BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Start of a new season is almost upon us after a couple of months break thanks to Quatar.

We've sold around 8k ST's so I'm wondering just how many folk will buy matchday tickets for our home games to boost the attendances this season?

I'm saying 2-3k 

Obviously more for Burnley etc...

Edited by damo100
spelling mistakes..

Of the 8k ST holders most will go regardless of results. So start winning games that 2k walk ons gets bigger and bigger.

Back in the day when you could pay cash at turnstiles was easy planning but buying tickets puts an extra job on going to each game.

I think it was Fulham last season there was less than 2k walk ons including their lot ?

So i'd say an average of 2k walk ons max before away fans unless the team is doing well and even that'll take time to warm up.  Having sub 10k season ticket sales is a nightmare for Rovers crowds.

First game of the season you'd always expect a few more turning up though.

At an average of £25 per match (4 x £30, 4 x £20 and 15 x £25) you need to go to 17 of the 23 home games to make a season ticket worthwhile. This doesn't even take into account potential £5 or £10 offers we may run as a one-off.

If you cannot / struggle to attend mid-week games then you need to go to 16 of the 19 weekend matches to make it worthwhile!

The point is, I'm hoping a decent number of people have thought, what's the point of getting a season ticket when I can just pick and choose as I'll likely be unavailable for 5+ games over a season anyway, which should then boost our attendances a little bit. You'll never struggle to get a walk-on home ticket even if we're top of the table and playing Burnley.

But the real point is, this just highlights how out of touch the season ticket prices are. It's worth adding the £30/£25/£20 walk-on tickets are fair and probably the only ticket news I've agreed on in recent years. (albeit it's a stretch to put Wigan and Blackpool in the top bracket)

Like the international season ticket, which I liked the sound of. It's £150 for 6 games so same as an average ticket (and capped the number of tier 1 games to 3), so the most the individual tickets would come to is £165. £2.50 difference per match if you max it out for the best games. It's pointless considering the commitment to fly in and get to Ewood anyway, might as well play it ear and get walk-on tickets. 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, superniko said:

At an average of £25 per match (4 x £30, 4 x £20 and 15 x £25) you need to go to 17 of the 23 home games to make a season ticket worthwhile. This doesn't even take into account potential £5 or £10 offers we may run as a one-off.

If you cannot / struggle to attend mid-week games then you need to go to 16 of the 19 weekend matches to make it worthwhile!

The point is, I'm hoping a decent number of people have thought, what's the point of getting a season ticket when I can just pick and choose as I'll likely be unavailable for 5+ games over a season anyway, which should then boost our attendances a little bit. You'll never struggle to get a walk-on home ticket even if we're top of the table and playing Burnley.

But the real point is, this just highlights how out of touch the season ticket prices are. It's worth adding the £30/£25/£20 walk-on tickets are fair and probably the only ticket news I've agreed on in recent years. (albeit it's a stretch to put Wigan and Blackpool in the top bracket)

Like the international season ticket, which I liked the sound of. It's £150 for 6 games so same as an average ticket (and capped the number of tier 1 games to 3), so the most the individual tickets would come to is £165. £2.50 difference per match if you max it out for the best games. It's pointless considering the commitment to fly in and get to Ewood anyway, might as well play it ear and get walk-on tickets. 

This is me. As I said a few weeks back in the season ticket thread. As I struggle to make mid week games, a season ticket is essentially no use to me. If Rovers had been a bit more creative and offered a more flexible ticket they could have had my cash up front. As it is I'll continue to buy match tickets as I when they come up for sale.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

I think it was Fulham last season there was less than 2k walk ons including their lot ?

So i'd say an average of 2k walk ons max before away fans unless the team is doing well and even that'll take time to warm up.  Having sub 10k season ticket sales is a nightmare for Rovers crowds.

First game of the season you'd always expect a few more turning up though.

What a goal fest they missed tomphil, more the fool them 😁

I can't wait for it to get going two clubs with a new manager bounce and hopefully non of this over complicating over thinking the opposition stuff.  

Should be a decent game.

Walk on folks, walk on.

Edited by tomphil

Including STs there has to be around 10k already sold of not far off so probably another two or 3k will turn up including away fans who'll bring more than usual.

All set to break the 12k barrier....... 🙄

Exactly, we had 10k by kick off of the first game last season. 

With two days to go and the last minute rush you always see, we will have a fair bit more than 10k by 3pm on Saturday.

Who knows we may even have a total attendance that gets in the ball park of what our neighbours have in ST holders…

Edited by Mattyblue

27 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Including STs there has to be around 10k already sold of not far off so probably another two or 3k will turn up including away fans who'll bring more than usual.

All set to break the 12k barrier....... 🙄

No trains for away fans, strike action.

10 minutes ago, rigger said:

I don't know how many they will bring. I was just pointing out that the trains are on strike that day.

And i'm saying it sounds like a minimum 1200 regardless of nee trains.

Not sure QPR would bring many more anyway like.

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

At the moment Northern are saying that their trains are running, If it stays like that i'll be on the train and on the beer.

I did notice Northern weren't on the list. When I went from bamber bridge to accrington for the friendly there was a train just after 1pm the next one wasn't until 3. Northern talking about risk of cancellation at short notice. Best book early.

On 28/07/2022 at 03:09, damo100 said:

Start of a new season is almost upon us after a couple of months break thanks to Quatar.

We've sold around 8k ST's so I'm wondering just how many folk will buy matchday tickets for our home games to boost the attendances this season?

I'm saying 2-3k 

Obviously more for Burnley etc...

Well I'm there for the opener and plan on going to a good handful of home games in the coming months, then maybe a half season tkt at Christmas

First time ive excitedly wanted to go to games in years, would have got a season tkt if money wasn't so tight right now and i work odd weekends... 

My last season ticket was for Bowyers first full season in charge! We had a great bunch of players that year and if i remember right there was also a massive incentive of a vastly reduced season tkt for the following season if we where to get promoted! Sadly we know how that went, Bowyers lack of tactical know how and match day management skills being very amature. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1