BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

Just now, bluebruce said:

I wonder how posters on this board even end up coming across these accounts. Still, even with it being a charlatan's guesswork, I wouldn't be surprised if he's more likely to end up at Boro than us.

Ironically, the profile has said we're after George Francombe from Crawley, who has one League 2 start this season.

Probably more in the wheelhouse of where we're looking at this hour.

1 minute ago, ItsRoverZ said:

How come we take 50 years after we are linked to someone to actually have them through the door? I see other clubs when linked to a player or leading the race they sign within a couple hours 

It's an illusion. Being linked to someone doesn't mean we are actually chasing them. As Rovers fans, we see most of the players we are linked to. For other clubs, we don't, but I guarantee you other clubs are linked with loads of players they never sign too. You'll see a bunch just today if you look, that won't come off, I'm sure.

4 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Ironically, the profile has said we're after George Francombe from Crawley, who has one League 2 start this season.

Probably more in the wheelhouse of where we're looking at this hour.

Indeed. File under "bollocks", as you suggested! There is a lot of guff out there. Soz for posting it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rover23 said:

Sheffield United officially ruling out selling Berge now. He stays until the end of the season. That rules them out of a move for O’Brien.

Tbh I don't see other teams as the problem on this one, it doesn't sound like anyone else is seriously in for him. But I have to question the likelihood of us pulling the finances together. Signed for a Premier League club in the summer, the wages will be above our highest earner. Relying on Forest not wanting those paying in full, or any kind of fee, for a player they signed recently.

2 minutes ago, goozburger said:

By searching "lewis o'brien" and looking at the Tweets.

Fair enough, I don't make much use of Twitter, I think it's thoroughly shit. I wasn't just referring to yours though, there have been plenty in the past posted from Tweeters with new accounts and very few followers, for players we haven't been linked with. I guess those ones were just searching 'Blackburn Rovers transfers' or something.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rover23 said:

Sheffield United officially ruling out selling Berge now. He stays until the end of the season. That rules them out of a move for O’Brien.

A club under embargo still refusing to even consider selling an asset. Perhaps embargoes aren't all they're cracked up to be if you already spent to get good personnel in place.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

So it's a load of tripe, what a relief!

My hatred towards Middlesbrough is already at quite alarming levels, that being true would've been the final straw... probably would've triggered the start of my 'Teeside strangler' arc.

😲😂 Christ, that's dark, but I like dark humour.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

A club under embargo still refusing to even consider selling an asset. Perhaps embargoes aren't all they're cracked up to be if you already spent to get good personnel in place.

They're nailed on to go up. No point selling now.

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

If only the EFL punished them with a 15 point fine, eh?

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

How come we take 50 years after we are linked to someone to actually have them through the door? I see other clubs when linked to a player or leading the race they sign within a couple hours 

we need to be going for players nobody is aware of/wants... that'd show em

7 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

They're nailed on to go up. No point selling now.

Yep, they don't need to twist when sticking will suffice. Because they've invested properly in personnel. Yes, with parachute money from their time in the Prem, which also happened because they brought in the right personnel.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

If only the EFL punished them with a 15 point fine, eh?

I've struggled to understand the variety of punishments handed out over FFP over the years. It's often seemed like they're, ya know, making it all up as they go along... (and perhaps also that having money helps you get out of these scrapes..)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tricky said:

we need to be going for players nobody is aware of/wants... that'd show em

In that case, I think they should make a move for me. I'll be very happy with 1k p/w. I'm 38 and injury prone but I scored 18 goals across my last two 5-a-side matches.

Hang on nevermind, I've just had a call from Middlesbrough...

• Like 1