BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

8 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Not sure about that. Some will, but plenty more will never be back whatever the division is or who the owners are.

You stop going for a decade and you will have new hobbies, new things to spend your dosh on and they wouldn’t even think about going back to Ewood.

This was proven when we played Liverpool and Utd in the cup.

Obviously not all who say they won't return but a lot would. 

In any case, we lost many fans due to relegation from the Premier League as well as the fiasco that Venkys brought. 

What’s that got to do with long lapsed ST holders? 

Like most clubs of our size we have a floating support/casual support/local glory hunters that come out for those kind of games, many of those won’t ever had a ST.

It’s sad, and it made me angry for a long time that these idiotic owners threw away overnight such hard work over years to build the fanbase. However, a whole generation will probably have passed by the time these owners leave, so a whole new generation of Rovers fans will be attending Ewood by then. So there’s no point hoping against hope that these long gone ST holders (who yes you are right left for many a reason including the farce of 2010 to 2012, but long gone they still have), who by then will last have been a regular 15/20 years ago, will come flooding back in 2032 or 2042…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

Enjoyed yesterday but wasn’t the same as 2 pals and their kids who I’ve sat with for a long time weren’t there…… reason being is they simply couldn’t afford this seasons ticket prices. Longstanding season ticket holders too.

Fans who work hard all week should not be priced out of going to watch their local team play football on a Saturday afternoon. It makes my blood boil. All that’s going to happen is these kids will miss out on Rovers and with that you lose a generation of support.

And yet they had the temerity to employ the gestapo to check on id to get into the ground causing massive queues in the heavy rain! 

I really wish the folk in the fans forum would put issues like this to Mr Waggott.  

Edited by david brent
  • Like 6

14 minutes ago, david brent said:

Enjoyed yesterday but wasn’t the same as 2 pals and their kids who I’ve sat with for a long time weren’t there…… reason being is they simply couldn’t afford this seasons ticket prices. Longstanding season ticket holders too.

it's great shame about that situation and I feel for them all

Where I sit in the NO2 part of the Blackburn end they were alot of new faces around me. Still around 12 people I seen or spoken before. Families mainly the new ones. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I was there in the queue to get into the Blackburn End at 2pm. They were checking for fake season tickets and match day tickets 

So they weren’t checking id’s?  Just that the ticket was legit and an adult wasn’t on a child ticket.

I thought the whole point of the electronic gate system was that the bar code and number attributed identifies in the system . If it's fake the electronic gate won't open..At which stage those on duty outside the gate step in for further investigation. No need for long queues of bona fide ticket holders then

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

I thought the whole point of the electronic gate system was that the bar code and number attributed identifies in the system . If it's fake the electronic gate won't open..At which stage those on duty outside the gate step in for further investigation. No need for long queues of bona fide ticket holders then

But if you have bought a youngsters ticket at the much lower price, the automatic system does not know if an adult uses the ticket. A simple solution would be to lower the cost of an adult ticket to a level where it is not worth doing the fiddle.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rigger said:

But if you have bought a youngsters ticket at the much lower price, the automatic system does not know if an adult uses the ticket. A simple solution would be to lower the cost of an adult ticket to a level where it is not worth doing the fiddle.

I’m pretty sure that the turnstile flashes a different colour when a concession card or ticket is presented. That of course then relies on the steward being prepared to challenge anyone who uses a concession and is obviously not a child or a senior, which is a big ask of the young inexperienced stewards.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I’m pretty sure that the turnstile flashes a different colour when a concession card or ticket is presented. That of course then relies on the steward being prepared to challenge anyone who uses a concession and is obviously not a child or a senior, which is a big ask of the young inexperienced stewards.

And do you think the turnstile flashing a different colour is going to stop adults using concession tickets?

15 minutes ago, rigger said:

And do you think the turnstile flashing a different colour is going to stop adults using concession tickets?

I’m guessing not because That of course then relies on the steward being prepared to challenge anyone who uses a concession and is obviously not a child or a senior, which is a big ask of the young inexperienced stewards.”

• Like 3

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

And therein lies the problem. Young stewards will just not confront anybody who is deliberately using the wrong season ticket and in fairness I don't blame them. It needs a group of senior stewards manning several turnstiles randomly and rooting out the perpetrators.

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

And therein lies the problem. Young stewards will just not confront anybody who is deliberately using the wrong season ticket and in fairness I don't blame them. It needs a group of senior stewards manning several turnstiles randomly and rooting out the perpetrators.

That applies whether they are outside or inside once the different colour light has been revealed. By ten to three they had given up checking because the queues were that long so if you want to cheat the system the answer appears to be don't come early. As you say group of senior stewards monitoring who comes through the turnstile and the light colour totally removes the long queues.

• Like 1

My weekly rant about season tickets………. not only has our CEO reduced the club cash amount to a mere £15 & got rid of it for concessions, he has also scrapped the replenishing of it this season. It used to work out okay in the sense that you could spend a few quid on merchandise but at least you’d then earn a couple of quid off your next sale. 

I learned this having spent a small fortune on kits for my kids, and then when I went back for a 2nd visit hoping to get a couple of quid off, was told it’s been scrapped this season! 
This is penny pinching to the extreme! We are literally talking 5-10% I think it was & he’s got rid of it. It’s not even so much about the small saving; more feeling like you are at least a valued customer and getting a benefit from being a ST holder.

Some players are on £15k plus a week. Waggott himself is reportedly on £300k plus per annum. Yet taking a couple quid benefit away from hard working season ticket holders, who are spending what little cash they may have these days back into Rovers, is a necessary cost cutting measure?! 

I just think it’s a catalogue of Waggott’s general disdain to ST holders. Expensive ST prices, scrapping of replenishing club cash etc. Again if others feel the same, hopefully someone in the FF may wish to query this with him?

12 minutes ago, david brent said:

My weekly rant about season tickets………. not only has our CEO reduced the club cash amount to a mere £15 & got rid of it for concessions, he has also scrapped the replenishing of it this season. It used to work out okay in the sense that you could spend a few quid on merchandise but at least you’d then earn a couple of quid off your next sale. 

I learned this having spent a small fortune on kits for my kids, and then when I went back for a 2nd visit hoping to get a couple of quid off, was told it’s been scrapped this season! 
This is penny pinching to the extreme! We are literally talking 5-10% I think it was & he’s got rid of it. It’s not even so much about the small saving; more feeling like you are at least a valued customer and getting a benefit from being a ST holder.

Some players are on £15k plus a week. Waggott himself is reportedly on £300k plus per annum. Yet taking a couple quid benefit away from hard working season ticket holders, who are spending what little cash they may have these days back into Rovers, is a necessary cost cutting measure?! 

I just think it’s a catalogue of Waggott’s general disdain to ST holders. Expensive ST prices, scrapping of replenishing club cash etc. Again if others feel the same, hopefully someone in the FF may wish to query this with him?

He doesn't give a fuck about the fans. He wants your money and if you won't give it to him then you can fuck off.

The guy is a complete failure. Personally I wouldn't give him the steam off my piss.

• Like 1

Well not saying much but we had more home fans than both Blackpool (10,000) and Wigan (11000) last week, We had around 13000 when you take away fans out of the equation. I don't think Preston today will get that much more but Burnley fans are saying they have nearly sold out. 

We need to wait until the season settles down. The first home game of the season always has inflated walk ons. Though I’d be surprised if PNE only have  13,000 home fans on for their first home game considering they’ve sold 12k STs alone.

• Like 2

PNE had 15,800 on today, so 1,500 more than our gate against QPR. Possibly a few more Hull fans there, than there were QPR fans at Ewood. Not much in it then, despite their encouraging season ticket sales.

If we carry on the way we’ve started (early days, I know) our walk-ons will increase and I’ll wager we’ll finish with a higher average than them.

• Like 1