BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (a) - 28/02/23 (FA Cup 5th Round)

30 minutes ago, superniko said:

I’ll add a real review now I’m a beer in on the M6….

Can’t really fault anyone. I thought Morton was potentially the weakest link but Trav was phenomenal next to him. The crowd were singing for Buckley so everyone started to see it.
When Hedges missed the sitter I thought that was it and we’ll rue the missed the chances (I assume it was as bad on tv angle as it was where we were stood)

I honestly can’t pick stand outs but I’ll go with Dolan and Szmodics. Hats off to JDT he set us up perfectly and it was one of the first times I started to see this ‘high press’. Would have liked to hear a few more JDTs blue and white army based on that  

Best thing….I had a decent lump on Rovers at 10/1ish on Betfair Exchange….tried getting online to hedge at 1-0 and again at 2-0 but no signal in the ground! Saved me wasting any money and keep the full winnings!

It’ll pay for my flights back over on Paddys weekend for the next round!

Edit: no idea why that photo went in upside down

Yep Morton was struggling in there although he put a shift in like the rest i've never seen in him what some think they do.

No negatives tonight though he did his bit we have to use him because of the numbers.

On the other side of the coin i know Leicester were poor and their style is the one we've been waiting for all season but just how comfortable did Dolan look in Premier league company ?

Surely there'll be a few eyes on him now.

• Like 4

One of the great Rovers F.A.Cup performances. The football was so easy on the eye,high press and slick passing in the final third. No wonder the players were tiring towards the end.

Gallaghers tackle to set up the second goal worthy of the great Roberto Boninsegna himself. 

JRC just sensational until injured. Think it wont have gone unnoticed by scouts of other clubs though.

Seriously, what a shift put in by Travis. A true warrior in there.  

In fairness, many Leicester fans quite gracious in defeat.

I really DONT want the Dingles next round, though. Anyone but them!!

• Like 8

I have just done my match ratings. Personally I think it is a tragedy that Morton has an average of 6.8

He had a terrific first 70. Ran out of steam in the end. But this is a 19 year old man who played in a frantic, high paced game and came up against two freshly substituted starting PL central midfielders. He needed taking off and fresh legs putting in 

But make no mistake Tyler Morton was integral to our win today. A really unfortunate score for him imo 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, M_B said:

Thought the BBC commentator did his homework really well, regarding the way the club has progressed it's youth. 

He had JRC's story spot on. 

You don't always get that. 

I was very surprised about his knowledge.  But then he's always been one of my favourite bbc commentators especially with England games

• Like 1

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I have just done my match ratings. Personally I think it is a tragedy that Morton has an average of 6.8

He had a terrific first 70. Ran out of steam in the end. But this is a 19 year old man who played in a frantic, high paced game and came up against two freshly substituted starting PL central midfielders. He needed taking off and fresh legs putting in 

But make no mistake Tyler Morton was integral to our win today. A really unfortunate score for him imo 

#JusticeForMorton I'm gonna go and rate him a 10!

• Like 6

Fucking hell, I’ve been keeping an eye on the result, while getting home from playing football tonight, knowing I’d be desperate to read the responses on here.

What a result, delighted for those who travelled, those who watched at home and everyone on here that something really profound (and it is, don’t forget the relative wage bill, turnover and other infrastructural comparisons) has finally happened for us after the abject defeatism of Mowbray’s Championship years. FA Cup 6th round for a Championship team is a big do, but beating a team like Leicester, when we’re not close to full-strength and having already done it to West Ham this season, is a very, very big do.

Whisper it, but it just might be clicking into a good year.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

Morton played well, in a high performing team tonight.

He does not deserve any criticism for being 8 out of 10 when all the others were 9 or 10 out of 10....

He is a good 18 yr old player who dipped in form after the world cup. Give him a break. 

Isn’t he 20?

• Like 1

Yet again we looked a more balanced and fluid team in attack and general football terms with the biggest named forwards missing.

3rd game in a row it really isn't a coincidence imo.

Not because they are bad players but the system just seems to work better without trying to tailor it for individuals. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Yet again we looked a more balanced and fluid team in attack and general football terms with the biggest named forwards missing.

3rd game in a row it really isn't a coincidence imo.

Not because they are bad players but the system just seems to work better without trying to tailor it for individuals. 

This.

Diaz on the bench til Easter, before the big push....

• Like 2

Apologies if already posted, but, Leicester fan match report:

https://fosseposse.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2023/2/28/23618976/fa-cup-match-report-leicester-city-1-2-blackburn-rovers?fbclid=IwAR0Uf1aJxq8nv05VT8WYwCLY0_OMv_ZBWS13-I5UkIcwuzOssAn9FTwXrqA

Always nice when the opposition know they're well beaten. Really proud of the lads tonight! Shame we shrank back a bit once they got their goal, but I don't know how much of that was tactical. And we still battled through it just fine. Very very little to criticise in that performance, and loads to be made up about! Bring that to Ewood against Sheffield United and the impossible may start to look possible!

• Like 1

This was just what we needed to get a thousand or so at least considering getting down to Ewood early doors on Saturday. 

Much needed as it's stupidly a Cat A game, should've been downgraded as soon as it was moved to 12.30.

Tonight's performance has saved Waggot from an embarrassingly small home attendance. Should be 15000+ now....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

All you returning heroes from Filbert St., we salute you. You were a deafening force of nature throughout ❤🥳

Filbert St? We were lighting up the Kingpower!

Tonight was a reminder of why you love football and keep on going match after match, year after  year, even when it's rainy and cold and the team's rubbish and you hate the manager and the owners - it's all worth it when you get nights like tonight

Tonight was a throwback to the mid-1960s, the 1970s under Kendall, the glory days of the1990s, the Cardiff league cup win in 2002, the Cup semi-final against Chelsea at Old Trafford in 2007 - the atmosphere the fervour and noise of the fans driven by the excellent performance of the team was from another era

A brilliant night for the club and the fans and I won't let Jack Vale spoil it except to (if I could) ask him if he really wants to be a professional footballer

Rovers have set the standard now. Same again against Sheffield United please. 

• Like 9