BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

1 minute ago, rob_of_the_rovers said:

Wasn't the McGuire decision due today as well?

• JDT leaves and McGuire is allowed to sign
    OR
  • JDT leaves and McGuire denied by the EFL

Both are just plain mad when you think about it, so many questions regardless of the outcome

1 minute ago, Groundhog said:
  • JDT leaves and McGuire is allowed to sign
    OR
  • JDT leaves and McGuire denied by the EFL

Both are just plain mad when you think about it, so many questions regardless of the outcome

In the circumstances I wonder if McGuire is thinking about just getting back on a plane no matter the outcome. I guess Eustace may have reached out to him though to settle him down?

2 minutes ago, BG1492 said:

Doesn’t matter who comes in, nothing changes. Viscous crap circle.

Anyone willing to take the job under this lot I actually worry that they have a brain. Clubs a mess.

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 7

22 minutes ago, KentExile said:

I like this bit from the Athletic "Their well-drilled, defensive style has them closer to the play-offs than the relegation zone and the early success stories are growing."

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Northcote blues said:

I want Alex Neil.

A) more experienced than eustace

B) still lives in area

C) will wind up the nobbers 

No thanks, not good enough imo.

And I am really, really not bothered about reason C. I want what's best for Rovers, not what winds up our "rivals" more.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Hats off to EVERYONE who attended the meeting, you all had the same objective in mind, your love and care of BRFC.

Yes it's really upsetting seeing the grief they are all getting off certain fans on social - I see Roverschat have been accused of financially benefitting from it and had to put a tweet out to explain it, it's just sad. I get fans are divided, but what do you expect these lads to do? Best to have engage at some point than nothing at all, regardless of what the intention was.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Groundhog said:

Yes it's really upsetting seeing the grief they are all getting off certain fans on social - I see Roverschat have been accused of financially benefitting from it and had to put a tweet out to explain it, it's just sad. I get fans are divided, but what do you expect these lads to do? Best to have engage at some point than nothing at all, regardless of what the intention was.

Are these people defending the club and how are they suggesting Roverschat are benefitting financially?

Thanks in advance 👍

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

If it is John Eustace then his backroom staff will be interesting. Will be have to work with the current incumbents or can be bring his own team in. If he does presumably Lowe, Benson and Johnson will need paying up which the owners seemingly don't like doing.

https://www.bcfc.com/news/all/backroom-staff

JDT got to bring in hiss own assistant and fitness coach (who you would imagine will leave with JDT), so you would imagine whoever the new man is will have the same leeway

Some managers have a huge entourage though, including additional physios, data analysts etc (I imagine most who are happy to be a head coach don't have quite the same amount of guys to bring along with them)

Edited by KentExile

4 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

No thanks, not good enough imo.

And I am really, really not bothered about reason C. I want what's best for Rovers, not what winds up our "rivals" more.

Sure, point C was tongue in cheek.

But anyone who thinks Eustace is a better coach than Alex Neil is bonkers. 

Eustace didn’t even do that well at Birmingham, just because everyone thought the Rooney appointment was terrible, casuals jump on the bandwagon and think he was some messiah beforehand.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KentExile said:

JDT got to bring in hiss own assistant and fitness coach (who you would imagine will leave with JDT), so you would imagine whoever the new man is will have the same leeway 

The mysterious Remy Reijnierse... let's not forget he was assistant to Luhukay at Sheffield Wednesday, according to wiki: "sacked after a run of only 1 win and 7 defeats in 10 games with the team sitting 18th in the table"