BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke (h) - Saturday 27th August 3pm

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I hate that when people raise genuine questions whether it be about players out of position, what the style is, where the goals will come from etc, that they are shot down by people who will not allow constructive debate about the manager if it involves and doubts or constructive criticisms.

Is it not hard to see what he is trying to do? In 6 games we have taken the lead in 3 and managed the games really well from there, grinding them out with heart and organisation. In the 3 games that we have conceded in first, in the first 2 we were totally uncompetitive

I think that questioning what the style actually is and whether it is evident at this early stage is valid rather than being shot down as intolerable impatience.

I am bothered about the results but in terms of entertainment factor, there has been very little from the first 6 games. very few chances created, players struggling in positions that they aren't best suited to etc.

I am questioning that I have yet to see the supposed style or even many if any small signs of the supposed style that so many have outlined in detail as to what Tomasson will play.

You mention fitness. Would it not be a worry that Wharton, Gallagher, Brittain, Carter and Hedges have already all missed games due to injuries picked up in training?

Not really given the circumstances our squad is paper thin and can barely cope with two games a week let alone 3 games in 6 days, he’s gotta kick the bad ways if a group of players who have had a negative mediocre managers ways installed into them like not being able to fight their way back into games which was well and truly a Mowbray problem 

2 minutes ago, TheRovers1994 said:

Not really given the circumstances our squad is paper thin and can barely cope with two games a week let alone 3 games in 6 days, he’s gotta kick the bad ways if a group of players who have had a negative mediocre managers ways installed into them like not being able to fight their way back into games which was well and truly a Mowbray problem 

It was going on before Mowbray was appointed but he did absolutely nothing to rectify the situation.

6 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Smart arse reply but the stats don't back it up.

Eight out of the starting eleven were here last year and Phillips was also at the Club but not used due to his age. You could also argue he's only currently in the side through necessity rather than choice due to Mowbray and Waggott failing to tie down Lenihan and relying so heavily last season on a loanee (JPVH)

Only two of the starting line up JDT signings, Szmodics and Morton.

You could also argue that since Mowbray supposedly massively underachieved last season, after being 2nd at Christmas, that we should be coasting into the play offs at least this season. 

The cherry picking of "facts" in this argument is mad, I just wish people would leave it and look forward. 

Edited by M_B
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

The top line applies to Appleton at B/pool. He's doing ok. I just think a lot of excuses are being made for the new manager. That's fine, but there comes a time when he has to take responsibility.

Re the last line - surely that was the point of replacing the failing manager? 

I'm not expecting miracles overnight, but I also thought there would be some semblance of a plan to score against the opposition. I was just expecting better, that's all. 

JDT is unproven. We'll see how he goes. But after the initial excitement and euphoria (I was guilty of it too) reality is beginning to dawn. 

And as Jurgen Klopp said the other day when interviewed, he felt less pressure when he came to England because everyone was telling him it wasn't his team. He said it was his team the day he walked in the door. 

Blackpool are a point behind Rovers. If he's doing okay then isn't JDT?

There won't be any semblance of scoring against the opposition because if Brereton doesn't score, the team usually doesn't. And it's been that way since Armstrong left.

He took over with the team in a shocking state, star player on the verge of leaving, an injury to a very good defender and the guy who has provided the most assist and he's only 2 and a half months in.

JDT is also still developing as a coach. It's ridiculous that we had one injury and we were in a crisis and being forced into playing a 17 year old on a scholarship contract every single game. 

The state the squad has been  left in is unacceptable. Hopefully some significant changes will be made and things can start moving in the right direction. 

Venkys out.

• Like 2