BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (a) - 25/2/23

Wow wow wow what a game I must be into S and M as being a fan who mostly attends away games and not home games I get use to seeing Rovers lose a lot over the years.

it is a strange as when I look at our squad it really looks average but something is clicking and I can’t quite guess what. Whether it is JDT or not but he may be the reason. QPR I think I have only seen us win once in numerous years, but apart from a nervy 20 minutes i was actually incredibly relaxed. Great goals Trav is back, Bucko is getting there but still needs to step up for me he gave away the ball at silly times or got out muscled.
JDT said he expected us to improve after the World Cup and to his credit we have. Agreed on the the football being dire and agreed it can be frustrating. But those who want him gone must clearly be delusional at this point. 
4th in the league with the squad we have while developing assets. We can talk about Pears Carter JRC emergence, we are slowly building towards something quite interesting. I am not a JdT fan boy either but I give credit for the fact we are where we are. If we stay in the play off then wow give this man some more money in the transfer window and let him put his mark on this club 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roverstdt said:

Wow wow wow what a game I must be into S and M as being a fan who mostly attends away games and not home games I get use to seeing Rovers lose a lot over the years.

it is a strange as when I look at our squad it really looks average but something is clicking and I can’t quite guess what. Whether it is JDT or not but he may be the reason. QPR I think I have only seen us win once in numerous years, but apart from a nervy 20 minutes i was actually incredibly relaxed. Great goals Trav is back, Bucko is getting there but still needs to step up for me he gave away the ball at silly times or got out muscled.
JDT said he expected us to improve after the World Cup and to his credit we have. Agreed on the the football being dire and agreed it can be frustrating. But those who want him gone must clearly be delusional at this point. 
4th in the league with the squad we have while developing assets. We can talk about Pears Carter JRC emergence, we are slowly building towards something quite interesting. I am not a JdT fan boy either but I give credit for the fact we are where we are. If we stay in the play off then wow give this man some more money in the transfer window and let him put his mark on this club 

It is my understanding that there is pleasure to be derived from S&M. Following Rovers away however.....

• Like 1

Gareth Aisworth cracks me up. Looks like he should be in a 1970s pub rock band, not a football manager. And I can't imagine QPR fans will be overly impressed with these comments! Imagine if our new manager said that about another club who just battered us in the Championship after finishing between 8th and 15th in the last three season.

"Going in at 1-1 against a team who came here and probably expected to win, and the whole world expected them to win. It’s Blackburn Rovers, the big club that they are in this league,” he added"

As a Blackburn Rovers supporter though I am a big fan. Though much happier we have JDT I have to say.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

First goal was a header from a couple of yards. He was in the right place but then a decent centre forward should be. 2nd goal was laid on a plate by JRC

Let's not get carried away. He had one of his better games but his all round general play was again not very good. He needs to score more regularly to make up for the deficiencies in the rest of the game. 

I am not comparing him with Pele after Saturday, but he's had a lot of stick recently. He should be scoring on a more regular basis.

I missed the game on saturday due to my wife's very selfishly placed birthday.... just watched it all back though. 

Have to say very impressed alround by the performance. When we played 4231 start of the season we were very narrow and tended to play in front of rather than behind teams, but since we reverted to this formation in Jan we've been getting more and more direct, particularly with the addition of Thomas, and two fantastic performances from Brittain and JRC on the overlap with lots of width. Gallagher actually got in the box repeatedly in a way I haven't seen in a long time. We had 3 or 4 players in the box ready for a cross over and over again. 

QPR were poor, so it's hard to know how it will translate against better sides, but lots of reasons for hope. 

When Dack and Brereton went off injured last week I said at the time that it might actually lead to us playing better not worse, and so its proved. Szmodics and Dolan (the two beneficiaries from the injuries) were everywhere and excellent. They might not have the quality on the ball of Dack or the physicality of Brereton but to me they looked a lot more consistently effective over the 70 odd minutes they were on. Both also have shown they can score when they get starts. They show a lot more for a penetrating ball in behind than either Dack or BBD who both prefer to pick up the ball deeper. And their workrate is ridiculous.

It might be a long road for BBD and Dack to get back in the side.

Sheffield Utd next week will be the real test to see how much we have really improved.

p.s. thought Trav was on his way out of the club a few weeks ago, but he's maybe having the best spell he's ever had for us. Crazy turnaround...

• Like 1

I think Pears is more comfortable with the ball at his feet than TK is and that has helped a lot with the passing out from the back. They are mostly simple passes, but getting angles just right is really important if you’re trying to build, even if there’s not much pressure on the ball. 

TK is a great keeper, but I do wonder if JDT might be thinking about whether he’s the right fit for us medium term. 

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Possibly, but they will also create more chances for him. He never really got a chance at Rovers, he was unfit after not having a pre-season and we've continually created fuck for most of this season. Ironically, if we'd had him playing the last couple of months when we've actually started to create a bit more he may have scored the 2 or 3 goals we've needed to make the play-offs. 

I happen to think that your right.