BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke (h) - Saturday 27th August 3pm

7 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Do you think that we possibly deserved more than a point today?

Going off the first half we probably didn't deserve it, Stoke could have been 3 up only for Kaminski.

However in the second half if the referee hadn't been so inept it could have ended 3-1 to us.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Nice bit 'o tongue in cheek there Hasta.

Crap result,don't think this Diaz transfer saga is doing team morale any good tbh.

Some 1,500 -2,000 home fans down on the last home game?...doesn't take much with our lot!

Two defeats, six unanswered goals and a crap transfer window?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Just don't get the Hedges love in, he buzzes about and adds energy, but when the ball goes to him everything usually breaks down.

Average at best, and I think that's being fairly kind.

Because he was very good when he came on today.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

A point was the best we could have hoped for after the woeful 1st half. We are lacking any scorers, and BBD out wide is ludicrous. As I've said when he goes we are relegation fodder.

He scored 22 goals last season playing out wide. It suits his skillset - allows him to carry the ball, come short, attack the back post (against the FB rather than a CB). 

He's been proven to be much less effective played as a central striker. 

• Like 7

Hardly an injury crisis, it's a years of lack of investment crisis.

Wharton, Buckley, Phillips, A.Wharton, Travis, Phillips, Rankin-Costello, Ayala, Dolan, Vale, Carter.

Barely a transfer fee in sight.

That lack of investment is now letting down some very talented academy players and meaning we're keeping hold of others that are clearly not good enough.

Rankin-Costello proved himself to be not fit for selection today, sell him for nothing.

17 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Adam Wharton's passing was sublime today, he looks a serious talent.

Totally agree....... 

Won't be long until some bms slate the young chap if he makes a mistake.... Same with Ash Phillips. 

If that happens I'm off from here full time. 

Sick of nay sayers slagging off our young talent. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

image.png.773e5ec0861b0d9117ad293b3e4d67a1.png

We're rock bottom on both counts. So much for JDT's attacking football. 

Championship Team Statistics | WhoScored.com

Thanks, so basically 13 shots on target in 6 games?

This is the most worrying thing for me, we are creating nothing, not working the opposition with meaningful shots, and had we not scored with nearly every shot on target in those first three games, JDT reign would likely of been less than Bergs.

Like his honesty, the things he says, but the football needs to improve massively

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Thanks, so basically 13 shots on target in 6 games?

This is the most worrying thing for me, we are creating nothing, not working the opposition with meaningful shots, and had we not scored with nearly every shot on target in those first three games, JDT reign would likely of been less than Bergs.

Like his honesty, the things he says, but the football needs to improve massively

The worrying thing Glen is how much more do you think he’ll get outta this group? 

Three wins followed by three defeats. The knives are out but if it had been WLWLWL would fans be so concerned because overall it’s mid table form which is about this squad’s level at the moment. 

More concerning is the way we’re playing and the direction of travel because assuming we don’t get more and better players in before the deadline this is the squad that Tomasson will have to work with

Unless you believe in the saying that you can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear you just have to hope he can make something of them .

The second half yesterday provided some hope but he’s got a tough task on his hands. We’re about to find out if he’s a good manager or not. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

The worrying thing Glen is how much more do you think he’ll get outta this group? 

Its a very fair point and one which i cant answer with confidence either way until after Thursday

We have lots of central players and number 10s.

However at this time we have no genuine wingers or width and No natural number 9 to hang our coat on to produce the goals.

We could argue, thats not the way we play, however the current personnel in the main were found out from Xmas time onwards last season. We became ever so predictable and what i've seen to date under JDT is a lot worse than what I was seeing last season. We lack creativity or any real game plan. The football is not nice to watch, which i can handle if we are getting the results. Thing is, the last 3 league games we never at one point looked like getting a result and its not down to defensive frailties.

We have some talented kids in Wharton ect, but in the end its not enough and unless we get 6 through the door which includes a striker and a couple of creative players then I dont see us scoring enough goals to stay up.

I'm genuinely worried

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Three wins followed by three defeats. The knives are out but if it had been WLWLWL would fans be so concerned because overall it’s mid table form which is about this squad’s level at the moment. 

More concerning is the way we’re playing and the direction of travel because assuming we don’t get more and better players in before the deadline this is the squad that Tomasson will have to work with

Unless you believe in the saying that you can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear you just have to hope he can make something of them .

The second half yesterday provided some hope but he’s got a tough task on his hands. We’re about to find out if he’s a good manager or not. 

We literally scored with every shot the first 3 games.

QPR was poor, we got the job done.

Swansea totally dominated, we hit them on the break and took our chances.

WBA we scored with our only chances and left Bruce scratching his head.

Despite 9 points at that stage, I was concerned we had new manager bounce as the the only stat that supported those results was the one that mattered, we'd won somehow.

The next 3, its been woeful.

Its not by a lack of effort either, I see 11 players genuinely trying their best, but also 11 players scratching their heads at how we get control of the game and penetrate. 

This is not down to one summer of losing certain players, this is down to a number of summers of a lack of real investment in the transfer market. Signing players for pennies in a market where your pennies get you very little.

I genuinely think any manager would be struggling with the current crop of players, because although we have some talented players, the areas we are missing to compliment them is becoming increasingly likely to go un-filled applying more pressure on the manager to get results without the tools to do so

• Like 2

I honestly think the loss of Wharton in the last three games cannot be understated. When we get him back alongside Hyam we should be stronger at the back, however it’s the striker situation which is concerning. 

A proper number 9 is needed, hold the ball up and score goals. I really hope that’s top of the agenda as when Breo goes we will be woefully short and then expect a relegation battle.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Just don't get the Hedges love in, he buzzes about and adds energy, but when the ball goes to him everything usually breaks down.

Average at best, and I think that's being fairly kind.

Going back to the QPR game, when you're the only player trying to do something creative, and it doesn't come off, it looks like you're the only player losing the ball. 

He definitely gets the others playing, as he did yesterday, his absence has been overlooked. 

• Like 5

Not much to add apart from Hedges has clearly been missed, we've been gash since he was out the team. Thankfully we saw we can be a bit better with him!

Not sure what Buckley is playing at, I clearly remember people thinking this was his season after a few games, now here we are with him playing like me after 12 pints.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Two defeats, six unanswered goals and a crap transfer window?

Add to that shite owners too, I'm surprised the gates are as high as they to be honest.

Has this Coventry lad signed yet? Fee agreed Friday, its now Sunday?

Edited by Gav