BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (h) - 10/12/2022

15 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Yes, I do a drill with my 13 year olds with a back 3 and a deep lying midfielder coming to accept the ball on the half turn/pivot....Travis has his body position wrong every time he receives the ball, Kaminski makes poor decisions about when and who to pass to and the other 3 just don't seem to want the ball at their feet.  Lowe must have been pissing himself.

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

Pass and move can work but it has to be done with pace and two touches. We have far too many players who are slow in the footballing mind and execution of play. It's incredible that Tomasson hasn't worked this out yet.

Maybe he's persisting with the current tactics to try and improve the players in this area Tony. You're right we don't have the players to play this way, but with practice we could have.

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

Maybe he's persisting with the current tactics to try and improve the players in this area Tony. You're right we don't have the players to play this way, but with practice we could have.

We are 22 games in Gav and to many it's apparent that some of our players simply aren't capable of carrying out his way of playing. There hasn't been any indication that they can neither. So how long does he persist with it? It's already cost us several goals and given up numerous chances to the opposition. There is some suggestion that he will bring players in that can play this way and that will be at the expense of those who just aren't good enough. What is frustrating is that he keeps trying it and it's patently not working. It's hurting us and will continue to do so I believe.

3 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yes, I do a drill with my 13 year olds with a back 3 and a deep lying midfielder coming to accept the ball on the half turn/pivot....Travis has his body position wrong every time he receives the ball, Kaminski makes poor decisions about when and who to pass to and the other 3 just don't seem to want the ball at their feet.  Lowe must have been pissing himself.

That’s what’s worrying, they can’t even get the basics right.

20 hours ago, 47er said:

But we have a more talented squad than the last 2 performances have shown. We've given 7 goals away in those 2 games and scored one.

I accept Rome wasn't built in a day and all that but if he picked the best eleven, played them in the right places, didn't change the side every week so that confidence could grow, surely we'd do far better than this?

Which players are improved since he came? Not John Buckley who was a regular. Neither Wharton in for the Burnley game---how crazy is that?

This project is starting to go very wrong, we can't blame Mowbray for this collapse. Its been alleged that JDT has lost the dressing room, I wouldn't know but they are playing like it.

If true hes lost the dressing room he may has well walk now

3 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

And still demanded the highest of standards - which is what winners do.

They are following his instructions and it is returning a low standard now that is the problem. That is why they'll ask questions of him just like he's asking of them you cannot expect champions league standard football from championship standard players.

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

'It was 2003 lads, not the 90's'

'Well, that changes everything. Let's get behind his shit football'

Let's be winners - I was. Champions League winner, record goalscorer for my country, playing top flight football across Europe, playing in 2 world cups, winning 2 titles as a manager - match that .

No, go along with those whose collective achievements are like 1% of that.

That way disaster lies.

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

Let's be winners - I was. Champions League winner, record goalscorer for my country, playing top flight football across Europe, playing in 2 world cups, winning 2 titles as a manager - match that .

No, go along with those whose collective achievements are like 1% of that.

That way disaster lies.

Utterly meaningless. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Cabals in dressing rooms need to be rooted out - even clubs like Liverpool and Manchester United found that out.

Managers rarely survive when players decide they've no credibility and effectively go on strike

4 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

A player who might have thrived with Tomasson's way of playing is Joe Rothwell (late of this parish). He was at his best running at pace with the ball from deep - and he would have had plenty of opportunities under the current set-up. This isn't a Rothwell love-in - he was very inconsistent and could go missing in games - but we don't have a player like that now.

• Like 7