BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (a) - 25/2/23

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Having a go at him was fine, par for the course, but the slating he’d had on here (forums can be like that, but more surprisingly from a fair few at Ewood, especially after five years of Teflon Tony) has baffled me; ‘clueless’’, ‘no hoper’ etc.

Average budget and players and we’ve not been more than a point from the top 6 all season. Not sure what more he could’ve done?

From my point of view, he’s done exactly what I wanted him to do. The big source of frustration was his stubbornly sticking with the laboured passing style. Lately we’ve been attacking with a lot more intent, playing more direct, clearing our lines, and it looks like prioritising the points instead.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

From my point of view, he’s done exactly what I wanted him to do. The big source of frustration was his stubbornly sticking with the laboured passing style. Lately we’ve been attacking with a lot more intent, playing more direct, clearing our lines, and it looks like prioritising the points instead.

It's no coincidence the change up in playing style is since Thomas came in if you ask me..  

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Preston at home WAS clueless, there's no 2 ways about it. Burnley away was horrendous, but the way they are rolling most teams over that's more inevitable. Wigan at home was awful, Rotherham away absolutely shocking.

No manager is above criticism and he's got some games badly wrong it's as simple as that.

There were several horrendous away performances earlier in the season - some of the worst I’ve seen from a Rovers team. Tomasson deserved criticism for those and he’ll get it again when our fortunes take another dip which they inevitably will. Looking at the big picture though performances are improving lately and he got a lot of things right yesterday. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

It's bonkers that 2 of our best players at the moment, Pears and JRC wouldn't even be here if we'd got a few signings in! Fair bloody play to the both of them.

Maybe that's the kind of shake up that was needed behind the scenes.

11 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

There were several horrendous away performances earlier in the season - some of the worst I’ve seen from a Rovers team. Tomasson deserved criticism for those and he’ll get it again when our fortunes take another dip which they inevitably will. Looking at the big picture though performances are improving lately and he got a lot of things right yesterday. 

i was on the receiving end of three of those dreadful away games😪,anybody who`s been to more deserves a bloody medal,we were truly shocking,signs of recovery lately though,we are moving the ball quicker and are more snapping into tackles with more intent,so there is a big positive for next season(this season was always going to be about transition)it seems jdt has finally got the players doing what he wants them to do just hope he gets backing from the indians and swag

• Like 1

Can I just say, 50 career goals at the age of 27 is insane and I'm not sure why it's being celebrated by the club in respect of someone who is supposed to be a centre forward? This is a man who has half a season of Premier League appearances from nearly 10 years ago...

Maybe if he was a midfielder I could get on board.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Markanday is a puzzling one. Has looked pretty okay when hes played, caused the opposition issues. Quick, direct, can score. Its hard to figure out why no one is playing him, obviously something we can't see 

I watched Markanday a few times for the U21s. He was played as a right winger, and looked awful. To show how bad, it was a toss-up between him and Hirst as to who was the worst. Having said that when he came through the center of the pitch, he looked dangerous, and has a good shot. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

Can I just say, 50 career goals at the age of 27 is insane and I'm not sure why it's being celebrated by the club in respect of someone who is supposed to be a centre forward? This is a man who has half a season of Premier League appearances from nearly 10 years ago...

Yep it's a bit grim for a 6'4" forward who has played his career in the top two leagues.

Lets hope the next 50 come a bit quicker.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

not meaning to sound nasty,but if we are going to progress we need to offload the likes of gallagher,he is`nt going to get any better or suddenly start turning into a 20 goals a season striker,he works his arris off no doubt but if you seriously want to get back in the top flight you need a better centre forward,you could probably say the same about pickering,travis and buckley tbh

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

not meaning to sound nasty,but if we are going to progress we need to offload the likes of gallagher,he is`nt going to get any better or suddenly start turning into a 20 goals a season striker,he works his arris off no doubt but if you seriously want to get back in the top flight you need a better centre forward,you could probably say the same about pickering,travis and buckley tbh

To progress we need to have the replacements already at the Rovers, before players are sold.  

• Like 1

Its been a very good run of results since the debacle that was Wigan at home and taken in isolation even that wasn't a bad result given the latest haul of points. I think its prevalent to point out that Bpool were without doubt the worse side I've seen at Ewood in years and although I didn't go yesterday, QPR rivalled them by all accounts, but we did get respectable results at 2 of the big hitters in WBA and Watford.

Having been beaten down and stamped all over for the past 12yrs by these abysmal owners and successive ridiculous appointments, I'll not be getting carried away. This next run of games will test our credentials as play off candidates, something I never thought I'd be saying at the end of Feb.

Be interesting to see what team JDT picks for Leicester, full strength would be my preference, the football club needs to try and win ever match, the fans deserve that much for the unconditional support throughout this torrid period for the club. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 9

12 hours ago, JohnD said:

I'm bored of this but, final answer, because he wants the defence to play it's way out of tight situations.

In the absence of that tactic the ball would have been hoofed clear.

Where have you been for the last 7 months. Over and out.

There was no way that Carter was trying to play it out in that situation. He miskicked it.

There’s plenty of moments to moan about Tomasson this season but a mistake by a player trying to deal with the ball at speed wasn’t one of them.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

QPR are a really poor team but so are Rotherham, Wigan and Cardiff and we lost to all of them and we have only won 6 away games out of 18. Todays win and the manner of it was important as it looked like a play off chaser swatting aside a much lower team.

7 of our remaining 12 games are at home where our record is excellent but they include some tough games including Burnley, Sheff Utd, Norwich and Luton. Away from home we have Birmingham, Huddersfield and Stoke and we have to look to replicate what we did today and try to give us at least a bit of margin for error.

QPR without Dykes and Willock are a poor team but appointing Critchley was a massive mistake by them. Ainsworth will keep them up but he will need some new signings to improve next season

3 hours ago, Gordon Ottershaw said:

Is anyone going to mention Dolan's touch in controlling  JRC's sublime crossfield pass?

Travis's pass to Szmodics was outstanding and if Kevin De Bruyne did it the media would be mentioning it all day long. 

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

It's no coincidence the change up in playing style is since Thomas came in if you ask me..  

JDT has talk in the past after having players who can run in behind and have pace in the team.