BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Carabao Cup 22-23

I remember a few years ago we were due to play someone in a friendly and we ended up drawing them in the cup like this so they cancelled it, can't remember who though.

Edit - It was Mansfield in 2016, just saw Sharpe put it on twitter.

Edited by MarkBRFC

Christ even if the friendly got cancelled the gate will be a horror show.

Didn't season ticket holders used to get the first league Cup game free or have I imagined it? Around the late 80s/early 90s, I'm old though and can't remember. 

One thing, among many, that used to wind me up under the previous manager was our dismal showings in the cup competitions.

I've lost count the number of embarrassing first round exits we seemed to suffer. We might as well have not bothered turning up, the games were that dire.

I expect that to change under JDT and Hartlepool at home is a good draw on paper.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Christ even if the friendly got cancelled the gate will be a horror show.

Didn't season ticket holders used to get the first league Cup game free or have I imagined it? Around the late 80s/early 90s, I'm old though and can't remember. 

Remember getting the Rochdale and Portsmouth league cup games in with the season ticket in 00-01, don't recall it happening before or since though.

6 hours ago, arbitro said:

We have just drawn Hartlepool United at home in Round One.

I wonder if that will affect the upcoming friendly at Hartlepool?

I'd say it almost certainly would have done under the Mogadon regime.

However, I think the factor - which might mean the Hartlepool friendly [b]isn't[/b] cancelled - is that it's one to which the club is providing transport. And if the game's cancelled, then the bus fares will have to be refunded to those of us sufficiently enthusiastic/barmy about seeing Rovers on another new ground to many of us.

As one who's already booked his seat on that bus, I wouldn't dream of saying the club can't process refunds on season tickets [u]and[/u] the bus tickets to Hartlepool, you understand, . . . 😉

He scored in that game. I was thinking of mirame diouf against Norwich in the league cup. He scored the hatrick. Up until now I always thought diawara scored a hatrick against Rochdale. Weird how your brain re writes history and plays tricks on you lol

3 hours ago, Hasta said:

Looks like only one previous meeting between the clubs, a two-legged league cup tie in 1974 which we lost.

Was it a  2 legged tie ? 

We lost at home 1 nil , thought it was a one off game ...Maybe wrong though a long time ago...

Edited by Waggy76

On 23/06/2022 at 21:47, Oldgregg86 said:

He scored in that game. I was thinking of mirame diouf against Norwich in the league cup. He scored the hatrick. Up until now I always thought diawara scored a hatrick against Rochdale. Weird how your brain re writes history and plays tricks on you lol

He scored 1