BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

2 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

Looks like all the results tonight are going against us (I'm not fussed about Boro as I can't see us finishing above them).

It's mad how we've had 1 defeat since mid January and as it stands are in 6th with only a 2 point buffer. The form of the teams chasing the playoffs is frightening. 

We should never be in a position where we need other results to go in our favour.

No-show performances costing us dearly now

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Yea I get that but wasn’t sure if they were loans to buy. Smallbone, Pearson, hoever and Laurent are all excellent champ midfielders 

Hoever will go back to Wolves. Pearson and Smallbone will go to PL club in the summer. 

So then another rebuilding job there

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

Mark Robbins is definitely a future rovers manager if jdt leaves. How he keeps getting the best out these Coventry players is unbelievable 

JDT, Rowett and Edwards doing a better job then him. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hoever will go back to Wolves. Pearson and Smallbone will go to PL club in the summer. 

Didn't say jdt wasnt

Just now, Upside Down said:

We should never be in a position where we need other results to go in our favour.

I agree that internally the club should just be focused on our own performances, taking it one game at a time, but our squad is not streets ahead of those around us. Millwall and Luton maybe punching, but the gap in quality between us Norwich, Coventry and a good few others in the league is minimal. 

Focus on ourselves, yes. But we're not going to win every game. We don't have the quality. As a fan, it means I'll always be keeping my eye on other results.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

It's almost like we've got a weak squad that isn't going to be firing on all cylinders every match. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

5 of Stokes starting line up tonight are there on loan. Including 2 of the midfielders Pearson and Smallbone. 

I do agree though, I'm rather envious of a couple of their players right now. There's a couple of them who would have added a lot to our promotion push.

They're building nothing by having 5 loan players (don't they have 7 in total?).

I'm delighted to see the back of those days. 

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's almost like we've got a weak squad that isn't going to be firing on all cylinders every match. 

There's a difference be tween not being 100% and not turning up at all.

We should have picked up at least 6 points from those games where no one could be arsed.

Getting pumped by the likes of Preston and Rotherham is not good enough.

• Like 1

Good old Grant Hanley scoring an og to see Norwich drop a further 2 points.

Shame Bristol city couldn't do owt and Sunderland couldnt get at least a point.

However more dropped points for wba so building a buffer

Edited by BRFC4EVA
  • Like 4

On 14/03/2023 at 23:18, chaddyrovers said:

Mate at work is a Stokie  he reckons all 3 will be signed as their FFP has been reset. They'll be bang up there next year.

9 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Mowbray's rant last night is a classic ! Has he pressed Sunderland's self destruct button as he faces the wrath of the home fans?

I missed that, tell me more. Was it about the offside winner or being unable to compete with global giants like Sheffield United?

• Like 1

On 15/03/2023 at 22:11, BRFC4EVA said:

Good old Grant Hanley scoring an og to see Norwich drop a further 2 points.

Shame Bristol city couldn't do owt and Sunderland couldnt get at least a point.

However more dropped points for wba so building a buffer

Starting last weekend, I started a little "Predictions" chart for the last 11 games for every team from 2nd-9th in the table.

Looking at it, I've become aware of an unconscious bias I must have against Luton Town, who've already got 4 points than I expected - or wanted - them to! But, to an extent, that's compensated for by Delia's Boys, who I thought would have won their last two games.

We could really do with some big League wins before the end of the season to boost our goal difference. Don't think it will be crucial; certainly hope it won't be!

14 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

Starting last weekend, I started a little "Predictions" chart for the last 11 games for every team from 2nd-9th in the table.

Looking at it, I've become aware of an unconscious bias I must have against Luton Town, who've already got 4 points than I expected - or wanted - them to! But, to an extent, that's compensated for by Delia's Boys, who I thought would have won their last two games.

We could really do with some big League wins before the end of the season to boost our goal difference. Don't think it will be crucial; certainly hope it won't be!

Copied from the "Championship - 22-23 thread" where I posted it in error.

My Predictions for us were:

Stoke City (A) D

Reading (H) W

Birmingham City (A) D

Norwich City (H) W

Huddersfield Town (A) W

Hull City (H) W

Coventry City (H) D

P. N.E. (A) L

YOU-KNOW-WHO (H) D

Luton Town (H) W

Millwall (A) D

We're - obviously - already two points down on where I hoped we'd be. Coincidentally, Luton Town, who I must subconsciously hate, have already got 4 points more than I tipped (wanted?!) them to have. And Millwall have 2 points more than I tipped

6 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

Stoke City (A) D

Reading (H) W

Birmingham City (A) D

Norwich City (H) W

Huddersfield Town (A) W

Hull City (H) W

Coventry City (H) D

P. N.E. (A) L

YOU-KNOW-WHO (H) D

Luton Town (H) W

Millwall (A) D

We're - obviously - already two points down on where I hoped we'd be. Coincidentally, Luton Town, who I must subconsciously hate, have already got 4 points more than I tipped (wanted?!) them to have. And Millwall have 2 points more than I tipped

That would get you to 77 points with 16/27 points gained from the last 9 games ....

If you're broadly correct, then one of Norwich, WBA, Watford, Coventry or PNE would have to win 7 or 8 of their remaining 8 games to catch or equal your total ... I think you should be OK, although I think Huddersfield will be battling hard to avoid relegation, and the Hull and Luton games are far from foregone conclusions 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

Sorry; I've only just noticed there's a "Predictions" thread. I've tried - but failed miserably! - to cut & paste my earlier post there, where it's more relevant!

12 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

Stoke City (A) D

Reading (H) W

Birmingham City (A) D

Norwich City (H) W

Huddersfield Town (A) W

Hull City (H) W

Coventry City (H) D

Preston North End (A) L

Our neighbours the far side of Accrington (H) D

Luton Town (H) W

Millwall (A) D

14 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

So, please can someone more competent at cutting & pasting and who isn't on here  at silly o'clock of the morning, please remove this and post it on the 'Predictions' Thread?

10 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

That would get you to 77 points with 16/27 points gained from the last 9 games ....

If you're broadly correct, then one of Norwich, WBA, Watford, Coventry or PNE would have to win 7 or 8 of their remaining 8 games to catch or equal your total ... I think you should be OK, although I think Huddersfield will be battling hard to avoid relegation, and the Hull and Luton games are far from foregone conclusions 

And Millwall - (A) on the last day of the season ‐ will be a well-earned point, methinks, @sympatheticclaret.

14 hours ago, R0verb0y said:

A Delia fan but not an Eric Morecombe fan maybe…

12 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

A Delia fan but not an Eric Morecombe fan maybe…

Loved Eric; hated Luton, that's for sure!

Going back to the days when they were 'pioneers' of artificial pitches - "Take it or leave it." And of banning away fans.

Some - well, one, at least of us - got round that with the adult son of some friends who'd been about five or six years behind me at school and lived in Dunstable allowing me the use of his address for ordering my ticket.

It may have been the first, but certainly not the last, time I've used the Old Pals' Act to allow me to see the Rovers playing away!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, R0verb0y said:

Loved Eric; hated Luton, that's for sure!

Going back to the days when they were 'pioneers' of artificial pitches - "Take it or leave it." And of banning away fans.

Some - well, one, at least of us - got round that with the adult son of some friends who'd been about five or six years behind me at school and lived in Dunstable allowing me the use of his address for ordering my ticket.

It may have been the first, but certainly not the last, time I've used the Old Pals' Act to allow me to see the Rovers playing away!

I used to go clubbing in Dunstable - the best part of 30 years later and I’ve still not fully recovered!!

• Like 1