BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke (h) - Saturday 27th August 3pm

Sacked 2 days before the game - all prep undertaken this week now potentially out of the window.

A couple of days isn’t really sufficient to come up with a whole new game plan/approach and that’s presuming that whoever is caretaker manager has a clue what he’s doing.

Sounds ideal timing to play them, to me.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Wonder if TM in the frame for the Stoke job 

Yeah can totally see that. We've got a view of him at Rovers, but many other clubs will look at him and think a proven manager. Wouldn't be surprised if he pitches up there.

That said they've obviously got some cash with the players they've brought in so maybe will be a bit more ambitious?

Kaminski 

Brittain Carter/Phillips Ayala Pickering 

Travis Morton 

Markandy Dack Diaz

Gally 

Has to be the team IMO. Hoping Carter is fit to take Phillips out the firing line but I also don’t fee he has looked out of place. The only thing I would say is that between him and Ayala and Phillips they are too safe in the passing - it’s all sideways. They need to be abit more ambitious and be prepared to be more progressive, skip a man and get the pass right. 

Oniell sacked doesn’t change anything - Stoke are there for the taking. Get the win and our start to the season looks exceptional again. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Dyche in the frame 

That would be a good appointment for Stoke, and a potentially good next move for Dyche (assuming he wants to get back in the game). If they have decent funds available, he certainly knows how to get a tune out of journeymen 😉

I don't think he'd be in place for Saturday though, unless they already had a cunning plan...

Rovers to edge this one 2-1

COYB!

8 hours ago, yankfan said:

He’s been great for a 17 year old but he has yet to develop an ability to play the ball forward. It’s all very safe…good enough as you don’t want to give it away but far from the finished product or the technical ability Wharton possesses. The play in the middle is decisively restricted with him and Ayala vs Ayala and Wharton. 

steady on,your talking like wharton is the second coming of franco baresi,the first job of a defender is to head,tackle and stop the opposition,anything else is a bonus,if you have another alan hansen etc,you are very lucky

5 hours ago, J*B said:

Wharton was very similar when he first started, everything was sideways. It'll come over time. 

Agree. I’m by no means writing the kid off. Very bright future but he’s currently not up to the standard in sone areas of his game. It will come. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

steady on,your talking like wharton is the second coming of franco baresi,the first job of a defender is to head,tackle and stop the opposition,anything else is a bonus,if you have another alan hansen etc,you are very lucky

Yes and Ash has been solid enough. But it certainly helps if the defender can win the ball and find a teammate instead of play it out to touch and give possession away 

4 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

If the job is to stabilise a badly underperforming team, they could do plenty worse for me. Obviously not as a long term solution though. 

I'd say they are more in a position to look to kick on they've just had a water treader who lost the knack.  If that's the case Mowbray would altogether be the wrong choice although obviously they could do worse.

No way they'll go for Mowbray, their owners are ambitious and won't be hoodwinked by hogwash about journeys with no end.

The game should give an insight as to how close Everton are with BBD - he plays they must still be some way off, if he doesn't a deal may be imminent.

For the purposes of Saturday's game let's hope they are still some way off.