BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke (h) - Saturday 27th August 3pm

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

Add to that shite owners too, I'm surprised the gates are as high as they to be honest.

Has this Coventry lad signed yet? Fee agreed Friday, its now Sunday?

It's weekend and a Bank Holiday, suspect tye sticker book will be out on Tuesday 

6 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

It's weekend and a Bank Holiday, suspect tye sticker book will be out on Tuesday 

Football doesn't close down on weekends and bank holidays Ossy, plenty of clubs are training today, buying players, doing deals, as should we be doing.

But then again you could right, apathy reigns supreme at Ewood these days, maybe everyone's taking the weekend off, 3 loses on the bounce, we need a bit of time off to take stock.......

Yes we need defenders. We simply won't last the season with what we have.

However, in the games up to now the problem has been our midfield. Absolutely anonymous. AWOL. In hiding. Awful. Bullied every game. No control of the football. No link up play between defence and attack.

Now I haven't quite put my finger on exactly why.

I think its how they are being asked to play, combined with missing some proper experience in there.

If it doesn't change we are in for a long season down the bottom.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, imy9 said:

I honestly think the loss of Wharton in the last three games cannot be understated. When we get him back alongside Hyam we should be stronger at the back, however it’s the striker situation which is concerning. 

A proper number 9 is needed, hold the ball up and score goals. I really hope that’s top of the agenda as when Breo goes we will be woefully short and then expect a relegation battle.

Kevin G made the same point. He said we should go for Cole Stockton. What confuses me though is why anybody thinks we play with a No9. JDT has stated he likes 4 'fluid' forwards who interchange positions. We clearly don't play with a traditional No9. it's closer to the false 9 bollocks that Mowbray was rightly criticised for.

4 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

However, in the games up to now the problem has been our midfield. Absolutely anonymous. AWOL. In hiding. Awful. 

We don't have a ball playing midfielder at the base of our midfield dictating the game, tempo etc....none of our current ones are capable.  That player needs to be a nasty bastard demanding the ball at all times from his goalie and defence....at the moment we have lads hiding.....worst central midfield at the club for a long long time....weak as piss

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

However, in the games up to now the problem has been our midfield. Absolutely anonymous. AWOL. In hiding. Awful. Bullied every game. No control of the football. No link up play between defence and attack.

I think its how they are being asked to play, combined with missing some proper experience in there.

Totally agree with this.

The players aren't technically good enough to play this pass-it-out from-the-back lark. All that faffing about in the first half reminded me of Swansea at Ewood last season - a disaster waiting to happen. That's on the manager.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Hasta said:

You’re a master of deflection I will give you that. So I’ll ask you straight.

Do you think that we possibly deserved more than a point today? Yes or no?

Be careful. Read back what you have already said.

After the second half performance & getting a clear cut penalty decison turned down yes we could of easily gone on to win the game… We battered them second half.

Let’s not escape the fact that you’re saying we deserved nothing from the game. Your purely basing this on because we’ve played poorly in just 45 minutes of a 90 minute game? & I’d say your basing it on 2 previous poor performances…Your in the minority here pal. 

After that second half performance, rovers didn’t deserve to loose. We should of walked away with at least a point.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

7 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Kevin G made the same point. He said we should go for Cole Stockton. What confuses me though is why anybody thinks we play with a No9. JDT has stated he likes 4 'fluid' forwards who interchange positions. We clearly don't play with a traditional No9. it's closer to the false 9 bollocks that Mowbray was rightly criticised for.

Then why doesn't he go for Jason Knight at Derby??  He would be perfect.  PI'd rate him highly for Championship standard and he can fill in at right back also if needed.  Very good attacking player.  I'd also get a tough experienced hard man type int he middle of the pitch.

16 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Totally agree with this.

The players aren't technically good enough to play this pass-it-out from-the-back lark. All that faffing about in the first half reminded me of Swansea at Ewood last season - a disaster waiting to happen. That's on the manager.

I agree…Allthough I think when Wharton came on it improved Slightly. He wanted to run with the ball and made a massive impact.

Wharton over Buckley any day of the week for me…It seems to work better with the younger lads in the cup games than it does with trav & Buckley.

Buckley not the same form the season so far eh?

29 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Those 3 early wins will come in handy for the relegation battle though!

10 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Nice bit 'o tongue in cheek there Hasta.

Crap result,don't think this Diaz transfer saga is doing team morale any good tbh.

Some 1,500 -2,000 home fans down on the last home game?...doesn't take much with our lot!

Have you had your TV turned on recently ? There’s a massive cost of living crisis coming any day now. Watching Rovers or having a meal on the table ? No contest.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Have you had your TV turned on recently ? There’s a massive cost of living crisis coming any day now. Watching Rovers or having a meal on the table ? No contest.

I was buying Wigan tickets and asked how many we have sold for Blackpool. He didn't say how many we had sold but tellingly that we have 1000 left. It's live on Sky and adult prices are £29. I can't recall a time in the last decade when we haven't sold out. For many non season ticket holders it will be a big decision to buy home match tickets because, as you say the priority will be keeping warm and nourished.

• Like 1

Can’t believe I’m already seeing people question jdt, isn’t hard to see what he’s trying to do but he hasn’t got the team yet, we are patched up fortunately with good academy players but there is plenty of positives, poor first half conceded a stupid goal but great second just lacked a striker to score the goals which is what we need to recruit, only Gallagher and vale are recognised strikers and vale is far from good enough and Gallagher ain’t gonna score for fun so a proper out and out striker is what’s needed and it’s what we haven’t had since graham left no thanks to Mowbray and his false 9 obsession. 

the lad from cov coming in and apparently we are pushing for van hecke so to me I think jdt wants to play a back 3, which fair play to the guy he’s picked the team for the best options available rather than square pegs and round holes like Mowbray did and would do. 

adam Wharton superb 👏 

I am not worried aslong as we get the players in, but I do think we need at least just the cov lad in at centre back, we need a left back as Pickering isn’t up to this system nor this level, even a centre as we have little experience there, Diaz replacement which depends on the system jdt wants to play, if he opts for a back 3 then I hope it’s 532 and a striker 

• Like 5

I'm sorry, but those questioning JDT's managerial credentials, pls give your heads a wobble.

He's 8 games into the season, W3 L3, won 2 cup matches albeit against lower league. Hardly disastrous. All done with what we all know is a paper thin squad inherited halfway into the summer from previous management which has been further stretched due to more-than-average injuries in defence and loss of form of a couple of key players.

It's not perfect; it never will be perfect, quite apart from it not yet being 2 months into his tenure. We've lost two away games 3-0, deservedly so it sounds like; one of those sides is many peoples' favourites for automatic promotion (we beat another one in WBA), the other is sitting pretty in 1st position (yet still only 3 points ahead of us). Yesterday, without 3 regular starters (Gally, Hedges & Brittain), after an abject 1st half he recognised the problems, switched systems & personnel & we were relentless in the 2nd half. We had the ball in the back of the net twice which shouldn't have been pulled back for fouls (I presume @arbitro would agree), plus a nailed on penalty denied. Stoke defended well TBF, blocked shots at source (which I think don't get counted as on target, even if they are), and Dolan & BBD fluffed their lines a couple of times. I'd have been much more worried if the 2nd half continued like the 1st, but they were chalk & cheese.

Someone said why play BBD out wide, it's ridiculous; but we know how effective he is from there, not just for us but for Chile too. It's his best position to make use of his abilities. To criticise JDT in that respect is, with respect, what's ridiculous.

It takes time to build a squad, for new ideas to sink in, to put it into practise on the pitch, to build fitness to play aggressively in and out of position.

When JDT came in most people were urging patience, yet that seems to be in ever shorter supply. He needs time & he needs backing.

• Like 9

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I agree that winning is the only important thing, although that doesnt tie in to you criticising other managers because they are "boring." All about results. A mixed bag so far, 3 wins and 3 losses.

I am just yet to see any signs that display the supposed attacking style that the manager is looking to implement. Fluidity, pressing, intensity, interchange, excitement all yet to be seen so far. 

I think some managers tactics are boring to watch. In 3 home games I haven't bored and see the team playing to tactical plan whilst yesterday game first half was poor we were miles better second half yesterday and played with more tempo and intensity, closing down, movement, playing in between the lines. If you can't see that second half then I just leave it there. Just look at Hedges performance second half who was very good and shown why he need to start at Blackpool. 

11 hours ago, TheKitGuy said:

Can I ask, does anyone truly believe JDT is a good manager.. forget all the transfer nonsense. 

Team just looks so out of sorts, rarely creating chances just going through the motions. 

Yes he is good coach and very good with the players who enjoyed his training coaching sessions. Plus the players look more fit yesterday than previous seasons. 

9 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

image.png.773e5ec0861b0d9117ad293b3e4d67a1.png

We're rock bottom on both counts. So much for JDT's attacking football. 

Championship Team Statistics | WhoScored.com

no blocked shot on those stats considering the number of blocked shots we had yesterday 

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Add to that shite owners too, I'm surprised the gates are as high as they to be honest.

Has this Coventry lad signed yet? Fee agreed Friday, its now Sunday?

Rovers will doing a medical today. I wouldn't be surprised if he was at yesterday game watching from a box or something. Keeping a low profile until its a done deal.  

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes he is good coach and very good with the players who enjoyed his training coaching sessions. Plus the players look more fit yesterday than previous seasons. 

no blocked shot on those stats considering the number of blocked shots we had yesterday 

Every team has blocked shots. 

There's also no evidence YET that JDT is a good head coach. 

10 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

image.png.773e5ec0861b0d9117ad293b3e4d67a1.png

We're rock bottom on both counts. So much for JDT's attacking football. 

Championship Team Statistics | WhoScored.com

so you can make statistics fit what  ever narrative you want  , you could say that our strikers are more accurate than the rest of the league as we score every 8.3 shots on target,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

Don’t forget to add your Player Ratings in the Match Centre before 3pm today…there was a technical issue but that has now been fixed…

84FF304F-5812-4D59-A567-3FD653895285.png

A724899C-51C9-4FE7-8EE3-83A7755BE1AB.png

5E599642-CDB7-4570-B78B-004F12AA3806.png

Ayala and Wharton my combined MOTM, both with 9/10. 

JRC got a 3/10. Buckley a 4/10. 

• Like 2