BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

1 hour ago, M_B said:

Can't see the Championship being this poor again for quite some time. 

Time for the club as a whole to wake up and smell the coffee, could be our best chance for the foreseeable. 

We literally say that every year.

If you have an organised team in this league you'll always be there or there abouts. The number of games means it's an absolute grind, so you need depth (or to be incredibly lucky with injuries) and that extra bit of quality always puts you over the top. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

That time has been and gone. The owners and their henchmen made their intentions perfectly clear, and now they are attempting to make out that it is all down to administrative issues or boxes not being ticked.

As for Mowbray I do find it interesting. He inherits an upwardly mobile club bouncing after promotion last year, has them in the top 6 for 5 minutes and people are gushing over his credentials. Meanwhile JDT has had us in the top 6 ALL season after inheriting a shambles from Mowbray and seems to be getting stick from multiple angles. 

To get a promoted team (one who were in League 1 far longer than us) into the top 6 is a very rare achievement to be fair, they only went up through the play offs and hardly went on a summer spending spree, the squad is padded with loans. Surely a manager would rather take over a club that finished 8th in the Championship.

Im glad hes gone and im sure he wont finish in the top 6 but he has done a good job at Sunderland and deserves praise. He isnt the terrible manager he was portrayed as after the way we tailed off. Hes a good manager at this level but certainly has his limits.

Tomasson is a strange case. It is about league position but you would be hard pushed to come up with much to suggest that our recent form is a blip that we will bounce back from, but lets hope we do.

8 hours ago, booth said:

Threw it away in January.

There were many performances between August and December especially away from home  , where we just didn't turn up at all...We won the 1st 3 games , take the 9 points away and we would be in the poo...

Edited by Waggy76

2 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

There were many performances between August and December especially away from home  , where we just didn't turn up at all...We won the 1st 3 games , take the 9 points away and we would be in the poo...

That’s why we needed players in January.

If we take the 9 points away, do we take the same amount from other teams? Apart from the top two, I imagine they would be in the same poo.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, booth said:

That’s why we needed players in January.

If we take the 9 points away, do we take the same amount from other teams? Apart from the top two, I imagine they would be in the same poo.

It's weird how some posters are so dead set against a manager / Director of Football that they start adding stipulations to feed their dislike.

"Well if you take away all of Brereton-Diaz's goals / those 3 wins" etc.

Makes me chuckle.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's weird how some posters are so dead set against a manager / Director of Football that they start adding stipulations to feed their dislike.

"Well if you take away all of Brereton-Diaz's goals / those 3 wins" etc.

Makes me chuckle.

It's like the "we were better under Mowbray" brigade. Mowbray had far more cash thrown at him and had five full years to impose his ideas on the team. I'm not sure how you can compare the two at the moment.

I have issues with Tomasson sometimes and have been frustrated watching Rovers this season, but I'm not going to attribute hypothetical situations or things out of his control just to back my views up.

I'm willing to give the guy a chance considering the injuries, lack of backing, squad and player quality. Maybe I'm more lenient because I fully expected a mid to lower table finish with the squad we started with, and how the second half of last season went.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, JHRover said:

QPR have collapsed since Beale went to Rangers. Dropping like a stone. Haven't won at home in about 4 months and no wins in 10 or something.

Critchley will be under big pressure there soon.

I dread our game there in a couple of weeks because it will either be last chance saloon and turning point for them or they'll make a change right before the game and will be well up for it. 

Apparently QPR have sacked Critchley now. Surprised how poor he has done there. Lets see if they have replacement line up there. Wouldn't surprised me if they went for QPR favourite Shaun Derry 

19 hours ago, JHRover said:

Reading looking like dark horses for relegation too. Always a question of when, not if, with Ince running things there.

12 points clear of the relegation there. 

I think its will be between these 6 teams. Those being Huddersfield, Blackpool, Cardiff, Wigan, Stoke and Rotherham. 

41 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Apparently QPR have sacked Critchley now. Surprised how poor he has done there. Lets see if they have replacement line up there. Wouldn't surprised me if they went for QPR favourite Shaun Derry 

12 points clear of the relegation there. 

I think its will be between these 6 teams. Those being Huddersfield, Blackpool, Cardiff, Wigan, Stoke and Rotherham. 

I wonder if any clubs in the league have lost to as many of that group as we have, 4?

Typical Rovers!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

The top one is a done deal, unfortunately, but if Boro keep going then second place could get interesting. It's still Sheff Utd's to lose though, I think.

Would take a monumental c**k up on our part now.

Sheff Utd have a game in hand so it’s likely they will need to lose 4 more than Boro - or go on a run of draws. Not impossible but the ‘supercomputer’ has them @ 80% to be promoted. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, superniko said:

5 of our next 7 at home (if Burnley stays where it is).

Weirdly only played 14 home vs 17 away so far this season. 

Yet Coventry who played 6/7 fixtures away at the start of the season have now played 17 at home

23 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

you don`t need a big budget to get in the play offs,millwall are extremely well organised and score goals as well

Rowett is also a good Championship manager and been in the job for two and a half years.

Finished 8th the season he was appointed and 11th last year. I remember some on here giving him grief saying he wasn't all that, if he'd been Rovers manager some fans would have calling for his head.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

you don`t need a big budget to get in the play offs,millwall are extremely well organised and score goals as well

And they play high intensity football which is partly crowd driven. It's amazing the benefits of working harder and playing quicker than your opponent can bring. One of my main criticisms of Rovers this season is that far too often our play is sedate, far too easy to play against.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Like 3-2 at home v. Sheffield Un-tied this lunchtime. Which adds to the pressure on the team 8th in the Championship table to keep close to the teams ahead of them.

And it's t's a bit of a beggar, so whisper it; but the Dingles could do us a favour by winning at Luton this afternoon.