BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

25 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

82% of 8,700 is 7,134. 

Plus 540 newbies

= 7,674 is what the current number sold should be if the above is correct. 

Where are you getting 8,700 from?

The July ‘22 fan forum minutes has the figure as 7,800.

edit - I see now it’s from the next minutes…and now I’ve seen your     reply as well 🤓

Edited by wilsdenrover

30 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

We supposedly sold 8,700 full season tickets last summer as per October 2022’s FF minutes. So if 850 haven’t renewed that’s 7,850 that have, thats your starting point before you even get to newbies buying one… yet he comes out with 7,300?

Hmm, all very odd -  but what we do know is whatever figure he finally agrees on it will certainly have surpassed that seemingly very moveable target of his.

yeah, it's bollocks ...... 18% non-renewals based on a figure of 8700 is not 859, it's 1,566. 

To get a figure of 859 non-renewals based on a take-up of 82% would mean we only sold about 4800 ST's last season. 

39 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

We supposedly sold 8,700 full season tickets last summer as per October 2022’s FF minutes. So if 850 haven’t renewed that’s 7,850 that have, thats your starting point before you even get to newbies buying one… yet he comes out with 7,300?

Hmm, all very odd -  but what we do know is whatever figure he finally agrees on it will certainly have surpassed that seemingly very moveable target of his.

@wilsdenrover

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Where are you getting 8,700 from?

The July ‘22 fan forum minutes has the figure as 7,800.

The October 2022 minutes that states the final figure, they were obviously still on sale in July.

IMG_1664.jpeg

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, wilsdenrover said:

6760 (7,300 - 540) is 82% of 8244.

Maybe 8,244 was the sales figure on the same date (last year) on which this year’s update has been provided????

In the July 22 minutes you said the figure sold was 7800....so we can't have sold 8244 in June 22 ????

• Like 1

Firstly I think I should ask Rich Sharpe for a fee for that article. All he has done is pick out some points from the minutes I wrote and made an article out of it.

Unfortunately Rich missed out an important proviso when he quoted the numbers. The 849 is the number of fans who took out a fill ST last season who have not renewed AND are still contactable from the club database. The rest the club cannot contact directly. They have either died, removed themselves from the database or have not given the club approval to be contacted, so they can’t. Obviously they can still do general advertising but they can’t be sent anything directly or be called.

The 7.300 figure was as at last Wednesday. I had some email correspondence with Fraser Read re the numbers after the meeting and he gave me an updated number.

• Like 3

Just now, only2garners said:

Firstly I think I should ask Rich Sharpe for a fee for that article. All he has done is pick out some points from the minutes I wrote and made an article out of it.

Unfortunately Rich missed out an important proviso when he quoted the numbers. The 849 is the number of fans who took out a fill ST last season who have not renewed AND are still contactable from the club database. The rest the club cannot contact directly. They have either died, removed themselves from the database or have not given the club approval to be contacted, so they can’t. Obviously they can still do general advertising but they can’t be sent anything directly or be called.

The 7.300 figure was as at last Wednesday. I had some email correspondence with Fraser Read re the numbers after the meeting and he gave me an updated number.

Just read the minutes and thought that was the reason

I don't know what figures Waggott is basing all this on. At the end of the day, it's tiny margins that he's pinching at.

No matter. We'll get the straight-forward figures without massaged numbers when they turn the fucking seat map back on. Half of me thinks they've turned it off deliberately because they don't want anyone to see how bad it is. It might be my fault. Steve... STEVE... spreadsheet is deleted now, you can turn it back on!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

Why did they give a caveated (still contactable) not renewed figure and not the actual not renewed figure?

Edited by wilsdenrover

It's about this time where a block of 200-300 in the JW upper tier mysteriously become unavailable overnight.

Wonder if we will get another 'prize draw' if we hit 8000 (remember when it was 10,000?) 

Probably not if he's hit his target there's no need for anything else

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

It states in the minutes that the Her Game Too presentation was attached to the minutes but it doesn’t appear to be uploaded. I’d be keen to see that, please could you ask the club to add it?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

It states in the minutes that the Her Game Too presentation was attached to the minutes but it doesn’t appear to be uploaded. I’d be keen to see that, please could you ask the club to add it?

I should have done it but forgot. I will get it done but the technology is currently challenging me on my iPad in London. I will post when I’ve sorted it but it will probably be when I get back home on Tuesday.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I should have done it but forgot. I will get it done but the technology is currently challenging me on my iPad in London. I will post when I’ve sorted it but it will probably be when I get back home on Tuesday.

Thanks John 

Does anyone know what the lowest uptake of season tickets is since venkys came?

Are we on for lots of below 10k attendances this season or are the club expecting more walk ons.

Sw suggested they used data, but if uptake decreasing, then they need to get someone who understands data

6,995 in 2021/22. Luckily that charge up the table in November/December 2021 led to decent half ST sales to mask it a little as we were just about scraping 9,000 gates for night games before Christmas that season. c10k for a weekend game.

If we just about scrape 8k sales by August, I’d imagine a normal Saturday game would see c11k. 🎉

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

What was our average attendance last season, 14k or so?

I imagine that Swag will work on the theory that selling the same number of STs as last season will result in a similar average, assuming that performances are up there.

In which case, job done in his world.

4 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

What was our average attendance last season, 14k or so?

I imagine that Swag will work on the theory that selling the same number of STs as last season will result in a similar average, assuming that performances are up there.

In which case, job done in his world.

Sky Bet Championship | Average Attendances | Home Matches | Football Web Pages