BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Three Trivia teasers ...

Of the 92 current Clubs in the top 4 tiers of English Football, only 6 have yet to play at the " new " Wembley, can you name them ?

Albert Allen ( Aston Villa ), Jack Yates ( Burnley ), John Veitch & Walter Gilliat ( Corinthians ) and Frank Bradshaw ( Sheffield Wednesday ) were all England Internationals, but all have one thing in common, what is it ?

Which League ground is closest to the River Mersey ?

The first one's easy as I actually read it this morning in a link someone posted to a JDT interview:

Us, Accy Stanley, Ipswich, Crawley, Hartlepool, & Colchester.

No idea on the 2nd

Last one is Stockport County but will obviously be Everton once they move into their new ground.

10 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Of the 92 current Clubs in the top 4 tiers of English Football, only 6 have yet to play at the " new " Wembley, can you name them ?

Not wishing to derail this thread; but, as I haven't been to Wembley since it stopped being "the old Wembley", please can someone tell me how, if at all, it now differs from the ground where we won the Full Members' Cup and our play-off game v. Leicester City?

Is it like Ewood before the before the four stands were modernised? Is it still where the 1923 Stadium was located? Are the Wembley goals still more or less where they were before any work was begun? And so is it just then a case that the stands have been modernised: fewer, comfier, seats than there used to be? Better snack bars; disabled loos, etc? But the location is still where

I'll be there if the team is; but it doesn't feel like I could ever claim to have seen Rovers on a new ground if I saw us there. So I've always wondered in what sense - if any? - is it a new ground?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, R0verb0y said:

Not wishing to derail this thread; but, as I haven't been to Wembley since it stopped being "the old Wembley", please can someone tell me how, if at all, it now differs from the ground where we won the Full Members' Cup and our play-off game v. Leicester City?

Is it like Ewood before the before the four stands were modernised? Is it still where the 1923 Stadium was located? Are the Wembley goals still more or less where they were before any work was begun? And so is it just then a case that the stands have been modernised: fewer, comfier, seats than there used to be? Better snack bars; disabled loos, etc? But the location is still where

I'll be there if the team is; but it doesn't feel like I could ever claim to have seen Rovers on a new ground if I saw us there. So I've always wondered in what sense - if any? - is it a new ground?

The "new" Wembley is a fabulous stadium with great views wherever you are sitting. Its easier to get around, plenty of space but as always London prices around he ground for food/beer and drinks. There is a good wifi in place around the stadium as well. The trains that run to/from are plentiful and well organised.

• Like 3

I've been in every area of both old and new Ewood, JWU for views now, BBE for atmosphere, then.

Been in both recently, still same but BBE atmosphere is about 50% at least less than it was but that's probably my age, been going over 60 years and I'm not pension age yet.

• Like 1

My last seat was in the BBE but historically my grandad, my dad and my three uncles always stood in the BBE roughly by the corner flag with Nuttall street. They always knew where to find each other. So I started in 1958 over the wall at that corner before upgrading to the terraces.

Very happy days and now of course I’m the only one left.