BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

22 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Any effort to try and change things doesn't get the time of day, nothing changes and this conversation feels like banging my head against a wall, similar to if anyone was to (unsuccessfully) attempt to ask Waggott to change something. I presume that most peoples bosses aren't as tone deaf as Waggott so pointless comparison.

Whether its a big issue like expensive season tickets and piss poor attendances (that you somehow think are decent), issues that affect matchdays like woeful services on the concourses (Waggott has heard at fans forum about potential solutions like pre pouring pints and opening the bottle bars, neither of which he has done) or really trivial issues like goal music, aside from having a little moan on here, we just have to accept it.

You or anyone shouldn't give up and keep trying to put the point across more and more to Rovers management if you want things to change at Rovers. Don't give up

21 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

You're precisely Waggot's target audience. ie a customer who he can rinse with ever increasing prices, without a murmur of discontent.

Those who should be his target audience - ie the lapsed thousands - he doesn't see as such.

I don't see that way that I am being rinse at all. I think the price I am paying is more than reasonable and acceptable. Plus, what I have spent on Rovers items from club shops like away shirt, hoodie, etc. 

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't see that way that I am being rinse at all. I think the price I am paying is more than reasonable and acceptable. Plus, what I have spent on Rovers items from club shops like away shirt, hoodie, etc. 

Chaddy - with respect, you're not getting the point.

In Waggot's world, he knows that there are hard core fans like yourself who will pay whatever he asks to get their Rovers fix. He knows that he's overcharging, and that a dwindling number will pay up no matter what.

There's enough fans in your position who will pay whatever to enable him to hit his financial target. That number will reduce year on year, but to alleviate the financial hit, he increases the price year on year to make up the shortfall.

This takes no effort on his part.

He's simply rinsing the hard core.

Where it does require effort - ie finding inventive ways to grow the fan base - he can't be arsed.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Chaddy - with respect, you're not getting the point.

In Waggot's world, he knows that there are hard core fans like yourself who will pay whatever he asks to get their Rovers fix. He knows that he's overcharging, and that a dwindling number will pay up no matter what.

There's enough fans in your position who will pay whatever to enable him to hit his financial target. That number will reduce year on year, but to alleviate the financial hit, he increases the price year on year to make up the shortfall.

This takes no effort on his part.

He's simply rinsing the hard core.

Where it does require effort - ie finding inventive ways to grow the fan base - he can't be arsed.

I get the point thanks and from your point of view you see me getting rinse. I don't. I see it as supporting my club and I don't see as being over charged for ST or items I buy in the club shop. 

ST numbers went up from last season to this season. Last season were just under 7,000 and this season we sold 8,708. 

"SW stated that the current season tickets total was just under 7,300. There had been just under 200 sales for the 17 game offer and already 150 half season tickets had been sold." https://s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/gc-media-assets.gc.roversservices.co.uk/06c23660-56c5-11ec-957c-43c7d29309e1.pdf

this season "SW advised the meeting that the current sales total for season tickets was 8,779, including 71 who had bought the recent 18 game package. There would be no more offers until the usual half season ticket offer" FF Minutes 10.10.22 (1) (amazonaws.com)

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I get the point thanks and from your point of view you see me getting rinse. I don't. I see it as supporting my club and I don't see as being over charged for ST or items I buy in the club shop. 

ST numbers went up from last season to this season. Last season were just under 7,000 and this season we sold 8,708. 

"SW stated that the current season tickets total was just under 7,300. There had been just under 200 sales for the 17 game offer and already 150 half season tickets had been sold." https://s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/gc-media-assets.gc.roversservices.co.uk/06c23660-56c5-11ec-957c-43c7d29309e1.pdf

this season "SW advised the meeting that the current sales total for season tickets was 8,779, including 71 who had bought the recent 18 game package. There would be no more offers until the usual half season ticket offer" FF Minutes 10.10.22 (1) (amazonaws.com)

You're Waggot's ideal customer, mate! It's no wonder he offered you a cup of tea and a bourbon or two 🙂

He still don’t get the point. No surprise as he never does. I’ll make it very simple for him…

Every club has a hardcore that buys regardless. Chaddy is one of them, I am one of them, 7k to 8.7k more of us are one of them too. However, in this division, if you want to grow the attendance you need to attract more than the hardcore with attractive pricing. Swag however doesn’t want the hassle of a big marketing campaign, potentially missing out on his targets etc when he knows he can charge £400/£530 and sell 7 to 8.7k regardless. And why would he when he’ll in all likelihood be gone in a couple of years anyway, so why does he give a feck about building a fanbase?

Oh and P.S., as for raw numbers. 7,000 was appalling, 8,700 is also appalling.

Whereas our similar sized neighbours (one of which is in a lower division) sold 12,000 and 13,500 respectively. 

It’s piss poor, simple as that.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Aren't you a Season Ticket holder yourself so you are also by yours words his ideal customer? 

I certainly am, Chaddy. The difference being that I know he's ripping me off, much as it grates.

I have a breaking point though with pricing, and I'm not far off it.

I know I'm being fleeced, but I'll only be fleeced so far.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I certainly am, Chaddy. The difference being that I know he's ripping me off, much as it grates.

I have a breaking point though with pricing, and I'm not far off it.

I know I'm being fleeced, but I'll only be fleeced so far.

thanks for answering the question. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/12/2022 at 16:11, roversfan99 said:

Its an absolute joke, there should be a cap. How many neutrals will spend their Monday nights watching that?

How do you cap it? 

Sky will want to show games at the top of the league. Rovers are near the top so they will want to show us. 

Monday night isn't ideal and a Friday night or Sunday dinner time would be better  

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How do you cap it? 

Sky will want to show games at the top of the league. Rovers are near the top so they will want to show us. 

Monday night isn't ideal and a Friday night or Sunday dinner time would be better  

Perhaps a cap of 2 Sky games every month, or no more than 2 games every (for example) 8 to minimise disruption to individual sets of fans.

Football should be about the fans but Sky take the piss, they literally just repeatedly show whoever is in the top 3 or 4 repeatedly.

35 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Perhaps a cap of 2 Sky games every month, or no more than 2 games every (for example) 8 to minimise disruption to individual sets of fans.

Football should be about the fans but Sky take the piss, they literally just repeatedly show whoever is in the top 3 or 4 repeatedly.

Fans have got plenty of notice when fixtures are moved for TV coverage so the disruption is minimal to be fair. 

Sky and people want to teams at the top fighting for promotion. 

Football fixtures have been disruption for years now (over 20 years now). It hasn't just changed now. The key difference for us is we are near the top of the league. 

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fans have got plenty of notice when fixtures are moved for TV coverage so the disruption is minimal to be fair. 

Sky and people want to teams at the top fighting for promotion. 

Football fixtures have been disruption for years now (over 20 years now). It hasn't just changed now. The key difference for us is we are near the top of the league. 

Its not about notice, and I doubt many neutrals desperately want to watch us.

You seemingly have no care for basically all of our games being moved to less convenient times, especially for away games in which you seldom attend so with a lack of empathy dont care about away fans, think what time they will be back today. 

There should also be a spread of teams.

41 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You seemingly have no care for basically all of our games being moved to less convenient times, especially for away games in which you seldom attend so with a lack of empathy dont care about away fans, think what time they will be back today. 

I have very good reasons why I cannot attend away games currently. So please don't go there.

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I suspect that - should home fixtues be altered at the whim of Sky which impacted Chaddy's ability to attend - his tune would change.

'I'm alright, Jack', used to be the phrase, I believe.

• Like 3