BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

There aren’t 5000 folk staying away because of Venky’s. We all know that. Of the fans that stopped going between 2010 and 2012 many did so because of the results of their decisions certainly, but most of those fans, if they haven’t ever been back by now, are just long out the habit. However there are also plenty of floating fans out there that would be interested in lower prices.

We had 10,000+ ST holders in this division in 2019, so why couldn’t we get to c12k if prices are reduced? PL glory hunters stuff is a red herring, nobody expects PL numbers at any price whilst in this division. But higher than the present pitiful figures? Course we bloody can.

12k would be great, but by the time you've reduced the price for the 8 or 9000 regulars in line with the newbies, would it pay the bills? And obviously, the more you reduce the price, more would have to be sold to make up the difference. If they haven't polled former ticket holders, then they need to. 

I'd love to fill the bottom tiers, I'd be happy if the club had a 2000(?) free section for people who want to go but simply can't afford. 

Edited by M_B

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

12k at £275-£350 instead of 8.5k at £375-£450… do the math(s).

So then the question is, do you think those prices would tempt people enough to sell another 3.5k?

I'd be extremely dubious at those prices personally, but hopefully you're right.

It should definitely help to prevent any fall off of any existing holders for next season. 

1 hour ago, M_B said:

The ones who say they stay away because of Venkys, I've never believed it, I think they're staying away because we're not a Prem club any more. It's their choice, but it's also my choice to be able to complain about them. If that doesn't agree with you then fair enough, but I don't care one way or the other, you can agree with me or not. 

OK. But that's different from your original two posts which I have quoted below. In your original posts you sounded like you were just talking about people who could afford to go and decide not to go.  Venkys / The Owners wasn't mentioned. I agree with you to some degree on that point, but I think the number of people who say they don't go because of the owners is fairly small in my experience.

On 12/06/2023 at 13:51, M_B said:

It is true, very rarely if ever do I hear people around us who go to every game complain about prices. We do, I'm being honest, regularly complain about fans who  now "choose" to stay away. 

On 13/06/2023 at 12:15, M_B said:

If you read my quote properly, I put the word "choose" in inverted commas for a reason. Maybe try reading the comment properly. 

Obviously I sympathise with people who can't afford to go, as opposed to those who "CHOOSE" not to go(I've put it in capitals this time as well). 

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Please remind me whose fault it is they have to put money in to keep us afloat?

We all know they made huge mistakes for a number of years. But do you not think the past is the past. Move on. Whether you like them or not, doesn't change the fact they keep us afloat..Would you prefer the owners Wigan have?

Why is the Wigan example trotted out so frequently? Is a valid expectation merely not to have owners that dont pay the bills? Should we be grateful just for that and push everything else under the carpet?

They still make mistakes now. They override offers on players to let players leave for free and continue not to make changes to a set up that is giving us embarassingly low attendances. So our income is stunted. Plus they allow the infrastructure (exempt of FFP) to just get worse. No new pitch still, the ground decaying etc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

The minimum they are required to ensure the club does not break financial rules and for the football financial regulators to stay away

If they wanted to improve the ground, match day experience, facilities and all commercial aspects of the Rovers they could and could do so without breaking any rules

They cover the clubs loses every season. Millions of pounds. Not a few quid is it?

8 minutes ago, Doogs said:

We all know they made huge mistakes for a number of years. But do you not think the past is the past. Move on. Whether you like them or not, doesn't change the fact they keep us afloat..Would you prefer the owners Wigan have?

Why bring Wigan in as an example, why didn't you use Bolton? Personally I can't forget how they have damaged our club, the infrastructure but more importantly Jack's legacy. I won't forgive them for the twelve years of mismanagement when they bought the best run club in the country so I can't or, more importantly will not 'move on' like you advise. I will never be beholden to them for, as you put it keeping us afloat.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Why bring Wigan in as an example, why didn't you use Bolton? Personally I can't forget how they have damaged our club, the infrastructure but more importantly Jack's legacy. I won't forgive them for the twelve years of mismanagement when they bought the best run club in the country so I can't or, more importantly will not 'move on' like you advise. I will never be beholden to them for, as you put it keeping us afloat.

That's up to you. Bolton went bust just like Wigan. Bolton then had new owners who took over. To be fair they have done a good job. But who's to say that would be the case at the Rovers?. You want to carry on with a grudge for 12 years...Sad really..

3 minutes ago, Doogs said:

That's up to you. Bolton went bust just like Wigan. Bolton then had new owners who took over. To be fair they have done a good job. But who's to say that would be the case at the Rovers?. You want to carry on with a grudge for 12 years...Sad really..

This has quickly gotten very deep. All I want is a cheaper season ticket 🤣

• Backroom
1 hour ago, M_B said:

So then the question is, do you think those prices would tempt people enough to sell another 3.5k?

I'd be extremely dubious at those prices personally, but hopefully you're right.

It should definitely help to prevent any fall off of any existing holders for next season. 

I know a dozen off the top of my head, who could’ve afforded to attend at the lower price, but haven’t taken the plunge at the more expensive price.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Doogs said:

They cover the clubs loses every season. Millions of pounds. Not a few quid is it?

Why is that something to be commended?

It is their duty as owners to cover the losses, losses which they are massively responsible for, or they face the consequences. It is not a grand noble gesture.

Instead of pointing towards Wigan, why don't you and others who say the same, ever point towards Brighton and Brentford's owners instead? I thought you all want to be positive and think positively? Is it not positive to want to be where Brentford and Brighton are today? Would you not rather we had their owners instead?

It's a defeatist, shoulder shrugging "oh well, move on", from the "they pay the bills" brigade using Wigan as some sort of weird comfort.

All this under the guise of positivity. A false positivity that does nothing for the wellbeing of Blackburn Rovers, but one which emboldens the chancers within it.

Edited by SuperBrfc
  • Like 5

21 minutes ago, Doogs said:

You say it's up to me and then you say it's 'sad really' that I carry a grudge. Make your mind up.

Meanwhile Rovers slip further into the abyss with only one escape route. And the band played on.

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

You say it's up to me and then you say it's 'sad really' that I carry a grudge. Make your mind up.

Meanwhile Rovers slip further into the abyss with only one escape route. And the band played on.

And rightly so..

16 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Why is that something to be commended?

It is their duty as owners to cover the losses, losses which they are massively responsible for, or they face the consequences. It is not a grand noble gesture.

Instead of pointing towards Wigan, why don't you and others who say the same, ever point towards Brighton and Brentford's owners instead? I thought you all want to be positive and think positively? Is it not positive to want to be where Brentford and Brighton are today? Would you not rather we had their owners instead?

It's a defeatist, shoulder shrugging "oh well, move on", from the "they pay the bills" brigade using Wigan as some sort of weird comfort.

All this under the guise of positivity. A false positivity that does nothing for the wellbeing of Blackburn Rovers, but one which emboldens the chancers within it.

Unfortunately no one is queuing up to procure the Rovers. So please tell me what is the alternative to our current owners. I used Wigan as they went bust...Is that what you wish for?. 

• Moderation Lead
4 hours ago, Doogs said:

They do the bare minimum as owners and there are only such big losses, because of their negligence. 
I’m not showing any gratitude for that I’m afraid.

• Like 4