BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

QPR have collapsed since Beale went to Rangers. Dropping like a stone. Haven't won at home in about 4 months and no wins in 10 or something.

Critchley will be under big pressure there soon.

I dread our game there in a couple of weeks because it will either be last chance saloon and turning point for them or they'll make a change right before the game and will be well up for it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

QPR have collapsed since Beale went to Rangers. Dropping like a stone. Haven't won at home in about 4 months and no wins in 10 or something.

Critchley will be under big pressure there soon.

I dread our game there in a couple of weeks because it will either be last chance saloon and turning point for them or they'll make a change right before the game and will be well up for it. 

Now one down at home to Sunderland. 

Surely the Mowbray death spiral ought to be kicking in about now? No sign of it yet though.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, superniko said:

Not looking good so far tonight. With likely defeat tomorrow we’ll drop to 10th, and I doubt we‘ll be climbing any higher than that for the rest of the season. 

Relax! We already know the sooper compoota has spoken and we are pronounced dead at 12th at the end of the season already.

2 minutes ago, superniko said:

The lads in the north east are very happy tonight. 
It does seem surreal watching a Mowbray team go on a decent run in January/February rather than complete collapse. 

I’ll admit, I do miss at least having the odd entertaining game

D470FA8E-543E-4401-8DE0-8A56FDE3617D.jpeg

B347E076-CBFE-434E-8903-75392F9A40E8.jpeg

375B8FE0-A093-4E75-9FE9-48E659261AEA.jpeg

1E70CFE0-0725-41ED-859C-FA872688FDB0.jpeg

Tony will get giddy and think he's Pep at some point. We've been there so many times.

• Like 4

Just now, booth said:

Tony will get giddy and think he's Pep at some point. We've been there so many times.

There was one comment about him ‘looking sick on the bench’. Probably thinking, shit we’re getting a bit close for comfort to the playoffs here. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, M_B said:

Time for the club as a whole to wake up and smell the coffee, could be our best chance for the foreseeable. 

That time has been and gone. The owners and their henchmen made their intentions perfectly clear, and now they are attempting to make out that it is all down to administrative issues or boxes not being ticked.

As for Mowbray I do find it interesting. He inherits an upwardly mobile club bouncing after promotion last year, has them in the top 6 for 5 minutes and people are gushing over his credentials. Meanwhile JDT has had us in the top 6 ALL season after inheriting a shambles from Mowbray and seems to be getting stick from multiple angles. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

That time has been and gone. The owners and their henchmen made their intentions perfectly clear, and now they are attempting to make out that it is all down to administrative issues or boxes not being ticked.

As for Mowbray I do find it interesting. He inherits an upwardly mobile club bouncing after promotion last year, has them in the top 6 for 5 minutes and people are gushing over his credentials. Meanwhile JDT has had us in the top 6 ALL season after inheriting a shambles from Mowbray and seems to be getting stick from multiple angles. 

Any manager, or DoF, appointed under the Venky reign suffers from their legacy.

The current ones do, Mowbray did and those before him too.

It's not really fair, it's just the way it is.

However its patently obvious that this line of reasoning comes from just a part of the fan base, and due to fan base attrition under Venkys there are just as many if not more who think JDT and GB are the second coming.

Hells bells there are some who dote on Waggott.

I was surprised to learn that we had only lost 1 in 8. It seems since the break our 'up and down' form has levelled out into more consistency, meaning less wins but less defeats.

Although the football hasn't been thrilling, and goals have been hard to come by, we have had some creditable results of late. Draws at Watford and Bristol City not to be sniffed at. Wins at Norwich hard to come by. Clean sheets at home v Wigan and Cardiff.

It's frustrating because the draws are now flowing but this means we slip down the table. If we were following the early season trajectory we'd have lost at Watford but beat Wigan and have more points to take from it. 

Clearly the goal element is the problem. Shame there was no backing for the manager and team by bringing someone in on that front. One or two astute additions up that end could have made the world of difference.

• Like 3