BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

3 minutes ago, neophox said:

Feyenoord wants JDT to replace Arne Sloot...

It really shows how much of a mood change there has been around the club when I say HANDS OFF. 

We need to make sure JDT is backed and he truly sees actionable steps being taken towards the vision which initially brought him too the club. 

He's an ambitious manager so will consider what is best for his career. On a side note it's refreshing that someone is looking to poach him as it shows the good work that is being done at Rovers. Progress and success will always bring external interest. I'd rather this than us just bumbling on as we did under Mowbray. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s bound to happen if he makes a silk purse out of the sow’s ear that was Rovers. We’ll need to have a successful end to the season first though.

Clearly it depends on who comes calling but if he can see things starting to work here surely he’d want to continue with the ‘project’

That being said, he’s now seen how poorly run we are and might just want any ‘escape route’

• Like 1

I think JDT made his mind up to move on after January's events. He was clearly annoyed at other staff for failing to do their jobs in the transfer window. He has changed agents. He appears to be visibly less happy than his previous self. Something has definitely changed, although you could also argue that these behaviours are normal.

I wonder if our recent improvements on the pitch, which I'd consider vast and noticeable, are motivated by his next potential move.

38 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’d forgotten Vardy was playing in the second half. I thought he’d been subbed off. 

He's clearly lost about 3 yards of pace.

There was a moment in the first half where he got one on one with Carter - in his heyday he'd have run Carter, but last night he had nothing for him. 

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

He's clearly lost about 3 yards of pace.

There was a moment in the first half where he got one on one with Carter - in his heyday he'd have run Carter, but last night he had nothing for him. 

Yep, he’s gone. Nothing is forever. He’ll be costing them a few quid also. M’learned friends bills don’t come cheap.

41 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I think JDT made his mind up to move on after January's events. He was clearly annoyed at other staff for failing to do their jobs in the transfer window. He has changed agents. He appears to be visibly less happy than his previous self. Something has definitely changed, although you could also argue that these behaviours are normal.

I wonder if our recent improvements on the pitch, which I'd consider vast and noticeable, are motivated by his next potential move.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding what you’re saying but why would he make changes that he knows would improve us only as part of a way of getting another job?(rather than what he should be doing anyway)

Edited by wilsdenrover
To close the brackets!
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, goozburger said:

What an odd thing to hypothesise, how would that affect it? Surely we’d be playing worse. While he was no doubt annoyed at the January window I haven’t noticed too much of a hangover from it in interviews. Maybe I’m just not looking hard enough, or you’re looking for something that isn’t there

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

What an odd thing to hypothesise, how would that affect it? Surely we’d be playing worse. While he was no doubt annoyed at the January window I haven’t noticed too much of a hangover from it in interviews. Maybe I’m just not looking hard enough, or you’re looking for something that isn’t there

His public persona is quite likely very different to what he's saying and thinking privately. He could have concluded after the January debacle that this isn't what he was sold when he joined the club, that it's being run in an amateurish way by a load of second raters. If he's come to that conclusion, he'll be off sooner than we think. This is all conjecture but if he does leave at the end of the season it's very easy to see possibly why

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

His public persona is quite likely very different to what he's saying and thinking privately. He could have concluded after the January debacle that this isn't what he was sold when he joined the club, that it's being run in an amateurish way by a load of second raters. If he's come to that conclusion, he'll be off sooner than we think. This is all conjecture but if he does leave at the end of the season it's very easy to see possibly why

That all perfectly possible - it’s the linking (not by you) it to our improvement in form that seems confusing (to me anyway!)

• Like 1

Just now, wilsdenrover said:

That all perfectly possible - it’s the linking (not by you) it to our improvement in form that seems confusing (to me anyway!)

In theory working for extremely rich owners may appear attractive. The reality is another thing entirely as we all know by now. If it was me personally, and putting my Rovers allegiance to one side,  I’d be off as soon as I could find something better.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

100% with you on this.

Although even some cursory research on our owners (even just a Google) should have had him questioning whether to take the job.

This is what confuses me: he will have done his research, known the owners are rich yet useless (other than funding the debt) so he must have been promised money to spend surely? There must have been the conversation! And we've let him down at the first hurdle. Regardless of O'Brien, he wanted a striker and we didn't get one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Groundhog said:

This is what confuses me: he will have done his research, known the owners are rich yet useless (other than funding the debt) so he must have been promised money to spend surely? There must have been the conversation! And we've let him down at the first hurdle. Regardless of O'Brien, he wanted a striker and we didn't get one. 

Having to chuck Vale on when Gally runs out of steam must be pissing him off.

• Like 3