BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

The last 30 years of football, Football has modernised in terms of Different days of the week, kick offs and tv coverage which is great for football fans who want watch plenty of football each week

Not to repeatedly show one team consistently to repeatedly inconvenience match going fans. Surely even you think this is too much.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The last 30 years of football, Football has modernised in terms of Different days of the week, kick offs and tv coverage which is great for football fans who want watch plenty of football each week

Great for those (primarily neutrals) sat on their sofa, shite for those (primarily actual fans) who actually wish to attend in person.

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not to repeatedly show one team consistently to repeatedly inconvenience match going fans. Surely even you think this is too much.

It doesn't bother me as over the last 30 years Rovers have played a variety of different days and kick off time

I’ll be in Sheffield with work till 5pm Monday. That means I’ve got to get back, drop some colleagues off in Chorley, call in my mums, go home, grab something to eat then get to Ewood. Like most midweek games for me it’s a ball ache.

I accept a number of midweek games each season but moving games from the weekend to Friday and Monday is just annoying. I get it’s not the clubs fault, but still I’ll probably end up missing a game Monday which I’ve paid for by a season ticket because they’ve moved it midweek.

Edited by Hasta

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But it shouldn't be basically every bloody week! As long as it doesn't bother you though...

But it isn't every week there tho. 

I have accept that Football is a 7 days a week sport with various kick off times as it as been for the last 30 years and the entire time I have supported Blackburn Rovers. 

6 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Have you ever considered it may affect other people?

This is my account so I am talking from my point of view. Given that Football in the last 30 years has modernised and become a 7 days a week sport with various kick off.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I’ll be in Sheffield with work till 5pm tomorrow. That means I’ve got to get back, drop some colleagues off in Chorley, call in my mums, go home, grab something to eat then get to Ewood. Like most midweek games for me it’s a ball ache.

I accept a number of midweek games each season but moving games from the weekend to Friday and Monday is just annoying. I get it’s not the clubs fault, but still I’ll probably end up missing a game Monday which I’ve paid for by a season ticket because they’ve moved it midweek.

That should give you plenty of time, 24 hours in fact before the match starts. Maybe you can do some litter picking whilst you're waiting.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But it isn't every week there tho. 

I have accept that Football is a 7 days a week sport with various kick off times as it as been for the last 30 years and the entire time I have supported Blackburn Rovers. 

This is my account so I am talking from my point of view. Given that Football in the last 30 years has modernised and become a 7 days a week sport with various kick off.

I have never said that no games should be moved, but there should be limits. The below post from Mattyblue highlights how much of a joke the situation is:

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

On the Sky issue, since Huddersfield on the 5th November, we’ll have had just one Saturday 3pm home league game until we play Hull on the 15th April.

47 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

That should give you plenty of time, 24 hours in fact before the match starts. Maybe you can do some litter picking whilst you're waiting.

You’d be surprised how much time some people need when they’ve got quite a few jobs to complete and a strict deadline to hit. 😉

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I have never said that no games should be moved, but there should be limits. The below post from Mattyblue highlights how much of a joke the situation is:

Some games won't be 3pm on Saturday cos of Easter holidays or Christmas period plus Blackpool home league game being moved for FA cup home game at 3pm Saturday against Birmingham. 

Since I have been following Rovers for the last 31 years, Football has modernised and has become 7 days a week sport with various kick off times That is modern day football now. 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Some games won't be 3pm on Saturday cos of Easter holidays or Christmas period plus Blackpool home league game being moved for FA cup home game at 3pm Saturday against Birmingham. 

Since I have been following Rovers for the last 31 years, Football has modernised and has become 7 days a week sport with various kick off times That is modern day football now. 

1 in 5 months is an absolute shambles. I know its modern football but the fact that one team can be moved so often needs to change. Match going fans first, not armchair fans.

• Like 6

I'm sure people would have the same attitude that @chaddyrovershas if it suited them and not him. Can't really give him any grief because he said the games moving don't bother him in fairness. Annoying their is so many changed but not really worth bickering about, it's the same for most teams. Premier league has games every day of the week now, Thursday games becoming more and more regular. Certain times will always be inconvenient to some people.

To be fair it isn’t normal for a team 8th in the second division to have one Saturday 3pm game in five months.

It is what it is as Sky call the tune. However, those expensive STs become even less enticing when we go half a season with hardly a traditional KO…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, BigBar said:

I'm sure people would have the same attitude that @chaddyrovershas if it suited them and not him. Can't really give him any grief because he said the games moving don't bother him in fairness.

Not really. I'd hope people would be able to see beyond their own circumstances and have empathy for those who can only make 3pm Saturday kick-offs. My mate's disabled friend is one, because his carer can only take him then. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

To be fair it isn’t normal for a team 8th in the second division to have one Saturday 3pm game in five months.

It is what it is as Sky call the tune. However, those expensive STs become even less enticing when we go half a season without a traditional KO…

And that's the rub. Waggott can't moan about ST sales when people don't know when the games will be, especially if they can't get to night games.

One Sat 3pm game in 5 months is ludicrous. 

16 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

1 in 5 months is an absolute shambles. I know its modern football but the fact that one team can be moved so often needs to change. Match going fans first, not armchair fans.

But some of those home games have been on Bank Holiday like New Year day game or Easter time. The Blackpool game which was schedule for 3pm kick off but moved for the FA cup game. So if you want a cup runs then some 3pm kick games will be moved also. 

38 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Not really. I'd hope people would be able to see beyond their own circumstances and have empathy for those who can only make 3pm Saturday kick-offs. My mate's disabled friend is one, because his carer can only take him then. 

I have plenty of empathy for people in that situation but you also need to accept that I am posting my opinions and view point since its my account. 

34 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

And that's the rub. Waggott can't moan about ST sales when people don't know when the games will be, especially if they can't get to night games.

One Sat 3pm game in 5 months is ludicrous. 

The problem is Football has become a 7 days a week with various kick off time over the last 30 years but people haven't moved on with the times or accept this is how Football is at PL or Championship level now

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But some of those home games have been on Bank Holiday like New Year day game or Easter time. The Blackpool game which was schedule for 3pm kick off but moved for the FA cup game. So if you want a cup runs then some 3pm kick games will be moved also. 

I have plenty of empathy for people in that situation but you also need to accept that I am posting my opinions and view point since its my account. 

The problem is Football has become a 7 days a week with various kick off time over the last 30 years but people haven't moved on with the times or accept this is how Football is at PL or Championship level now

There may be a couple of/ af few ocassions within that timeframe whereby it

The majority of scheduled weekend games should be Saturday at 3pm. I have never once said that TV shouldnt show games. I have long since called for a limit to how many games that can be moved within a certain timeframe. No more than 2 games every 6 weeks perhaps? Thats along the lines of my solution that you regularly dismiss with the "its been like this for 30 years" line.

We are 8th now, we are boring to watch, why do they keep putting us on against similarly boring teams like Wigan, Cardiff and Rotherham anyway?

Purely because we were 3rd/4th when they were choosing games, Sky don’t obviously look any deeper at it than that. 

You are best making a late surge for promotion, that way only your games in the run in would be picked… alas we like to do it the opposite way round, an anti-surge from the top end to mid table!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

There may be a couple of/ at few ocassions within that timeframe whereby it

No maybe about it

The majority of scheduled weekend games should be Saturday at 3pm. I have never once said that TV shouldnt show games. I have long since called for a limit to how many games that can be moved within a certain timeframe. No more than 2 games every 6 weeks perhaps? Thats along the lines of my solution that you regularly dismiss with the "its been like this for 30 years" line.

Your suggestion is fair one when you look at your point of view of TV games. 

We are 8th now, we are boring to watch, why do they keep putting us on against similarly boring teams like Wigan, Cardiff and Rotherham anyway?

It depends if you think we are boring to watch or not. But if Warnock or McCarthy in charge and we were in similar position you and plenty of others would be saying its a results based game not about entertainment. 

Those Wigan, Cardiff and Rotherham games were schedule when we were 3rd and also we could be third again if we win our 2 games in hand on some teams. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

No maybe about it

Your suggestion is fair one when you look at your point of view of TV games. 

It depends if you think we are boring to watch or not. But if Warnock or McCarthy in charge and we were in similar position you and plenty of others would be saying its a results based game not about entertainment. 

Those Wigan, Cardiff and Rotherham games were schedule when we were 3rd and also we could be third again if we win our 2 games in hand on some teams. 

It was may be, not maybe.

The point of entertainment was meant towards neutrals watching us by putting it on TV. I know as a supporter that it is about results, I was bored rigid after that Cardiff game but was still happy. I don't agree with your point that people would have a different perception if it was an older British manager, see how Allardyce was treated, but that is a totally separate argument.

I am not calling for no televised games, just a limit per club to think of match going fans ie the most important.