BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

The question was not about if another club came in for JDT, but if JDT has the option of just quitting the Rovers.

Going to another club, yes, but can't see him quitting. When he was hired he knew it was a project that would rely on the Academy and not much for transfers. Don't think January fuck-up is enough for him to walk. I very much hope he stays and continues what he started. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, rigger said:

If JDT quit, we would still have him contracted,  so I assume he would not be able to go to any other club until that contract expires ? 

Don't know about the legal implications, I assume we wouldn't be required to pay up the remainder. Thankfully the matter appears to have been clarified anyway, no indication he is planning to go.

37 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

course he can,just like you or i could walk out of our jobs,we just would`nt get our salary for the last month or week

Even if he has signed a timed contract. Not many people have signed a timed contract for their jobs. I don't know about you, but certainly no comparrison to any job I have had.

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

A bit of common sense at last. No guarantee he stays, but he's not going to talk about next season at a heart-breaking finale to this season. JDT doesn't give much away at the best of times. It was a question that was always going to get a non-committal answer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Do Prem clubs approach managers who have finished 7th in the Championship ?

Fat Frank finished 6th and got the Chelsea gig !!!

Dean Smith finished 9th and got the Villa job.

Edited by Hasta

1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I think the sort of people who own Prem clubs these days are looking for something better than 7th in the Championship.

Ludicrous, and without context. You don't know how owners of Prem clubs, or people in football generally,  view JDT. He may be viewed as an up-and-coming manager with the ability to manage at the highest level, just like those luminaries such as Gary O'Neil, or indeed any of the dross that has been sacked by Prem clubs this season. 

5 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Ludicrous, and without context. You don't know how owners of Prem clubs, or people in football generally,  view JDT. He may be viewed as an up-and-coming manager with the ability to manage at the highest level, just like those luminaries such as Gary O'Neil, or indeed any of the dross that has been sacked by Prem clubs this season. 

Increasingly the owners take short term views and will judge on recent results.

Yes ! And I think what happened afterwards will be fresh in the minds of owners of Prem clubs.

He hadn’t cleverly built his reputation on sexy possession based football though.

2 of those are interim managers. Garcia had some record in the Prem as of course did Dyche.

You said it was based on recent results? Dyche didn't get sacked from Burnley because he was getting good results. 

Anyway, you've been given good examples by others of why your comment about Championship managers 'only' finishing 7th wouldn't get Prem jobs was a bit wide of the mark. To save you further embarrassment we'll leave it there.