BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

1 hour ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Chelsea have enough players in their first team squad to field 3 teams. It matters not which 11 steps onto the pitch. All 30 odd of them are shorn of confidence, and they are working with a temporary manager who's not up to it.

They've lost 6 in a row. It's Bournemouth away next who have won 5 of 7. I'm sure the betting odds will favour a home win.

Lampard should never be given another Premier League job, and at this juncture I'd be hard pressed to advocate for him at League One level. 

Starting Aubameyang was baffling. Maybe he thought that because Arteta bombed him out he'd go out and show what he can do. Wishful thinking. It also showed that Arteta, a good manager, did right by getting rid of him.

Chelsea's owners have their own set of problems, but they have enough cash to fix it, if they listen to the right people.

Speaking of Aubameyang, he managed just 9 touches in that half before being subbed. 4 of those were kick offs.

20230503_000020.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Chelsea picked the wrong front 3 tonight. Should have picked Havertz, Felix and Mudryk instead. Aubameyang isn't good enough for PL level. did nothing all night apart from take the kick offs. 

Chelsea need to sort out quickly who they want as their next head coach and announced it. Might just settle everything down. 

How does your opinion on Lampard stand having been such a keen advocat of his appointment? What next for him, still a Premier League move?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Chelsea have enough players in their first team squad to field 3 teams. It matters not which 11 steps onto the pitch. All 30 odd of them are shorn of confidence, and they are working with a temporary manager who's not up to it.

They've lost 6 in a row. It's Bournemouth away next who have won 5 of 7. I'm sure the betting odds will favour a home win.

Lampard should never be given another Premier League job, and at this juncture I'd be hard pressed to advocate for him at League One level. 

Starting Aubameyang was baffling. Maybe he thought that because Arteta bombed him out he'd go out and show what he can do. Wishful thinking. It also showed that Arteta, a good manager, did right by getting rid of him.

Chelsea's owners have their own set of problems, but they have enough cash to fix it, if they listen to the right people.

Massive squad. Alot of work in summer for them sort us for new manager and sporting directors plus a new keeper and striker signing. Good luck to them

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

How does your opinion on Lampard stand having been such a keen advocat of his appointment? What next for him, still a Premier League move?

He wreck his management career now. TV pundit and England/Chelsea ambassador. 

He's not to blame for Chelsea mess but club need direction and sensible approach/management from the summer onwards 

Edited by chaddyrovers

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Massive squad. Alot of work in summer for them sort us for new manager and sporting directors plus a new keeper and striker signing. Good luck to them

He wreck his management career now. TV pundit and England/Chelsea ambassador. 

He's not to blame for Chelsea mess but club need direction and sensible approach/management from the summer onwards 

Good luck to them?! Do you have a desire specifically for Chelsea to push on? Funny watching them toil.

Would agree with that, I think they were perhaps hasty to sack Tuchel who unlike what has followed IS a top class manager. I get that Lampard inherited Chelsea not at the top but he has actually made them worse, and seems to pick his teams and systems out of a hat. 6 losses from 6 is laughable. Stick to punditry, you are not cut out to be a manager and have failed at 4 clubs now!

Sure I read that the real reason Bohely sacked Tuchel was because he wouldn’t let him bring a load of his VIP guests into the dressing room at half time… he was sacked a couple of days later.

Might be bollocks, but wouldn’t surprise you with that fella.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Sure I read that the real reason Bohely sacked Tuchel was because he wouldn’t let him bring a load of his VIP guests into the dressing room at half time… he was sacked a couple of days later.

Might be bollocks, but wouldn’t surprise you with that fella.

They would have been better off putting the jerseys on the vips last night 🤣

Edited by Blow-in

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

"I could have done with more time, but we've got four games and hopefully I can keep this fabulous club in the Premier League."

Big Sam getting his excuses in early! It's a ridiculous situation though. Tough remaining fixtures:-

image.png.de0d3a31c08ff11577d186fe71536ef1.png

I wonder what he’s ‘earning’ for these four matches 

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

"I could have done with more time, but we've got four games and hopefully I can keep this fabulous club in the Premier League."

Big Sam getting his excuses in early! It's a ridiculous situation though. Tough remaining fixtures:-

image.png.de0d3a31c08ff11577d186fe71536ef1.png

I'd say City will be a pasting. Might get a draw against Newcastle, they do slip up every so often. West Ham is winnable and so is Spurs but in reality they're probably looking at 1 or 2 draw's and 1 win from that set of fixtures. Would 4 or 5 points be enough for them?

Just now, davulsukur said:

I'd say City will be a pasting. Might get a draw against Newcastle, they do slip up every so often. West Ham is winnable and so is Spurs but in reality they're probably looking at 1 or 2 draw's and 1 win from that set of fixtures. Would 4 or 5 points be enough for them?

With Plymouth getting promoted I think they'll be Marching On To Devon next season. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

Allardyce will target the home games as wins, using whatever means necessary to grind out the three points, and any away points will be a bonus. 

Will be interesting to see if he can implement his methods successfully in such a short amount of time. He had longer at WBA and didn't get there, so his aura of invincibility has faded a little. 

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

I had a look at some prior season's final tables. 35 looks like it will be enough. Over the last 10 years only 3 teams have been relegated with 35 or more; Newcastle had 37, Wigan, 36, and Hull 35, with Newcastle's being the most recent in 2016.

I said last week that Chelsea's win again Leicester in March has saved them from being involved. I doubt that they'll win another game but 39 points is enough. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RoverDom said:

Win win for Big Sam. If they go down he had 4 games, one against city and the other against newcastle what more could he have done? If he keeps them up then he restores a little bit of shine he lost at WBA 

Every list of clubs he’s managed at that I’ve seen manage not to mention Rovers.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

53 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Every list of clubs he’s managed at that I’ve seen manage not to mention Rovers.

He’s a total has been, goes anywhere for the money. I used to respect him but not nowadays. I also hate Leeds where every time I went with the Rovers I was spit upon from their gobshite fans. Can’t wait for them to be relegated the odious bar stewards.

5 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

He’s a total has been, goes anywhere for the money. I used to respect him but not nowadays. I also hate Leeds where every time I went with the Rovers I was spit upon from their gobshite fans. Can’t wait for them to be relegated the odious bar stewards.

£3 million for a months work? Who wouldn’t…

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

£3 million for a months work? Who wouldn’t…

You have a fair point, it’s the clubs fault at the end of the day. Of course he has nothing to loose. The Leeds faithful will be moaning about hoof ball, but only if they don’t survive.