BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke (h) - Saturday 27th August 3pm

31 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

If Dack doesn’t at least get off the bench today I will be seriously worried. For me he should definitely be starting.

He can’t be happy with his fall down the pecking order. I wonder if we could see him doing a Mulgrew and going out on loan on deadline day. I just get the feeling that there’s something going on there.

On the positive side he looks leaner and more mobile than he has been for ages. So it really does look like he's fighting for his place.

JDT is no idiot. He knows Dack is the one player except BBD who consistently scores goals, so I am sure he is desperate to fit him in the side.

Smodics does seem such an odd signing though. We have Dack, Dolan, Markanday, Hedges, Buckley, Vale who can all d o that role in different ways. Just seems a totally unnecessary signing?

6 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

On the positive side he looks leaner and more mobile than he has been for ages. So it really does look like he's fighting for his place.

JDT is no idiot. He knows Dack is the one player except BBD who consistently scores goals, so I am sure he is desperate to fit him in the side.

Smodics does seem such an odd signing though. We have Dack, Dolan, Markanday, Hedges, Buckley, Vale who can all d o that role in different ways. Just seems a totally unnecessary signing?

Do we?

Vale I don't think is good enough for this level. Buckley is much better used in CM. Dack hasn't played for 2 years. Dolan is an impact sub. Markanday keeps on being run out with the U21s.

• Backroom

Markandy starting for the under 21s - he’s worth at least a place on the bench you’d think 

Suppose he’s a victim of them playing the same day now as it’s one or the other 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Tom said:

Markandy starting for the under 21s - he’s worth at least a place on the bench you’d think 

Suppose he’s a victim of them playing the same day now as it’s one or the other 

Kind of what I mean about why I'm confused we signed Szmodics. As far as I can see I don't really get what Sammie offers us that Markanday doesn't. All that happens is Markanday drops out of the squad, and we could have used the Szmodics money elsewhere?

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

Kind of what I mean about why I'm confused we signed Szmodics. As far as I can see I don't really get what Sammie offers us that Markanday doesn't. All that happens is Markanday drops to the bench, and we could have used the Szmodics money elsewhere?

I think we signed him as an ACM to compete with Dack....Markanday is a wide-man essentially. Different players who offer different things. It's like comparing BBD and Szmodics. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, neophox said:

I would have Dolan with the reserves... think Markanday did better against Bradford... hopefully Markanday soon will be back in the first team firing on all cylinders!

It was Dolan's cross that Dack hammered in for the equaliser. I think JDT can be trusted to make the best selection for the side though.

COYB!

9 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

rovers 4-0 stoke

turbocharged performance by us today renders stoke outclassed.come on rovers

Nice aspiration!

With Alex Neill likely to be sat in the stand think Stoke will be a tough nut to crack and I think they will edge it by the odd goal.

Wasn't going to bet on this but Stoke at 2/1 proved too attractive.