are extortionate at all. £400 over a season and the fact I can fully committed to all 23 league games which makes a ST cheap for me and the best option for myself

Just because it is the best option, doesn't make it cheap or value for money. The club should be targetting people who may not be able to attend every home game. Or people who think that this seasons pricing is not value for money. You may be content to pay £400, but the take-up shows that a lot of people aren't.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am fully aware of that but PL money help Rovers keep prices low even tho we were less spending in the transfer market overall. 

But it isn't £20/season over 12 years. It was about £10/season until 2 years ago, and about £100 increase since.

If prices had increased at the same rate to about £330, it'd still be too high for many but at least they wouldn't be extracting the urine.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

And it all comes back to self interest, lacking any ability to consider anybody else.

I was talking from own point of view and why I think our ST prices is affordable from myself and something you yet again fail to grasp

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

My Riverside season ticket was £319 for the 2019-20 season.

Two years later the same seat was £399 for me or £429 for a new season ticket holder.

The season tickets are too expensive, whether you can afford them or not.

didn't know that about the Riverside prices increasing

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Just because it is the best option, doesn't make it cheap or value for money. The club should be targetting people who may not be able to attend every home game. Or people who think that this seasons pricing is not value for money. You may be content to pay £400, but the take-up shows that a lot of people aren't.

£17.39 per game is value for money to watch my team played at Ewood Park each season. Didn't over 8k people purchase ST this season shows that plenty of people did take them up. 

Yes, I agree that Rovers need to come up with different strategy to target people who can't attend every home game and you could offer a membership scheme with one payment then 25% off the original price for games. 

I would also like to see Rovers offer family tickets (1 adult with 1 kid or 2 adults with 2 kids) for games. Children (under 11's) ST's to be 1 pound for the season and a pound per game. 

a couple of quick questions @rigger

1) Do you have a season ticket? 

2) if you don't what prevent you from purchasing one? Is it price, transport cost to get there, family and work commitments, etc, etc

Edited by chaddyrovers

25 minutes ago, Mike E said:

But it isn't £20/season over 12 years. It was about £10/season until 2 years ago, and about £100 increase since.

If prices had increased at the same rate to about £330, it'd still be too high for many but at least they wouldn't be extracting the urine.

Well Mike it is just under 17 pounds a season when you average it over 12 season. 

I am correct to think that you had meetings with Waggott and Fielder in recent months over ST cost and match day ticket and put ideas from yourself and Rovers trust to him? or Am I wrong? 

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well Mike it is just under 17 pounds a season when you average it over 12 season. 

I am correct to think that you had meetings with Waggott and Fielder in recent months over ST cost and match day ticket and put ideas from yourself and Rovers trust to him? or Am I wrong? 

About a year ago now, yep. And Fielder told us that fans in the ground aren't as important as corporate season tickets and youtube influencers, citing his own failure as a father to get his son to support Hull City instead preferring to support Arsenal 'because some youtuber he likes supports them'.

That such a blatantly incapable marketing hack is in any position of power at our club frightens me.

Oh and his big ambition for the club amounted to selling NFTs 😂

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 7

I’ve had a bit of a break since the World Cup has been on, but some of the stuff on here is frightening. And just as I’m typing this Chaddy has responded to Mike.

@chaddyrovers do you really think it’s in any way useful for every single fan who has an issue or grievance to book themselves a meeting with Waggott? It’s definitely extremely unhelpful when individuals go in there and tell him there is no issue with our current ticket pricing (or anything else) - when we are seeing record low crowds there is obviously a big problem.

Not that @Mike Eneeds me to speak for him, but the Rovers Trust regularly meet with Waggott and discuss things, same applies to the fans forum. We are in constant discussion regarding pricing, ticket offerings, growing support, marketing the club, and much more. I’d personally be very happy to discuss our ideas with anyone on here, and would love all your input on what we are working on. I’ll also ensure any specific points are included and raised in one of our scheduled meetings with Waggott. Our aim is to ensure all supporters have meaningful input into the running of the club. A unified voice representing a large number of fans is what we want to provide.

• Like 4