BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke (h) - Saturday 27th August 3pm

• J*B pinned this topic

It’s a must-win game for me and it’s imperative that we approach it positively - play on the front foot and be aggressive off the ball.

Last nights result broke the consecutive defeats, but if we want to do anything of note this season, we have to be beating teams like Stoke at home.

Kaminski

Brittain Ayala Wharton Pickering

Morton Travis

Markanday Dack BBD

Gallagher

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Andy said:

Kaminski

Morton Travis

Markanday Dack BBD

Gallagher

This is the team for me.

Morton deserves a start in cm.

Markanday and dack earned a start.

Gally through the middle and ditch the idea of a false 9.

Phillips for Wharton if he isn't fit.

A. Wharton on the bench.

• Like 1

Dacky, Markanday and Wharton definitely all knocking on the door for a start, or at least 30 mins apiece here.

Stoke have had a rancid start and definitely a game we need to be looking to win,  At some point you'd expect Dwight Gayle to start scoring though and they've got Delap too - a bit jealous of their striking options really.

3-1 win.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Andy said:

It’s a must-win game for me and it’s imperative that we approach it positively - play on the front foot and be aggressive off the ball.

Last nights result broke the consecutive defeats, but if we want to do anything of note this season, we have to be beating teams like Stoke at home.

Kaminski

Morton Travis

Markanday Dack BBD

Gallagher

I reckon if we go like that Stoke will just batter us in midfield like Reading and Sheff Utd have. JDT & Remy came in with the philosophy of pushing the front four right up the pitch, but I think it is already in the bin. It surrenders the whole midfield. We got absolutely humiliated in midfield by both of them.

While it's possible that we could line up like that and ask Dack to drop into midfield to help out Travis and Morton I don't buy it as 1) you want Dack where the goals are which isn't running around just in front of the centre circle, 2) he would need to cover a lot of ground which isn't his forte post two ACLs 3) he's never been very good breaking up play anyway so wouldn't be very effective.

But we shall see.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Will be watching from Sardinia🌞🌞🍺 0-0

Get a 2nd mortgage before you go, the prices are off the scale right now.

Rovers 3 Stoke 1 

Edited by Gav

Stoke have started the season very poorly and again their manager is under pressure, at home, a game we have to be looking to win.

That being said, they have a good set of strikers in Gayle, Delap, Brown and Campbell so we need help ideally from above Tomasson but sadly that doesn't seem forthcoming so we need at least one of Wharton and Carter to return to prevent Phillips having to be played again and massively increasing the chances of a goal or two going past Kaminski.

I would ideally go:

Kaminski

Travis Morton

Markanday Dack Hedges

Brereton

Subs: Pears, Carter, Gallagher, Dolan, Szmodics, Buckley, Rankin Costello

Assuming Wharton is out, put Carter in and Phillips on the bench, if he still isn't ready and no one comes in, its time for panic.

If Hedges isn't fit, Gallagher in and Brereton out wide left.

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

My view is Dack - although nominally an "attacking midfielder" is actually far more of a striker. Finds space in the box, holds up the ball and links up excellently, maybe not the fastest but very strong and clever, can poach, head, score from distance.

We've tried Dack up top on his own and it just doesnt work. He's marked out of it too easy as he cant lose his man. His goal last night, and the majority of his other goals, are him finding space when running into the box. Timing his arrival perfectly. The way to play Dack would be to have Gally up front and dack running off behind him. Basically turn SG into DG. That can leave Brereton in his wide role to join in as he see's fit.

I'd be going more like this. But who you'd put on the left I don't know. Edun? Dolan? Sammie? Buckley?   None appear ideal for that role . Maybe Edun to cover Pickering behind him

Kaminski

Britain        Phillips      Ayala      Pickering

Travis        Morton

Brereton           Dack          ?????

Gallagher

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Individual stats like that are so limited. Buckley has not convinced in central midfield this season in a deeper role and has never controlled games at any point.

Plus I wouldn't have McClean!

He played well versus QPR and Swansea.

Been shit the last 2 games along with everyone else.

Edited by islander200
  • Like 3

Have we ever tried dack coming from the side on to his best foot like BBD does. He’s skilful , can hit a shot and hold the ball up better than anyone on the pitch. He can run at defenders and pick a pass. Not saying this is a good idea, just an idea 

• Like 1

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Stoke (h) - Saturday 27th August 3pm
57 minutes ago, Hasta said:

We've tried Dack up top on his own and it just doesnt work. He's marked out of it too easy as he cant lose his man. His goal last night, and the majority of his other goals, are him finding space when running into the box. Timing his arrival perfectly. The way to play Dack would be to have Gally up front and dack running off behind him. Basically turn SG into DG. That can leave Brereton in his wide role to join in as he see's fit.

I'd be going more like this. But who you'd put on the left I don't know. Edun? Dolan? Sammie? Buckley?   None appear ideal for that role . Maybe Edun to cover Pickering behind him

Kaminski

Travis        Morton

Gallagher

I guess you'd put Markanday or Hedges right and Brereton left.

56 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Have we ever tried dack coming from the side on to his best foot like BBD does. He’s skilful , can hit a shot and hold the ball up better than anyone on the pitch. He can run at defenders and pick a pass. Not saying this is a good idea, just an idea 

This is what i think they are planning should BBD leave and why they have been very cautious using Dack so far.

I seem to remember Mowbray playing him there a time or two early doors.

3 hours ago, Hasta said:

Kaminski

Travis        Morton

Gallagher

Play Dack up against centre halves directly and you lose his ability to evade his marker and ghost into goal scoring positions.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Doesn't have the pace for it.

6 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Mowbray tried dack off the left early on in league 1 and it didn't quite work.

Still think he's best as a 10. To get round the lack of energy you try pushing the wide forwards further up allowing him to drop deeper in the press with one of the cm's.

We need to embrace Dack and what he can do, and find ways to negate his weakness aka his lack of mobility. Because at the end of the day that's what makes for effective teams.

Edited by BlackburnEnd75
Missing work
  • Like 2