BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

Really pleased Argentina won and Messi was brilliant, and I’ve seen Pele at his peak and he would be one of the first to congratulate Messi as one of the greats. 
The hatred for the Argies comes from the Falklands conflict, get over it, that’s one we won. 
I have been to Argentina a number of times since the conflict and have never experienced any anti British animosity. A wonderful country and really friendly people, unless you’re at a River Plate v Boca Juniors match. 

Edited by Ianrally
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

I am also of the opinion that Morocco will win this WC. FIFA will wet themselves that to have the competition in an Arab Muslim country has been vindicated by a Morocco victory. It’s written in the stars ( crescents)

Might be Ironic with Pele on his deathbead. Did he not predict an African World Cup winner (granted he said before 2000) 

• Like 1

It sounds excessive but its been one of the privileges of my lifetime to have lived through the Messi era. The man is 35 and still the world's greatest player. His consistency this world cup has been scarey.

He does it every single game. The greatest dribbler, finisher, passer and playmaker. It'll be a sad day when he retires. The Messi love in from pundits is simply because there are no words to describe just how good he is. Even the doubters are being silenced by his performance this world cup. I'll be cheering like an Argentinian on Sunday.

• Like 7

We will never have that winning mentality that Argentina Germany Italy France Brazil have.  Its not a particularly good Argentina side yet though are in the final while people are patting England on the back for playing well against France and losing.  I have never bought into this well done England for playing well tripe. Winners and losers

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Unbelievable that people exist who don’t think Messi is the best footballer to ever play the game. Magician. Won’t be seen again.

One of yes but the best,it's a no from me.You got the right country but the wrong player.

53 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

fantastic little player who you would gladly pay to watch,below pele,maradona,zidane and quite a few others in the all time ranking list imo

‘Fantastic little player’. It’s like Redknapp talking about Kranjcar! You also keep saying Zidane. Unbelievable player but he does not hold a candle to Messi. I’m sure he’d admit it himself.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ianrally said:

Really pleased Argentina won and Messi was brilliant, and I’ve seen Pele at his peak and he would be one of the first to congratulate Messi as one of the greats. 
The hatred for the Argies comes from the Falklands conflict, get over it, that’s one we won. 
I have been to Argentina a number of times since the conflict and have never experienced any anti British animosity. A wonderful country and really friendly people, unless you’re at a River Plate v Boca Juniors match. 

Did you get to the derby game whilst in Argentina @Ianrally?

On my bucket list, maybe next year.

1 hour ago, Darrenbot said:

One of yes but the best,it's a no from me.You got the right country but the wrong player.

I hope you don’t mean the great footballer but out an out cheat and despicable excuse for a human being with the name M*******a

14 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

Yes I did Gav, the most frightening football experience you can ever imagine. You must do it if you can though.

You lucky man! I have been fortunate enough to watch Boca at La Bombonera, albeit not in the derby. An insane experience as you say. Their fans are on another level.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

We will never have that winning mentality that Argentina Germany Italy France Brazil have.  Its not a particularly good Argentina side yet though are in the final while people are patting England on the back for playing well against France and losing.  I have never bought into this well done England for playing well tripe. Winners and losers

My thoughts exactly. The entire game against France I felt we played well, probably deserves the victory, but deep down, at no point did I think we'd win. It's the intangible final few % the top clubs and nations squeeze out of themselves which edges them over the line. We don't have that mentality. 

I felt Kanes response which was something along the lines of "its hurts right now, but these things happen, I'll pick myself up and come back stronger" typified it. No mate, it's the world cup. If its not do or die you'll always be a nearly man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ben_the_beast said:

I felt Kanes response which was something along the lines of "its hurts right now, but these things happen, I'll pick myself up and come back stronger" typified it. No mate, it's the world cup. If its not do or die you'll always be a nearly man.

That's Kanes career summed up. Never pulls his team through the big games and to victory like a proper world class player does.  Spurs or England he's a serial loser,  no charisma, and no leadership qualities.  Sadly for us he'll be banging them in during the qualifiers and then he'll be back in situ for the Euros where we will have a repeat performance......and it goes on. Southgate go now.

7 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

That's Kanes career summed up. Never pulls his team through the big games and to victory like a proper world class player does.  Spurs or England he's a serial loser,  no charisma, and no leadership qualities.  Sadly for us he'll be banging them in during the qualifiers and then he'll be back in situ for the Euros where we will have a repeat performance......and it goes on. Southgate go now.

So he's not world class in your opinion. But he's surely still the best we've got. What do you want him to do? Retire?

Southgate has completely changed the narrative about the English national team, and his results in big tournaments are incredible. There's an awful lot of good teams go into each of these tournaments and there can be only one winner each time. England under Southgate have consistently punched at & above their weight. It's hard for many to accept that that doesn't necessarily mean we win the tournaments, but there's a very strong likelihood that whoever comes next won't do as well.