BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wouldn't Rovers already know what is said on here already? Surely that why we have social media officer keeping the club inform our fans opinions? 

Social Media Officer is about content creation and output, rather than spying on online forums.

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wouldn't Rovers already know what is said on here already? Surely that why we have social media officer keeping the club inform our fans opinions? 

Busy guy this social media officer considering he does all the ‘content creation’, he’s Chief Spy, plus all marketing and advertising too by the looks of it…

Edited by Mattyblue

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

thanks @goozburgerfor the reply and everything you do for trying to give an accurate count of the ST sales. 

I don't know why Rovers just don't keep the price constant throughout the summer as people circumstances can changed like working hours or getting a better job. I don't think people at Ewood Park understand that about people living and working with the local area whether its Blackburn, Ribble Valley, Hyndburn, Darwen, etc. 

I was also happy that they were released early but why I such short deadline I don't get cos not everyone can afford it there and then. People might not want to get into debt or other related issues

Completely agree Chaddy. Another point I’ve made repeatedly is why do we ever take season tickets off sale?

For example what if someone who is out of work gets a new job in August, they may have to wait until September til they get paid, but they’d have to wait til Christmas for a half season ticket. I can’t see any reason why we shouldn’t make them available at a pro rata rate, so if they buy one two games into the season they get around £38 off.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

I’ve put this to Waggott and co repeatedly over the last 2 years in pretty simple terms…

You are giving people one, or if they are lucky perhaps 2 paydays to find the money for a season ticket. It’s not enough time, you need to get them on sale earlier. Give them a chance to get the funds together.

I was happy when they were released at the earliest date in living memory, a breakthrough maybe? But no, the earlybird means that there’s a price hike if you haven’t bought within 5/6 weeks… or one payday, two if you are lucky.

The financial services industry is absolutely booming, BNPL, Klarna and the like. 

A "take 3" offer. 3 payments of 100 pounds due by the end of August to pay for a 300 pound season ticket. Does anyone genuinely think that wouldn't work?

What is the response to your comments? Is he just coming back with "we'll look into it" ?

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

Just 5 more "unavailable" seats than there were around 18 hours ago. Sales are going to completely dry up.

My suspicion is Waggott would be delighted with somewhere close to 10,000 after half ST sales in winter, and is probably looking at between 8,000 and 9,000 before the season starts. We'll trickle towards 8,000 now that the "good" price has disappeared. Only a good early window will see us reach more than that, I think. 🙄

It's clear he can hit his targets off 8000 ish ST sales at these high prices. We will probably limp our way there over the rest of the summer, but given the price increase even lower sales will likely see him hit his financial target.

And that's all there is to it. Job done, arse covered, wage justified, bonus paid, box ticked and another year in the job until we do it again.

51 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

The financial services industry is absolutely booming, BNPL, Klarna and the like. 

A "take 3" offer. 3 payments of 100 pounds due by the end of August to pay for a 300 pound season ticket. Does anyone genuinely think that wouldn't work?

What is the response to your comments? Is he just coming back with "we'll look into it" ?

I’d not really considered the idea of Klarna and the like for season tickets. A quick google search shows Hibs, Celtic and Roma all have it as a payment option and It’s probably something every club will jump on soon. I can see them tightening (or implementing) regulation around this type of credit sooner rather than later though, no doubt Rovers will miss the boat.

I have to say that recently the discussions have been a lot more two way, and a lot better received. We should be able to announce some more detail in this soon and provide a lot more depth at our AGM in June. I wasn’t expecting anything remotely dynamic or revolutionary with this seasons offering. The timescales they seem to operate  on wouldn’t allow for it, and the “sign off from India” seem pretty arduous. The ultimate argument is always that failure to hit the revenue target is absolutely unthinkable, and there is a real fear of cutting prices. 

My personal point of view is we need to keep banging the drum and making suggestions (and back them up) over the next few months. If there isn’t a significant change in the clubs approach, and a far more varied/flexible offering for the 24/25 season, I’ll be disappointed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

You assume correctly. I don’t pull any punches myself!
I’m already asking some questions a poster has raised with me today and if anyone else has anything they’d like me to ask- DMs are open….

I can answer all those questions for you with a simple shrug of the shoulders. 

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Completely agree Chaddy. Another point I’ve made repeatedly is why do we ever take season tickets off sale?

I agree with your first part. What did Waggott say to this point? 

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

For example what if someone who is out of work gets a new job in August, they may have to wait until September til they get paid, but they’d have to wait til Christmas for a half season ticket. I can’t see any reason why we shouldn’t make them available at a pro rata rate, so if they buy one two games into the season they get around £38 off.

Excellent point and it can happen to many people in that situation in the current job market. Not everyone is in secure good/decent pay job and Rovers need to understand the variations in the job market and job secure. 

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

Not absolutely confirmed yet but probably 23rd May.

thanks. 

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

I think that wouldn't be bad idea 

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

You assume correctly. I don’t pull any punches myself!
I’m already asking some questions a poster has raised with me today and if anyone else has anything they’d like me to ask- DMs are open….

What is needed is not just to ask the questions, but to push for a real answer, and not be fobbed off. This reply is not aimed at anyone in particular, it is just pointing out what seems to have happened in the past.

23 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Sky Bet Championship | Average Attendances | Home Matches | Football Web Pages

Swag won't be bothered. Only 1.5K less than Preston and with more revenue earned I'd imagine. 

It's still a shit average for us though considering we were in the top 6 for most of the season. Again, though, he won't give a shit. 

We will have had far more walk ons than Preston probably due to performance. But (and I know I sound like a Preston fan) you have to remember they started slowly, didn’t score any goals for 3 months and never really were anything other than mid-table. If you swap seasons they would have averaged much higher that us purely due to the original number of ST sold.

Edited by Hasta

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

We will have had far more walk ons than Preston probably due to performance. But (and I know I sound like a Preston fan) you have to remember they started slowly, didn’t score any goals for 3 months and never really were anything other than mid-table. If you swap seasons they would have average much higher that us purely due to the original number of ST sold.

Don't forget that PNE had a problem with people purchasing Children tickets when they adults. PNE didn't check for number of games before they change the turnstiles entrance for adults only and children only

45 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Don't forget that PNE had a problem with people purchasing Children tickets when they adults. PNE didn't check for number of games before they change the turnstiles entrance for adults only and children only

We have a problem with people buying tickets full stop... 

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

when I purchase a season ticket for my step daughter I had to show them her passport to prove her. This was in 19/20 season

do you think you will get a reply? 

Usually replies, but if he does not then at least i will know he read it.

Not sure what he could respond tbh, they have got this wrong imo

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

when I purchase a season ticket for my step daughter I had to show them her passport to prove her. This was in 19/20 season

But when she used it at the turnstile? 

Trust me it happens. Same as people watching the games online for free.

Edited by Hasta

We were in this exact situation last year and the club saw sense and extended the early bird, we then sold another 1,000 (from the FF minutes, July 2022). So with another hike instead this time we will do well to get close to another 1k from here, so unlikely we even sell 8,000. 

Calamitous.

https://s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/gc-media-assets.gc.roversservices.co.uk/16f0ee50-0d95-11ed-8590-49fc484fe9ce.pdf

IMG_1604.jpeg

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1