BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

53 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

More Man City but football related. 

Haaland is getting a bit of stick after his performance yesterday; ESPN - Haaland helps City?

He was utterly woeful against Spurs. He got nowhere near the ball, and was on the periphery all game. 

He is an undoubted talent, but are teams figuring him out? The article points out that City have scored the same amount of goals at this stage of the season as they did last season, 53 but this round Haaland has scored almost half of their total goals. Stop him and stop City?

Stop tinkering and pissing your best players off Pep... 

11 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

More Man City but football related. 

Haaland is getting a bit of stick after his performance yesterday; ESPN - Haaland helps City?

He was utterly woeful against Spurs. He got nowhere near the ball, and was on the periphery all game. 

He is an undoubted talent, but are teams figuring him out? The article points out that City have scored the same amount of goals at this stage of the season as they did last season, 53 but this round Haaland has scored almost half of their total goals. Stop him and stop City?

I've said this from the start of the season that city never had problems scoring goals. They were blowing teams away 4 or 5 nil regularly. All haaland does is mean that other players don't score as much. 

Jamie carragher said something along the lines of city won't get the best out of haaland and haaland won't get the best out of city. 

That said when he's having a game that's going his way it phenomenal to watch 

1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

I've said this from the start of the season that city never had problems scoring goals. They were blowing teams away 4 or 5 nil regularly. All haaland does is mean that other players don't score as much. 

Jamie carragher said something along the lines of city won't get the best out of haaland and haaland won't get the best out of city. 

That said when he's having a game that's going his way it phenomenal to watch 

I wonder if part of the reason they bought him was to stop a rival from doing so

Edited by wilsdenrover

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don’t think so. They were crying out for a central striker last season and most City fans thought  he was “ the last piece of the jigsaw “.

I don’t think it was the only reason either but 99 goals in the league doesn’t sound like they were crying out for him  - or do you mean in regard to the Champions League?

Edited by wilsdenrover

1 minute ago, wilsdenrover said:

I don’t think it was the only reason either but 99 goals in the league doesn’t sound like they were crying out for him either - or do you mean in regard to the Champions League?

I think they wanted somebody who they could play a more direct game with if they needed to. When their usual intricate short passing isn’t working.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

I don’t think it was the only reason either but 99 goals in the league doesn’t sound like they were crying out for him  - or do you mean in regard to the Champions League?

The article surmises that they need him for tight Champs League games as he can grab a goal when other avenues are blocked. 

Whether it works only time will tell. 

City had one of the best around for getting a goal in Aguero but I'm sure Guardiola played him in midfield - or at least not in his favoured position - in a big European game a few years back. Aguero looked bewildered. 

• Like 2

The solution is simple. Kick out any club that signs up to this so they can't compete in any domestic league, their players are banned from international competition, and don't get any of the TV money. Call their bluff and isolate them. 

The authorities have been bending over and taking it from arrogant clubs and their greedy owners for too long and it is time to stand up to bullies.

• Like 5

I didn't think it would be long for this to rear its ugly head again

The CEOs, hedge funds, monarchies....the global elite - they are circling and they want paying

You can't help but think this will happen eventually. It is ultimately a power grab: to shift the money and power of European football outside of England and to Europe

This idea is incredibly lucrative. A truly European game would garner huge sums of revenue. Without doubt, if this idea comes into play, then over time the ESL would become the most competitive league in the world

And domestic football would have to respond by barring them from the national football league. Some clubs may take the approach of not being willing to leave, as due to the new ESL rule of not legislating permanent members, a relegation from the ESL may mean there is nowhere to go. There's no non league of Europe. And the domestic leagues will not want them.

Some may call that bluff and trust the ESL will not relegate them. The bottom division will be the bottom division. And the money will keep coming.

Either way, you can't help but feel the domestic leagues, fifa and UEFA have took their corner, and now the ESL has thought hard and decided to take its corner again.

The reason they say 60-80 members is that they may believe 60 is achievable and 80 is on the high-end. 4 leagues of football. The European Super Clubs will of course always remain in Div 1 (barring disaster) - and other Clubs may fancy their chances if the trickle down economics trickles just that bit more than it is now.

If this comes into play domestic football is dead and buried. Maybe not in our life times, but it will be the beginning.

Greed all around. Greed from the initial clubs in on the proposition and renewed Greed by the three clubs trying to relaunch it.

It's not surprising though. As there already is a European Super League and those clubs aren't in it. The super league is the Premier League. Its not justifying the relaunch but its understandable as these so called 'super clubs' are struggling to compete. 

The Chelsea spending spree was exceptional but they ended up spending more than Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A and Ligue 1 combined. Premier League clubs will speak out in faux outrage and act as though they've learnt their lessons, that they support the wishes of the everyday fan but its all bullshit. They are already where the money is and its a closed shop.

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead
4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The PL is the richest league and that what those 3 clubs hate about football. 

Also this reason that SSN reporter says 

This would make them even richer.

If the money is right, they’ll go. This idea isn’t dead.

Leeds have been turned down by three different people for their head coach role. Carlos Corberan, Andoni Iraola and Arne Slot all have turned down the role. Will be interesting to say where they go next. I wouldn't have sacked Marsch either. 

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

This would make them even richer.

If the money is right, they’ll go. This idea isn’t dead.

You didn't watch the video in which its states that the PL division's 2022-23 owners' charter, designed to avert any future breakaway threat and signed by all 20 teams, reads: "We are collectively committed to the Premier League and recognise our responsibility to support it. We will not engage in the creation of new competition formats outside of the Premier League's rules."

Also taking into the new legislation that will be coming from the Government white paper on football which will also stop teams leaving our leagues. 

Also I think its a major reason why Manchester United and Liverpool are up for sale currently. The only teams who want this is teams from Spanish and Italian leagues cos they are being left behind in terms of TV revenue and income based. They are jealous of the PL TV deal around the world. Bayern Munich are against it. La Liga president has spoken out against this Euro Super League

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Leeds have been turned down by three different people for their head coach role. Carlos Corberan, Andoni Iraola and Arne Slot all have turned down the role. Will be interesting to say where they go next. I wouldn't have sacked Marsch either. 

You didn't watch the video in which its states that the PL division's 2022-23 owners' charter, designed to avert any future breakaway threat and signed by all 20 teams, reads: "We are collectively committed to the Premier League and recognise our responsibility to support it. We will not engage in the creation of new competition formats outside of the Premier League's rules."

Also taking into the new legislation that will be coming from the Government white paper on football which will also stop teams leaving our leagues. 

Also I think its a major reason why Manchester United and Liverpool are up for sale currently. The only teams who want this is teams from Spanish and Italian leagues cos they are being left behind in terms of TV revenue and income based. They are jealous of the PL TV deal around the world. Bayern Munich are against it. La Liga president has spoken out against this Euro Super League

His last 7 games yielding 0 wins, 3 draws and 4 losses. Regardless of the subsequent search, how anyone can justify him staying on is beyond me.

You seem to just be against sacking managers regardless of results, case in point at Everton where they have already improved.

You are also naive about the Premier League clubs if something comes up that it is better for them financially. 

• Moderation Lead
4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don’t need to watch a video, money talks. They’ll all find ways to get out of their obligations via legal loopholes paid for by legal teams we could only dream of affording. It’s just reality, people often say one thing and mean another.

• Like 1