BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (a) - 1/4/23

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

What meaningless and provocative nonsense, especially amidst a cost of living crisis.

yet walk on's attendance at Rovers are up this season. Look at how many England fans make the trip to Italy and from what I read on here about other team attendances are on the up. 

If people want to attend games they will find a way. 

I would like to attend more away games but sadly circumstances doesn't allow this. Nothing to do cost of living crisis. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

yet walk on's attendance at Rovers are up this season. Look at how many England fans make the trip to Italy and from what I read on here about other team attendances are on the up. 

I would like to attend more away games but sadly circumstances doesn't allow this. Nothing to do cost of living crisis. 

• Like 7

21 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would like to attend more away games but sadly circumstances doesn't allow this. Nothing to do cost of living crisis. 

Your last two lines are hilariously contradictory, even for you.

The post I quoted implied that we don't deserve a side fighting for the play offs if we don't fill the away end at Birmingham. That is really ignorant and provocative bollocks. There are so many factors to consider, a big one of which is the cost in the current climate including travel etc, especially with issues surrounding train strikes and costs. To suggest that people will just "find a way" if they want to go is equally as ignorant. For example, ideally I would go but I won't be doing mainly due to cost.

53 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I find it interesting that Edun, Brittain, Garrett, Scott Wharton and Dolan have all started this afternoon for the under 21s but not a.wharton

A Wharton is with the England youth setup.

• Like 2

We know Rovers fans are bonkers when it comes to away followings but as stated before money only goes so far.

1600+ at Stoke for a Friday night live tv game, 6k at Sheffield for a Sunday 12 o'clock kick off live on terrestrial tv.

So no surprise to experienced followers there'd be a drop off somewhere soon and don't forget both those games were defeats.  There'll be 1500 or so there which is this seasons average following. 

I won't make it i'll be on the way back from a do in the Lakes but credit to every last one who goes you do the club proud.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Your last two lines are hilariously contradictory, even for you.

The post I quoted implied that we don't deserve a side fighting for the play offs if we don't fill the away end at Birmingham. That is really ignorant and provocative bollocks. There are so many factors to consider, a big one of which is the cost in the current climate including travel etc, especially with issues surrounding train strikes and costs. To suggest that people will just "find a way" if they want to go is equally as ignorant. For example, ideally I would go but I won't be doing mainly due to cost.

No its not contradictory at all if you knew the personal situation going on at the minute which hasn't allow me to go a number of away games I would have gone to normal. 

A few people on here knew about the situation and are very understanding of the situation

I would have like to have gone to this stadium for the reasons above but none are down to Travel cost or train strikes. I would drive would cost me around £25/30 pounds to get there and back. I wouldn't travel on trains for several reasons including unreliable, train strikes and train ticket cost 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No its not contradictory at all if you knew the personal situation going on at the minute which hasn't allow me to go a number of away games I would have gone to normal. 

A few people on here knew about the situation and are very understanding of the situation

I would have like to have gone to this stadium for the reasons above but none are down to Travel cost or train strikes. I would drive would cost me around £25/30 pounds to get there and back. I wouldn't travel on trains for several reasons including unreliable, train strikes and train ticket cost 

I hope your situation improves really soon.

Other peoples situations are a lack of money to afford tickets/travel or the inability to attend matches on certain days/at certain times.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I hope your situation improves really soon.

Thankyou very much

13 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Other peoples situations are a lack of money to afford tickets/travel or the inability to attend matches on certain days/at certain times.

Very understand is this. 

Train tickets prices are roughly £45 alone. It would cost me the same to travel there by car, have some dinner and tea as it would for train ticket

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thankyou very much

Very understand is this. 

Train tickets prices are roughly £45 alone. It would cost me the same to travel there by car, have some dinner and tea as it would for train ticket

I’d not fancy driving to Birmingham myself - I hate the M6😱

Mind you, I’d not pay those train fares!

If I was to go it would have to be by coach - but having read some of the stories about the ones to Sheffield, that doesn’t sound appealing either.

1 minute ago, wilsdenrover said:

If I was to go it would have to be by coach - but having read some of the stories about the ones to Sheffield, that doesn’t sound appealing either.

If we had proper fans befitting a team in the play off places, we'd hitch hike. Or something.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Travelling by Train or coach isn't an option for me for the reasons you posted. 

55 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Don't let that put you off it isn't the 80's any official coach going or well organised one will have all you need. If not they'll do pit stops on the services.

Like the Burnley bubble games the QF was a one off where loads of non regular travellers turn up and the club does things as cheap as possible.

• Like 2