BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (a) - 25/2/23

18 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

For the record, just to put this shite about me siding with the club to bed. I really liked Lenihan and Rothwell and I didn’t want to lose them…Hyam and Lenihan would’ve been class and we haven’t replaced Rothwell. They were both good players, unlike Nyambe. 👍🏼

The club clearly wanted to keep Lenihan and Rothwell more than they wanted to keep Nyambe. Even those with only 'outside' info can tell that. You yourself though said the club even withdrew their offer to Nyambe. So that only confirms a pattern of you going along with what the club want to do and their verdict on players.

Fairly sure you can be found in other places repeatedly defending the failure to get Lenihan and Rothwell onto new deals, despite you really liking them. Pattern confirmed, again.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

The club clearly wanted to keep Lenihan and Rothwell more than they wanted to keep Nyambe. Even those with only 'outside' info can tell that. You yourself though said the club even withdrew their offer to Nyambe. So that only confirms a pattern of you going along with what the club want to do and their verdict on players.

Fairly sure you can be found in other places repeatedly defending the failure to get Lenihan and Rothwell onto new deals, despite you really liking them. Pattern confirmed, again.

How did they “clearly” want to keep DL and JR more than RN!? All three were offered new deals well ahead of time….the only difference was that Rothwell and Lenihan were good players and got better deals.

Meanwhile, 18 months after I’d made my mind up on RN (an 18 month period where ‘the club’ made at least two attempts to extend his contract - in opposition to my opinion) the guy signed a 1yr contract to play for Wigans U23’s on less money. But yeah… 👍🏼

Edited by Paul Mani

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

How did they “clearly” want to keep DL and JR more than RN!? All three were offered new deals well ahead of time….the only difference was that Rothwell and Lenihan were good players and got better deals.

Meanwhile, 18 months after I’d made my mind up on RN (an 18 month period where ‘the club’ made at least two attempts to extend his contract - in opposition to my opinion) the guy signed a 1yr contract to play for Wigans U23’s on less money. But yeah… 👍🏼

I'll answer you by paraphrasing things you yourself have said. They offered Rothwell and Lenihan better deals and withdrew their offer to Nyambe. Seems pretty clear to me they wanted to keep them more.

You're defeating your own arguments quite effectively.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

Man, I was bored of this Nyambe chat 12 months ago. I’m even more bored of it now. Mani doesn’t rate him, didn’t rate him and thinks both Brittain and JRC are better. Can’t we just leave it there and avoid keep repeating it?

Agreed. Be a lot easier if he stopped dragging it up any time a current RB does well though.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

There were some quotes on LT about it last summer and earlier in the year. Think DL had already had his head turned whereas they thought they could try and persuade RN

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Would that be the Rothwell that had a good 3 month spell then went missing for the rest of last season ? The guy that normally had one good game in 5.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Would that be the Rothwell that had a good 3 month spell then went missing for the rest of last season ? The guy that normally had one good game in 5.

Wasn't impressed with him coming  on for Bournemouth today. Looked nervous. 

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'll answer you by paraphrasing things you yourself have said. They offered Rothwell and Lenihan better deals and withdrew their offer to Nyambe. Seems pretty clear to me they wanted to keep them more.

You're defeating your own arguments quite effectively.

Argh, you’re really struggling with this…they offered ALL THREE new deals. But DL and JR are good players so were offered better deals elsewhere (Middlesbrough and Bournemouth) meanwhile RN had zero offers and shit out when the new regime came in. Because Tony had left and he’s the only one (apart from you and 47, who rated him)

In any case, my opinion on RN was made up 18 months before he left the club. Ergo, my opinion was not linked to the clubs stance…and JDT saw what most of the world see, that he’s crap! No conspiracy. Easy to spot. 👍🏼

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DE. said:

I can remember on FM18 Nyambe having very good physical stats, but quite poor technical stats, and I'd say that's about right. Lad is a great athlete when fit and didn't often lose physical battles, but he also contributed zilch in terms of goals, assists or anything useful from a creative standpoint. He has a skillset which would work in the right system, but I don't think it would suit what JDT is trying to do

Which is why they made minimal effort to re-sign him.

He'd be lovely to have on the books as cover for RB and CB, but he doesn't bring enough to the table going forward to be considered an excellent modern FB. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Argh, you’re really struggling with this…they offered ALL THREE new deals. But DL and JR are good players so were offered better deals elsewhere (Middlesbrough and Bournemouth) meanwhile RN had zero offers and shit out when the new regime came in. Because Tony had left and he’s the only one (apart from you and 47, who rated him)

In any case, my opinion on RN was made up 18 months before he left the club. Ergo, my opinion was not linked to the clubs stance…and JDT saw what most of the world see, that he’s crap! No conspiracy. Easy to spot. 👍🏼

Lol, nah mate I'm not struggling with this at all, you're demolishing your own arguments repeatedly. You just confirmed my quoted post more firmly. Amazing you don't seem to be able to see it. Thought you were going to bed? And I already agreed with JB that this is boring again, so, combined with you beating yourself in this discussion, I'll just leave you to it. Night.

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Exiled in Toronto Mk2 said:

There’d have been no takers on here at the start of the season for a promotion push anchored by Pears, JRC, Carter and two blokes bought in 

Quite rightly too. JDT is working some crazy black magic.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

For the record, just to put this shite about me siding with the club to bed. I really liked Lenihan and Rothwell and I didn’t want to lose them…Hyam and Lenihan would’ve been class and we haven’t replaced Rothwell. They were both good players, unlike Nyambe. 👍🏼

For the record, both Hyam and Carter are better than Lenihan. 

Rothwell got on against City today during Bournemouth's spanking, so he'll be happy...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Which is why they made minimal effort to re-sign him.

He'd be lovely to have on the books as cover for RB and CB, but he doesn't bring enough to the table going forward to be considered an excellent modern FB. 

I think that hits the nail on the head. I'm all for saying that defenders should be there to defend first and foremost, but all decent fullbacks have to bring something offensively too these days. He just wasn't developing in that side of his game.

He only played there a couple of times for us, but I think he could potentially be great on the right side of a back three. Wigan's problem now I suppose. 

Great result and a confident performance, will hopefully do wonders for Gallagher who got the goals his workrate deserves, as for Nyambe he is still a big loss and miles ahead of JRC, you can all convince yourself otherwise but your in a fairytale. He improves his crossing and he is prem quality 

QPR are a really poor team but so are Rotherham, Wigan and Cardiff and we lost to all of them and we have only won 6 away games out of 18. Todays win and the manner of it was important as it looked like a play off chaser swatting aside a much lower team.

7 of our remaining 12 games are at home where our record is excellent but they include some tough games including Burnley, Sheff Utd, Norwich and Luton. Away from home we have Birmingham, Huddersfield and Stoke and we have to look to replicate what we did today and try to give us at least a bit of margin for error.

• Like 4