BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

Just watched Greggs interview.

Really refreshing to hear feedback. I’m not sure what is meant by “do both players still want to come?” Does that mean if the appeal is won? Or like to try again next season? If the latter, no way O’brien or Forest will want to come back. Of course GB will say that on this interview. He’s not exactly going to say “no LOB is disappointed and doesn’t want to come”

For me there’s more to it but we will never know. Lessons to be learnt. GB has to make this summer a success. IF not then we all know he isn’t up for it. He’s got pressure from us fans & JDT, because the manager won’t hang around.

Other clubs seem impressed with the honesty and interview which you have to credit so fair play.

• Like 2

Not making excuses for the club at all but you could throw into the mix that any player unsure about who they want to play for on the morning of deadline day is partly to blame if a deal doesn't go through on time, particularly when that club has been interested for weeks. Why are you hanging around waiting on one club that's under a transfer embargo!

Deadline Day signings are always better if they're a surprise extra, not absolutely necessary to recover your window.

Long story short, we left it too late as usual and got royally found out but it's also uncovered some major problems. Like Broughton said the club will have learned a lot, or you'd at least like to think so for once! Either way someone has to lose their job over this and I'd rather it's not Broughton.

That's your cue Steve W and take whoever didn't file it on time with you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Really refreshing to hear feedback. I’m not sure what is meant by “do both players still want to come?” Does that mean if the appeal is won? Or like to try again next season? If the latter, no way O’brien or Forest will want to come back. Of course GB will say that on this interview. He’s not exactly going to say “no LOB is disappointed and doesn’t want to come”

For me there’s more to it but we will never know. Lessons to be learnt. GB has to make this summer a success. IF not then we all know he isn’t up for it. He’s got pressure from us fans & JDT, because the manager won’t hang around.

Other clubs seem impressed with the honesty and interview which you have to credit so fair play.

I think it will ultimately hinge on whether it turns out to be the same old bullshit or a catalyst for change.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

The interviewer was talking about the immediate future - i.e. there's a good chance both players have been soured on a transfer to Blackburn Rovers now so wouldn't come even if we won the appeal(s).

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

It's obvious they've spent too long having something to eat or he wouldn't have mentioned it.  My opinion 

Yeh, people in senior positions can't wait to throw themselves under the bus. He's not dropping breadcrumbs to try and get himself sacked, he's just explaining what the day entailed. He probably only mentioned it to try show we were taking care of the player (as the overall cockup certainly wasn't taking care of him) and that various things go into a deadline day.

When he said there were things outside of our control, I hardly think he means he intends to submit in the EFL appeal that the waiting service took too long.

Whilst I'm on the topic of these things allegedly outside of our control...I do understand why he isn't talking about them yet, and agree. It could damage the appeal (hell, I think the interview already did that, by acknowledging we shoulder some of the blame and that he takes full responsibility). However, once the appeal is inevitably rejected, we sure as shit better hear what these supposed factors were. The local journos better not forget to follow up.

28 minutes ago, vyeo said:

Fully agree. I thought Broughton's move to front the interview and claim responsibility was pretty much textbook leadership, and certainly in line with my personal leadership philosophy and training. It looks to me like Broughton has been through a series of formal MBA and leadership training, and he strikes me as someone who has a clear sense of direction and strong convictions.

With regard to the interview, I thought Broughton made his points well and sent the right messages to different stakeholders. The overall message of yes, we screwed up, but let's look forward, was pragmatic and pitched at the right level - I think he was speaking to everyone - players, employees, fans, and this is really all we can do now as a club.

What I liked more were the extras:

I like that there was a subtle challenge thrown in to the current group of players - by saying that we were looking for players with the X-factor, the self-critical player would hopefully get the message that they need to pull up their socks. (I just hope they get the message!)

My personal favourite was the passive-aggression observation about how we had followed the decade-long process, and it's been proven to be not good enough. In one go, he was taking the public hit, and at the same time, criticising the shit-show within the enabling functions of our organisation.

I just hope the loons in Pune notice this and back the right horse - it's clear that the club needs a transformation to enable us to compete with our structural constraints. At this point, I would be comfortable with GB taking on the CEO role, and confident that he would do a better job that Waggott.

Christ, how easily some people are duped.

If Waggott is fired and replaced by Broughton in the immediate aftermath of this once the appeal is rejected then I will apologise as I've will obviously have read it wrong. But I highly doubt he will be. It'll be business as usual, happy days.

• Like 2

Forest manager Steve Cooper on the O'Brien farce in the NET which puts Rovers' PR spin on all this into perspective

"It wasn’t us, that’s for sure. Even though we’ve ended up with the problem, it wasn’t us. It won’t take a genius to work out what’s happened. I hope some questions are getting asked over there, in Lancashire.

“We will look after Lewis. We won’t let him down. We’ll try to treat him like a professional footballer who works hard and cares about his career. We’ll try to treat him as best we can

"He’s frustrated. Through no fault of his own, he’s embarrassed.

“We made the decision that he could go. It wasn’t a straightforward decision or an easy one. I imagine our supporters quite like Lewis, the attributes he has and the energy he plays with.

“It wasn’t a straightforward decision to let him go, but we felt it was the correct one - not just for him, but also for us, so he could carry on developing - because he’s not that old, even though he has played a lot of games.

Once you make the decision for our player, you expect it to be respected by other parties. Let’s just say, I hope we treat our players better.”

• Like 4

"Infact at 10.50 I got the green light that it had all gone through. We weren’t celebrating, but we were certainly saying ‘what’s next, what’s training going to look like"

This quote is saying all paperwork submitted 10 minutes before deadline. So suggests to me there were errors or omissions in the registration documents?

Which if that is the case, that is so shocking and sad.

• Like 2

Don't think I've felt as much anger (both personally and across the fan base more generally) for a good few years. 

I think some people are getting sucked in by the PR exercise interview. Yes it's good to finally see some communication but ultimately accepting responsibility is meaningless. We're in a holding period at the moment, as soon as the appeal is (inevitably) rejected, the truth of exactly what happened needs to come out and heads need to roll.

If I was JDT i'd be strongly considering my position. We're a very poorly run football club, with no ambition to actually get out of this league. The more I reflect, the more I think it's remarkable we're anywhere near the play off places with the current resources he has.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Yeh, people in senior positions can't wait to throw themselves under the bus. He's not dropping breadcrumbs to try and get himself sacked, he's just explaining what the day entailed. He probably only mentioned it to try show we were taking care of the player (as the overall cockup certainly wasn't taking care of him) and that various things go into a deadline day.

When he said there were things outside of our control, I hardly think he means he intends to submit in the EFL appeal that the waiting service took too long.

Whilst I'm on the topic of these things allegedly outside of our control...I do understand why he isn't talking about them yet, and agree. It could damage the appeal (hell, I think the interview already did that, by acknowledging we shoulder some of the blame and that he takes full responsibility). However, once the appeal is inevitably rejected, we sure as shit better hear what these supposed factors were. The local journos better not forget to follow up.

Fuck man, we messed it up. We had 31 days to find 2 strikers. LOB wasn't even what we needed, and was more just us lucking into that situation. 

The fact that we would have ended up with no striker is a farce. I don't care about Undav or Kone failure, the fact of the matter is this, we had enough time to find a striker that was capable of starting games. 

The Broughton interview is just a way to get certain fans to feel sorry for him, but in reality he and the entire board need to be sacked. Everytime we fuck up, Broughton will say some nice things, and fans will bow down again. We are a Joke of a club, run by morons 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Displaced Rover said:

Don't think I've felt as much anger (both personally and across the fan base more generally) for a good few years. 

I think some people are getting sucked in by the PR exercise interview. Yes it's good to finally see some communication but ultimately accepting responsibility is meaningless. We're in a holding period at the moment, as soon as the appeal is (inevitably) rejected, the truth of exactly what happened needs to come out and heads need to roll.

If I was JDT i'd be strongly considering my position. We're a very poorly run football club, with no ambition to actually get out of this league. The more I reflect, the more I think it's remarkable we're anywhere near the play off places with the current resources he has.

Exactly 

19 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Forest manager Steve Cooper on the O'Brien farce in the NET which puts Rovers' PR spin on all this into perspective

"It wasn’t us, that’s for sure. Even though we’ve ended up with the problem, it wasn’t us. It won’t take a genius to work out what’s happened. I hope some questions are getting asked over there, in Lancashire.

“We will look after Lewis. We won’t let him down. We’ll try to treat him like a professional footballer who works hard and cares about his career. We’ll try to treat him as best we can

"He’s frustrated. Through no fault of his own, he’s embarrassed.

“We made the decision that he could go. It wasn’t a straightforward decision or an easy one. I imagine our supporters quite like Lewis, the attributes he has and the energy he plays with.

“It wasn’t a straightforward decision to let him go, but we felt it was the correct one - not just for him, but also for us, so he could carry on developing - because he’s not that old, even though he has played a lot of games.

Once you make the decision for our player, you expect it to be respected by other parties. Let’s just say, I hope we treat our players better.”

Again, not defending us but…

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/nottingham-forest-transfers-tobias-figueiredo-6588128

Late submission of paperwork you say…

• Like 3