BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

This roughly equates to the Mowbray "journey".

Keep the faith - it'll all come good at some unspecified point years into the future. When everyone eventually wakes up and smells the coffee and realise it hasn't worked it doesn't matter by then. I've stuffed my pockets full of cash and can sail off merrily into the sunset.

Blackburn who?

Yeah, that is how it feels. Wing it and hope has been the story of the last 13 years. There's no better example of that than the words of Venkatesh Rao in that "we are confused" interview.

When asked about the situation at Rovers at the time and how things could be improved, he said:

"We are good people. We have never done harm to anybody. We believe things will turn around for us".

10 years on...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeilInBristol said:

Thanks for that. What I don't get is their (GB and co) assumption that r rate xg etc = value of player going up. If a player doesn't score or the team keep losing what is the point of these values? To sell him with an addendum saying if he has good or better players around him he will score but just with us he can't score?

Honestly, I don't know how the R rate tallies with player value. I'm assuming the figures for xG, xA and whatever else, can be interpreted to show that player x creates y amount of quality chances, plays z amount of key balls etc.

My takeaway from the R rate quote is that it is a way to measure success. The better those metrics are the more the club is improving and players are developing. But like you said, if those figures are low, then what?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

I don’t see how that makes sense either!

The premise of Goodhart’s law is if a measure becomes a target you can manipulate things to ensure you meet it.

In these instances you’ve met the target but you’ve not necessarily achieved the success the measure was intended to help you achieve.

I hope that makes sense, I fear that it doesn’t!!

That makes more sense to me. Thanks for explaining.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, J*B said:

Championship player salaries. Death by 1,000 cuts, it’s all directly related back to the owners. 

IMG_4934.jpeg

I know it's down to the owners and I know Barry Bannan is on 90k a week at Sheff Weds but who else are they paying big money to to be 9tha Nd above Boro and Hull

50 minutes ago, J*B said:

Championship player salaries. Death by 1,000 cuts, it’s all directly related back to the owners. 

IMG_4934.jpeg

And if those figures are correct I'd love someone to explain how we are regularly among the biggest loss makers and continually under apparent threat from FFP.

Why aren't all those other clubs with similar incomes yet substantially higher wage bills under embargoes, e.g. Preston and why can almost all of them charge less for season tickets....

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Thinking about it in terms of salaries cant the rough numbers be derived from published accounts?

To validate what's on that list do any of our stattos have the most recent published salary numbers from our accounts? @canadarover?

Year ending 30/6/2022 = £24.3 million staff costs of which £21.3 million was salaries…

IMG_1424.thumb.jpeg.ac012fdad8f5b3def4883e7c8ac388af.jpeg

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

I don’t see how that makes sense either!

The premise of Goodhart’s law is if a measure becomes a target you can manipulate things to ensure you meet it.

In these instances you’ve met the target but you’ve not necessarily achieved the success the measure was intended to help you achieve.

I hope that makes sense, I fear that it doesn’t!!

Hitting the Target. Missing the point(s).

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Or that list isn't nonsense and the figures in the accounts have been massaged 

I think it’s likely the list is nonsense - I was just shared it on Twitter, it may well be bullshit! Would love to see an accurate one. 

• Like 1

Staff and players 1 July 21 to 30 June 22 senior team

Suhail Waggott Mowbray Venus Johnson Benson Sheron lowe

Kaminski Pears Stergiakis Eastham Hilton Dowling

Nyambe Pickering Johnson Ayala Davenport Armstrong Rothwell Gallagher Dolan JRC

Butterworth Wharton S Chapman Buckley BBD Dack Carter Lenihan Travis Magliore

Brennan Pike Garrett Vale McBride Sam Barnes Annesley saadi Pleavin Durrant Clarkson Poveda Van Heckle Khadra Edun Sam Burns Harry Leonard James Brown Zeefuick Hedges Markandy Giles Wharton A.

extended scholar contracts Cirino Harlock Gilsenan Baker Ferguson Lonsdale

That's 62 including the scholars nowhere near 75 as shown in accounts 

Edited by Rogerb
Missed lowe

2 hours ago, Rogerb said:

The numbers don't add up of people to me senior football players and management 75 ? The academy is listed separately. Yes we had a change of manager in 2022 but 75.

Good shout! Maybe something for the supporters trust to ask a question on?

I guess it may include all the fitness and coaching staff?

Edit - just saw the above, so thats not the answer. No idea where the 75 comes from?

Edited by joey_big_nose