BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

One of the most irritating (it's a big pool to be fair) about Waggott is his reluctance to try anything vaguely innovative like the example from Doncaster. We have become a copy and paste club where the low hanging fruit is the most favourable.

The image of Waggots "Low hanging fruits" is not a pretty one.

• Like 2

I don’t think Waggott or indeed anyone else at the club even attempt to claim that our season tickets offer good value for money. They have been pretty open about the fact they have financial targets to hit and doing so is their absolute priority. The idea is to charge as much as the core market will bear, it’s not to increase support or provide value.

Of course people in the ground don’t think tickets are too expensive for them. If they did they wouldn’t be there! But they are in a ground that is 2/3 empty. 

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, superniko said:

That’s very sad. Sat huddled together complaining about people who have lots of valid reasons to not attend in todays climate. Pathetic. 

No idea who this is even in reply too - lots of people commented on PNE’s free tickets since your first weird post (that must have been some gotcha lightbulb moment in your brain a month after starting your stance). Anyway, all the replies said it’s a great idea. It would cost Rovers the equivalent of a weeks wage (fortnight if popular) from Dack and Ayala (or paying someone 10k a week instead of 11k) - seems very astute in my opinion. 

Besides, how many of PNEs tickets do you think went for free? From latest accounts we had very similar income as clubs.

If you read my quote properly, I put the word "choose" in inverted commas for a reason. Maybe try reading the comment properly. 

Obviously I sympathise with people who can't afford to go, as opposed to those who "CHOOSE" not to go(I've put it in capitals this time as well). 

28 minutes ago, M_B said:

If you read my quote properly, I put the word "choose" in inverted commas for a reason. Maybe try reading the comment properly. 

Obviously I sympathise with people who can't afford to go, as opposed to those who "CHOOSE" not to go(I've put it in capitals this time as well). 

Why would you complain about people who could afford it but choose not to go?

What is the actual complaint?

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Why would you complain about people who could afford it but choose not to go?

What is the actual complaint?

The ones who used to go when the going was good and now choose not to. If we're discounting that argument, then the season ticket sales are fantastic, well up on the pre 90's.

Once again,if people can't afford to go, I really feel for them, but there's another group who have clearly stopped going regularly,for whatever reason. As I said the other day, anyone under 40, a whole generation, can only really remember the good times. This isn't what a lot of them bought into.

4 hours ago, DarthPaul said:

I was talking to a Doncaster Rovers supporter last night who has bought a season ticket at Donny for next year.  He was telling me that if you can't make a match there, providing you give them 24 hours notice they will refund the cost of the game to you as club credit.

Although on a slightly bigger scale, where season ticket waiting lists are long, Rangers do a similar thing and will offer your seat to fellow Rangers members for individual games. 

The modern day Blackburn Rovers are not interested in money/income or growing the brand, they're funded by billionaires, who put zero pressure on the executive team to move the club forward.

• Like 1

• Backroom
19 minutes ago, M_B said:

The ones who used to go when the going was good and now choose not to. If we're discounting that argument, then the season ticket sales are fantastic, well up on the pre 90's.

Once again,if people can't afford to go, I really feel for them, but there's another group who have clearly stopped going regularly,for whatever reason. As I said the other day, anyone under 40, a whole generation, can only really remember the good times. This isn't what a lot of them bought into.

And another generation (anyone about 18 now) believe THESE are the good times…

• Like 2

Another option would be to have a free area for people who simply couldn't afford to go, however cheap it was.  As long as the tickets went to the right people, and if it was done on a virtually season long basis, it could make a massive difference to both Rovers, and their lives.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Mike E said:

And another generation (anyone about 18 now) believe THESE are the good times…

This. For anyone under the age of 21, the only piece of success they've been around for was the League One season. A group of people who are too young to even remember the relative heights of the mid 2000s. Admittedly the ST prices for those under 23 are good compared to the adult prices, but when these young adults turn 23 and their season ticket more than doubles in price, plenty will think twice about renewing. The cut off was 25 for a brief period but this was quietly changed; another one of Waggott's bright ideas. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, M_B said:

Yes, and there are lots of reasons people CHOOSE not to go, of which I find it pathetic that people like yourself sit there complaining about. 

What are these CHOICES that you don't like, as affordability can still be a choice whether you put it in inverted commas, capitals or even underline it? Is it the fact we've the 5th most expensive ticket in the division? Mortgage rates at their highest since relegation? Food banks getting record usage? UK gap between rich and poor increasing every year? Maybe some now have a family? Maybe an illness? Maybe they decided they had other priorities over the pandemic? Whatever it is, it's lovely to hear you and your chums can sit their on the opening day and have a little moan about your fellow fans (whilst you openly admitted not discussing the price structure)

Nothing like kicking our own fan base whilst nodding along to the muppets in charge.

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, superniko said:

Yes, and there are lots of reasons people CHOOSE not to go, of which I find it pathetic that people like yourself sit there complaining about. 

What are these CHOICES that you don't like, as affordability can still be a choice whether you put it in inverted commas, capitals or even underline it? Is it the fact we've the 5th most expensive ticket in the division? Mortgage rates at their highest since relegation? Food banks getting record usage? UK gap between rich and poor increasing every year? Maybe some now have a family? Maybe an illness? Maybe they decided they had other priorities over the pandemic? Whatever it is, it's lovely to hear you and your chums can sit their on the opening day and have a little moan about your fellow fans (whilst you openly admitted not discussing the price structure)

Nothing like kicking our own fan base whilst nodding along to the muppets in charge.

All valid points, but I was talking about the ones who don't go any more using the Venkys card, and other bull reasons. 

You got it wrong,you've now gone off at a different tangent, stop digging. 

Edited by M_B

2 hours ago, M_B said:

As I said the other day, anyone under 40, a whole generation, can only really remember the good times. This isn't what a lot of them bought into.

I wouldn't say it's that. Why were crowds still healthy in 99/00 and 00/01 if fans only want Premier League football? It's more to do with how recklessly and stupidly our solid position has been dismantled and thrown away by morons who know nothing about football.

Morons who have, and who continue to, take the piss out of fans since their arrival in 2010. They do not respect the club or the fans, therefore thousands have told them to piss off in the best way they can think of.

Despite all of the above, there is still a load of the fan base that speaks of their generosity, how good it is that they are still funding us and how we could be like Wigan or Bury without them. Am I missing something here? It is their duty to pay the bills as owners. This is not some noble gesture.

They've turned us from a solid Premier League outfit to a Championship creche, scratching around for frees and loans, with PR making out players like Ennis are top signings. Yet we're expected to be grateful to them and "be careful what you wish for". Baffling. Absolutely baffling.

What you fail to acknowledge and understand is that what these owners have done to the club is unbearable for many. There are fans who refuse to give them a penny, fans who won't set foot in the place until they are gone. That's their way of dealing with it.

I don't say there's thousands waiting to make a return, many are likely gone for good, but to make out Venky's are just being used as an excuse is majorly insulting. Topping it off with Shearer and 'no Premier League' jibes, well, what can be said about that, without getting banned on here?

The situation at the club is a joke. Only, no one's laughing. Standards are being lowered further and further by the year, with berks like Swag front and centre, but instead of any complaints, it's all being embraced with toxic positivity. Ensuring the club stays head down, under water.

Anybody who speaks out against this or makes a stand is deemed "negative" and a "shit fan". Make it make sense. Those "negative" fans fiercely want the club to improve, that's why they call it out!

Some of the excuses being made for these owners and their lapdogs are, honestly, unbelievable.

• Like 7

Here’s the thing with some saying good value, and buying a season ticket at all costs. between me and my wife we both earn substantially over the national average salary and earn good money. So affording one has never been an issue. But when your bills go up nearly 600 quid a month that income squeeze makes you revaluate , suddenly a season ticket isn’t appealing with the complete lack of flexible options. When you then factor in the poor pricing and food options for match day catering, not renewing is easy. If i wanted to go match by match the standard match day pricing isn't an incentive to then go either, the match day experience is rubbish. I suspect I’m not the only one that thinks that way. I’m totally disillusioned with Rovers they don't care about the fans, so why should i feel the same way, its easy to become disinterested.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, M_B said:

All valid points, but I was talking about the ones who don't go any more using the Venkys card, and other bull reasons. 

You got it wrong,you've now gone off at a different tangent, stop digging. 

No you weren’t - you just threw out a completely vague message that you complain to those around you about the fact people choose not to come, and additionally stated none of you complain about or mention the price. 

Pricing is the underlying reason we’ve sold 8k and not the 12k+ that our very similar demographical rivals get - if you feel the need to get together and complain about your fellow fan base you should at least point it in the correct direction. 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, superniko said:

No you weren’t - you just threw out a completely vague message that you complain to those around you about the fact people choose not to come, and additionally stated none of you complain about or mention the price. 

Pricing is the underlying reason we’ve sold 8k and not the 12k+ that our very similar demographical rivals get - if you feel the need to get together and complain about your fellow fan base you should at least point it in the correct direction. 

I've said time and again on here that I don't believe people who use the Venkys as an excuse. Don't try to tell me what I was thinking. 

You jumped on my comment and completely missed the use of the word "choose" . 

As I said, your points were valid, but you've now moved the goalposts to cover up your mistake. Other than that, I agree with what you say. People are struggling, cheaper tickets would definitely help, whether £100  would make a 5 or 6000 difference like Bolton, I very much doubt. But as some have said, maybe give it a try. 

The one thing I would add is that they would have to knock off £100 from the  existing 8000+ season ticket holders. Thats a massive deficit before we start. 

31 minutes ago, M_B said:

People are struggling, cheaper tickets would definitely help, whether £100  would make a 5 or 6000 difference like Bolton, I very much doubt. But as some have said, maybe give it a try. 

Bolton’s are not far off half our price that’s why they sell so many.

But the PNE 12k? Of course we could.

Don't forget that when they slashed prices PNE also had the wherewithal to promote it with proper advertising. That included a sustained online campaign of advertising but also the good old fashioned approach of sticking leaflets through letterboxes.

That included them distributing pricing info around houses in Garstang

Waggott has done nothing of the sort. Efforts to advertise limited to occasional twitter / Facebook posts and as for making an effort outside of BWDBC area the last I heard was that we have a new excuse there which is that we can't target areas further away through fear of upsetting the EFL or neighbouring clubs. 

Not sure what they can do to stop us or who gets to decide which areas belong to whom but in my book if PNE are able to target Garstang we have just as much right and reason to.

But when riddled with laziness and corner cutters (pitch, programme, club shop, sponsorship) we know where the problem really lies.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, M_B said:

That’s who you are complaining against but what is the actual complaint?

Of the group I used to go with in the 90s, one has moved about 45 mins away and now has kids. He didn’t get a ST when he moved away and has gradually stopped coming altogether apart from the odd game here and there. He’s brought his young son a couple of times recently.

Another stopped going because he was pissed off that Kean wasn’t sacked and didn’t want to go whilst Kean was in charge as he felt he was having the piss ripped out of him. That first two seasons in the championship were a shambles off the pitch so he didn’t go back. Now he just does other stuff at the weekend .He will come now and again, generally if we have a night out planned after, but says he honestly doesn’t miss it.

The third, interestingly, stopped having a ST as he was missing a lot of games due to shifts. The only time he got one was in the Darwen End when they were reduced to £199, but still ended up missing a few and didn’t renew. He still goes on the freebies from our group or for cheap games. He is a prime example of a fan who may be tempted if he thought the cost was cheap enough to fall into his ‘easily disposable’ bracket.

None of them would say “If it weren’t for Venkys I would go back”, although Venkys clearly drove the second lad away.

So my question again, is what are you actually complaining about them?

Out of interest, I think a £200 season ticket with a free kids ticket would interest one and three although I appreciate that’s too big a price drop.

Edited by Hasta