BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Korea made it easy for Brazil by going toe to toe with them. You’ve got to be smarter than that. Having said that whoever wins it will have to beat Brazil.

If SK played v us like that, same outcome.

I'm not scared of Leeds and Everton forwards and old man at back.

• Like 2

We'd never let the game be that open in the first half and Brazil conceaded a few chances. I'm not seeing anyone at this world cup that we couldn't give a good game. I'm not saying we will beat everyone or anything like that but I don't think we'll play anyone where the game is lost before we've even kicked off

• Like 4

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

😂 your desperation to make the other 31 teams in the tournament never cease to amaze. They were brilliant to watch in that first half.

No I'm being facetious.  And as usual I'm proved right with the comments not on here but in general.  The absolute ass-kissing from people as soon as Brazil or France or Argentina beat teams they should be beating comfortably. Yet make excuses when England do it.  I give Brazil plaudits for beating a pretty average south Korea team. But I expect people to do the same for England and they don't 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, roverandout said:

No I'm being facetious.  And as usual I'm proved right with the comments not on here but in general.  The absolute ass-kissing from people as soon as Brazil or France or Argentina beat teams they should be beating comfortably. Yet make excuses when England do it.  I give Brazil plaudits for beating a pretty average south Korea team. But I expect people to do the same for England and they don't 

You are becoming paranoid. In the last 24 hours since we beat a Senegal side missing its talisman and also its key midfielder, I have seen the BBC pundits saying how France will be worried about us, the ITV pundits saying how teams will be as scared playing us as anyone in the tournament and Fodem saying how Bellingham WILL (not might) become the Worlds best midfielder.

Others were merely enjoying an excellent Brazil performance but for some reason an alarm goes off in your head where any praise to an intetnational team cannot be seperated in your head from England, nor not seen as a slight.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

You are becoming paranoid. In the last 24 hours since we beat a Senegal side missing its talisman and also its key midfielder, I have seen the BBC pundits saying how France will be worried about us, the ITV pundits saying how teams will be as scared playing us as anyone in the tournament and Fodem saying how Bellingham WILL (not might) become the Worlds best midfielder.

Others were merely enjoying an excellent Brazil performance but for some reason an alarm goes off in your head where any praise to an intetnational team cannot be seperated in your head from England, nor not seen as a slight.

That's all true. But south Korea's best player  isn't fully fit.  I'm not talking about on here just other sites.  Anyway I will shut up.  

14 minutes ago, roverandout said:

That's all true. But south Korea's best player  isn't fully fit.  I'm not talking about on here just other sites.  Anyway I will shut up.  

I would say that the 4 teams that we have played and South Korea are all of a similar level, half decent with the occasional good player. We havent't played strong opposition. Real signs of intent would be to beat a big team but us winning by 3 or 4 goals is still impressive as were Brazil tonight. Some of the one touch stuff, tricks and flicks were true Brazilian flair and I loved watching it.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I would say that the 4 teams that we have played and South Korea are all of a similar level, half decent with the occasional good player. We havent't played strong opposition. Real signs of intent would be to beat a big team but us winning by 3 or 4 goals is still impressive as were Brazil tonight. Some of the one touch stuff, tricks and flicks were true Brazilian flair and I loved watching it.

Neither have Brazil or France yet people are knocking one out to them. Its double standards

Personally I think it will be a Brazil France final.  Not because Brazil are fantastic but because they have an easy route and I hope France spank them senseless.  Brazil don't have anywhere near as good a team as France.  Mbappe is light years better than anything Brazil have 

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Neither have Brazil or France yet people are knocking one out to them. Its double standards

4 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Personally I think it will be a Brazil France final. 

😀. 11 mins.

You're answering your own frustrations.

Let everyone underestimate England and play down our chances.

Tbh, it's probably the only chance we have of winning a trophy. Other teams taking us lightly. I say embrace it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Silas said:

😀. 11 mins.

You're answering your own frustrations.

Let everyone underestimate England and play down our chances.

Tbh, it's probably the only chance we have of winning a trophy. Other teams taking us lightly. I say embrace it. 

True but I'm not contradicting myself.  I just think mbappe factor will do us. If walker can have the game of his life then we have a chance but we need to double up on him

I dont think people even do underestimate England.

@roverandout how come you hate Brazil so much?

I Don't.  I just don't buy into the hype and love-in over them. Their past teams are lightyears better than this one. Ronaldo Ronaldinho Rivaldo Carlos cafu would stomp on this team. They don't produce mega stars anymore and yes neymar isn't fit to lace their boots. Kaka was a better player than neymar.  I really don't think their squad is better than ours

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I Don't.  I just don't buy into the hype and love-in over them. Their past teams are lightyears better than this one. Ronaldo Ronaldinho Rivaldo Carlos cafu would stomp on this team. They don't produce mega stars anymore and yes neymar isn't fit to lace their boots. Kaka was a better player than neymar.  I really don't think their squad is better than ours

Is that enough reason to want them to be "spanked senseless?"

Did you not enjoy their performance tonight as a neutral?

(Never mentioned England)

• Like 3

Is that enough reason to want them to be "spanked senseless?"

(Never mentioned England)

I Try to avoid other teams because the sycophantic nonsense makes me regurgitate.  I think Brazil historically are a fantastic football nation. I enjoy watching their past teams 

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

I Try to avoid other teams because the sycophantic nonsense makes me regurgitate.  I think Brazil historically are a fantastic football nation. I enjoy watching their past teams 

I enjoy watching their women supporters.

• Like 1

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I turned on to see them 2-0 up after 15 mins or whatever and switched right off.

No competitive match to be had after that.

Don't know if that makes me a crap football fan.

Was far more fun the bits of the Croatia Japan game I caught earlier. 

• Like 3

• Backroom
2 hours ago, roverandout said:

True but I'm not contradicting myself.  I just think mbappe factor will do us. If walker can have the game of his life then we have a chance but we need to double up on him

Doesn't need the game of his life. Just the same game he had twice already vs PSG. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

What I don’t like about Brazil is the prolonged celebrations involving the whole team for minutes on end. I think it’s disrespectful to your opponents. A handshake and a pat on the back was good enough for Dougie.

• Like 7