BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Does a player sign without meeting the manager in person? I'm not sure, does anyone know how normal that would be? 

Abnormal, but it is deadline day. The manager will get on the phone with any perspective signing, and I would imagine Gregg, Steve & a skeleton media team will stay back at Brockhall. If we didn't have a DoF to meet the player in person and judge character, this Birmingham fixture would be making it impossible. As things stand it's doable, just.

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

OK, I'm into panic stations now and thinking logistics.

Rovers usually arrive at away games 60 minutes before the match (I believe?) 

On a good run, without traffic, Brockhall to Birmingham City is 2 hours 30 minutes on a coach.

Rovers kick off at 7:45pm

I reckon we have 36 minutes before the coach leaves for the game and the opportunity for a player to meet the manager before they sign is over. Does a player sign without meeting the manager in person? I'm not sure, does anyone know how normal that would be? 

Went down last night.

Is this 18 good enough for the playoffs? 

Kaminski

JRC     Hyam   Cook Pickering 

Morton O’Brien

Thomas      Dack       BBD

Gallagher

Pears, S.Wharton, Garrett, Buckley, Dolan, Hedges, ‘New striker’ 

Leaves Ayala, Travis, A.Wharton, Phillips, Carter, Edun, Vale, Szmodics, Brittain (injured) all without a spot. 

Whatever new striker comes in at this stage won’t be a starter.

Also blocks the passage of A.Wharton & Phillips, and keeps our most expensive signing of the summer out of the 18. 

This wouldn’t be my 18 by the way but I don’t see JDT ditching Buckley etc any time soon. 

Doesn’t really scream ‘plan’ or ‘project’ either does it?

Just observations. 

• Like 1

Just now, rover23 said:

Kaminski

Morton O’Brien

Gallagher

Leaves Ayala, Travis, A.Wharton, Phillips, Carter, Edun, Vale, Szmodics, Brittain (injured) all without a spot. 

Whatever new striker comes in at this stage won’t be a starter.

Also blocks the passage of A.Wharton & Phillips, and keeps our most expensive signing of the summer out of the 18. 

This wouldn’t be my 18 by the way but I don’t see JDT ditching Buckley etc any time soon. 

Doesn’t really scream ‘plan’ or ‘project’ either does it?

Just observations. 

no gallagher doesnt score enough diaz is off the boil, and morton is garbage 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rover23 said:

Kaminski

Morton O’Brien

Gallagher

Not a chance with Gallagher up top.

Get a striker in and on paper it should be doable, the manager might have other ideas though.

5 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Abnormal, but it is deadline day. The manager will get on the phone with any perspective signing, and I would imagine Gregg, Steve & a skeleton media team will stay back at Brockhall. If we didn't have a DoF to meet the player in person and judge character, this Birmingham fixture would be making it impossible. As things stand it's doable, just.

Does make you wonder why the game couldn't have just been played tomorrow instead.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

On a good run, without traffic, Brockhall to Birmingham City is 2 hours 30 minutes on a coach.

I reckon we have 36 minutes before the coach leaves for the game and the opportunity for a player to meet the manager before they sign is over. Does a player sign without meeting the manager in person? I'm not sure, does anyone know how normal that would be? 

Usually arrive 90 minutes before, but maybe different for mid week. 

Surely a new signing will just speak to JDT on the phone/FaceTime and be handled by Gregg etc. 

It’s also entirely possible that Rovers had an agreement with Birmingham to use their facilities for a medical etc and for the player to complete their move in the midlands, as part of the negotiations of having 2 days notice to sell tickets for this game. 

1 minute ago, MarkBRFC said:

Does make you wonder why the game couldn't have just been played tomorrow instead.

Rovers not alone, Barrow vs Carlisle tonight in the derby.. on deadline day. 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Angry_Pirate said:

The fact Rovers (and Birmingham) preemptively chose to play a match on DD (when even tomorrow would have been equally fine/made more sense) tells you everything you needed to know about how today was/is going to go.

I wouldn't put it past Brum's snide owners to do it purposely to have the excuse lined up for shit/no signings, and Waggot to completely miss it, the daft prick.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, J*B said:

1990s.

Roy Keane ready to sign for Rovers

Office closed for the weekend. Jobsworth security only on the door

Fergie nips in and Keane joins United

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Not sure how reputable this Alan Richardson from Twitter is, but he says O'Brien to Rovers is off, and he's on the way to Middlesbrough.

He jointed Twitter today and has 0 followers, so not very. I would be surprised if he joins us though.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Not sure how reputable this Alan Richardson from Twitter is, but he says O'Brien to Rovers is off, and he's on the way to Middlesbrough.

follows 6 people, has an embedded link that goes to some crypto page and the profiles first post was 1 hour ago.

I put it in the file marked bollocks. Probably some kid using ChatGPT or something.

Edited by TugaysMarlboro
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I don’t even know who the bloke is, but I’ve been waiting for the move to break down all day. It’s the Rovers way under this lot.

13 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I would imagine there would need to be medical staff there too along with Ian Sylvester (or similar) to ensure the registration documents and contracts are registered on time.

Oh I nearly forgot a functioning fax machine 😁😁

1 minute ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

follows 6 people, has an embedded link that goes to some crypto page and the profiles first post was 1 hour ago.

I put it in the file marked bollocks. Probably some kid using ChatGPT or something.

I wonder how posters on this board even end up coming across these accounts. Still, even with it being a charlatan's guesswork, I wouldn't be surprised if he's more likely to end up at Boro than us.

• Like 1