BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

4 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

I think people are getting too hung up on which position we should be prioritising. We spent all summer buying squad players who haven't really worked out. If we can get a player in who walks into our starting 11 and improves us. And the right deal can be done we should do it. Especially when we are somehow still in the top six despite a huge slump. A few new faces might add a bit of impetuous we go on a run and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE beat the dingles.

What?

Hyam and Brittain are better than the players they replaced and improved our starting XI (and I was a big fan of Nyambe). Szmodics has been very useful too, just sadly very injury prone this season.

The permanent deals have been very good. The loans have been so-so. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

Its Sorba Thomas on loan. Done and dusted. 

Why are we signing a winger on loan?? I get it if its someone whose become available who is decent for the long term and we sign perm even if we don't need them right now. But why sign a player in a position we are well covered for half a season. Especially when we desperately need central strikers? 

Looking forward to eating my words if he turns out a good un. But seems strange.

• Like 1

Really don’t rate this move. Loan without an option to make permanent. 

Where does this signing fit into the project then? It’s a pointless move that will just block Dolan/Markanday’s progress. 

Either sign him permanently or on loan with a buy option. Straight loan from a Championship rival is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

What?

Hyam and Brittain are better than the players they replaced and improved our starting XI (and I was a big fan of Nyambe). Szmodics has been very useful too, just sadly very injury prone this season.

The permanent deals have been very good. The loans have been so-so. 

I mean the hirst deal, the mola deal, szmodics as well liked as he is is a back up to dack. Brittain I really like hope he can get a good run of games. And hyam is a huge improvement on Lenihan. Other than those two however none of the other signings have paid off or improved us. They were never going to. Mola came in and couldn't get in the starting 11. Hirst they gave a few starts to and he soon proved he wasn't up to it. 

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I think he's a poor footballer at this level, who at £2m cost a lot more than he should have. P'boro were going to send him on loan to Oxford 6 months before he joined us cos he couldn't get in their L1 team. I bet they can't believe their luck. 

He's not a patch on Dack. 

I'd genuinely take what the Peterborough Chairman says with a pinch of salt. He's a 'character', to put it mildly.

Szmodics is a good player at this level - he's already scored 3 for us (with an assist), it's just a shame he's picked up a number of injuries (including a concussion from a very bad foul). At the moment, with the form Dack is in, he's a lovely option to bring off the bench for 20 minutes - something all the Top 6 teams need. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rover23 said:

Really don’t rate this move. Loan without an option to make permanent. 

Where does this signing fit into the project then? It’s a pointless move that will just block Dolan/Markanday’s progress. 

Either sign him permanently or on loan with a buy option. Straight loan from a Championship rival is ridiculous. 

I don’t get it either, if he plays well either he gets back in at hudds or his price rockets for us to buy , if he doesn’t do well we have wasted money and have a pointless player 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I think he's a poor footballer at this level, who at £2m cost a lot more than he should have. P'boro were going to send him on loan to Oxford 6 months before he joined us cos he couldn't get in their L1 team. I bet they can't believe their luck. 

He's not a patch on Dack. 

Agreed. With our budget these days -at £2million he should be regarded as a first team top player,  not a decent back up to see out games.  If he was £500k fair enough but for what we paid he's a  poor signing.  

• Like 1

This is exactly the type of signing we should be going for. Proven at this level and very unlucky not to he playing in the premier league with Huddersfield this season. Would people rather us get another kid from a premier league side? We give him a chance he does well so gets a run at his parent xlub or a move to a bigger championship side? But has absolutely no intention of signing for us. Or this where there is a very real possiblity if it went well we could get him signed on a permanent deal? No brainer.

• Like 3