BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke (h) - Saturday 27th August 3pm

Difficult one to call (and therefore no bets on this game) but fancy Stoke to edge it.

Almost inevitable, a club sacks their manager and caretaker roars in with a win.

Think we'll know more about Brereton's future from team selection (that's if he's not gone by tomorrow).

Dack HAS to start tomorrow - it really is time to either sh1t or get off the pot with him - what is left in his locker?  Goals against Lincoln, Hartlepool and Bradford prove little.  Has he got the fitness, mobility, intensity, physicality to still cut it in the Championship from the start of a game - the club and Dack himself need to know. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Plays on the right no?

27 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

JDT favours 'inverted' wingers, so a right-footer will replace the right-footed BBD...if BBD actually goes anywhere.

He's played Gallagher consistently on the right and he's right footed.

If BBD goes I'm sure JDT will be fine with playing Hedges or Markanday on the left.

TBH, in style (though without the goals) Hedges is a remarkably similar sort of player to BBD. A bit more technical, a bit less physical, but essentially a big lad who despite his size likes running with the ball from wide, likes to link up, and has a decent shot.

If BBDs off I wouldn't use the money like for like. I'd let Hedges (and the other wide players - Dolan, Markanday) have a crack at wide and sign a proper central striker of which we have none, unless you count Gally.

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

He's played Gallagher consistently on the right and he's right footed.

If BBD goes I'm sure JDT will be fine with playing Hedges or Markanday on the left.

TBH, in style (though without the goals) Hedges is a remarkably similar sort of player to BBD. A bit more technical, a bit less physical, but essentially a big lad who despite his size likes running with the ball from wide, likes to link up, and has a decent shot.

If BBDs off I wouldn't use the money like for like. I'd let Hedges (and the other wide players - Dolan, Markanday) have a crack at wide and sign a proper central striker of which we have none, unless you count Gally.

I'm just telling you what he prefers. We'll see when he gets his own players in and everyone's fit. 

• Like 1

If BBD doesn't make and with Hedges and Carter back I would go 

Kaminski

Brittain      Ayala       Carter    Pickering

Travis      Morton

Gallagher     Buckley    Hedges

Dack

Subs : Pears, Phillips, Edun, A Wharton, Dolan, Markanday, Szmodics

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Mercer said:

Difficult one to call (and therefore no bets on this game) but fancy Stoke to edge it.

Almost inevitable, a club sacks their manager and caretaker roars in with a win.

Think we'll know more about Brereton's future from team selection (that's if he's not gone by tomorrow).

Dack HAS to start tomorrow - it really is time to either sh1t or get off the pot with him - what is left in his locker?  Goals against Lincoln, Hartlepool and Bradford prove little.  Has he got the fitness, mobility, intensity, physicality to still cut it in the Championship from the start of a game - the club and Dack himself need to know. 

But the burning question is what wine do you have lined up for after the game? 

My team for tomorrow

Kaminski

Brittain Phillips Ayala Pickering

Travis  Morton

Markanday  Szmodics   BBD

Gallagher

Subs:- Pears, Carter, Edun, Buckley, Dack, Dolan, Hedges 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

But the burning question is what wine do you have lined up for after the game? 

Cave de Lugny Chardonnay (available at Waitrose) to go with the swordfish - a pairing that brings out the flavours in each.

Followed by a nice red If Rovers win to round off the night - was given a bottle of Patina Syrah 2019 today which I've never had so itching to try.

• Like 1