BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (a) - 1/4/23

1 minute ago, only2garners said:

Chatty - you, as many people do, are greatly underestimating the cost of driving. £25-30 is presumably just the fuel cost, what about the other costs, mainly depreciation?

Yes the £25-30 is the fuel cost. Plus around £15-20 on food and drink, but it is alot cheaper then paying rail fares and plus the unpredictable of whether they are running, train strikes and delays. 

I would rather drive to most away games than travel by coach or train. 

You mentioned depreciation, I guess you mean wear and tear on the car but I do keep look after my car and it passes it Mot and service every year with flying colours

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I can defo see the Chadster checking his dipstick every Sunday morning…

Your post would be better with an extra e and a :

I can defo see the Chadster checking he is a dipstick every Sunday morning...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GHR said:

If we had proper fans befitting a team in the play off places, we'd hitch hike. Or something.

I did it to Carlisle once with a mate, got a lift from a guy driving barefoot, weird, jumped the train at Oxenhope(?) Got there at half time, we won 2-1 iirc and got a ride back on a coach. Late 70s?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I did it to Carlisle once with a mate, got a lift from a guy driving barefoot, weird, jumped the train at Oxenhope(?) Got there at half time, we won 2-1 iirc and got a ride back on a coach. Late 70s?

I remember going to a Bolton v Rovers Lancashire derby in the seventies, we were to busy watching building bricks and darts coming over the wall in the open end to be bothered about the football, the good old days.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Oxenholme? (Near Kendal)

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes the £25-30 is the fuel cost. Plus around £15-20 on food and drink, but it is alot cheaper then paying rail fares and plus the unpredictable of whether they are running, train strikes and delays. 

I would rather drive to most away games than travel by coach or train. 

You mentioned depreciation, I guess you mean wear and tear on the car but I do keep look after my car and it passes it Mot and service every year with flying colours

Driving to Birmingham and back, 225 miles, is going to cost at least £50 when you add in all the other costs. If it's a new car quite a bit more, maybe a bit less if it's an old car with great fuel economy. No matter how well you look after a car mileage adds a lot more costs than just the fuel.

Anyway, this is spectacularly off topic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

Driving to Birmingham and back, 225 miles, is going to cost at least £50 when you add in all the other costs. If it's a new car quite a bit more, maybe a bit less if it's an old car with great fuel economy. No matter how well you look after a car mileage adds a lot more costs than just the fuel.

Anyway, this is spectacularly off topic.

Yes it would cost me around £50 to 60 for the day if me and my best friend went. split the fuel cost and get some dinner and tea in the travel. Car isn't new but 9 years old but great with fuel economy 

58 minutes ago, speedies gonna get ya. said:

Comments that we've seen on last few pages questioning fan loyalty about attendances are ridiculous and devicive. 

Myself, my daughter, Dad and brother are all going on Saturday. It isn't a cheap day. We go to most home games but due to shift work I don't have a season ticket as there will be a number of games I can't make.

We travel away when we can. I am a father of 2 on an average salary. Times are hard and as much as I love the Rovers I prioritise putting food on the table and paying the bills first. I have certainly felt the pinch over the last few months and would never question any fan for missing a games. 

Anyway, back on topic. Not a must win but it would be great if we can amass as a healthy haul of points over next 4 or 5 matches. The final 3 look really hard on paper and I love a decent buffer by then.

Hope you have great time there and Rovers get the win and 3 points

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

I remember going to a Bolton v Rovers Lancashire derby in the seventies, we were to busy watching building bricks and darts coming over the wall in the open end to be bothered about the football, the good old days.

burnden park was the worst ground by far concerning away fans,especially if it was a derby,exiting the ground at full time was interesting to say the least.if a glass bottle did`nt get you then snooker ball might😁

37 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

burnden park was the worst ground by far concerning away fans,especially if it was a derby,exiting the ground at full time was interesting to say the least.if a glass bottle did`nt get you then snooker ball might😁

The walk down Manchester road to/from the station was an eye-opener/ character-builder. 

Edited by rigger

2 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

God I hate international breaks. I'm so bored of waiting for the real football to come back again. 

Agreed.  2 weeks of watching Harry Kane run round like a pensioner with arthritis, when you could be watching Sam 'the beast' Gallagher sprint round like a thoroughbred, has put me off England Internationals for life. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes it would cost me around £50 to 60 for the day if me and my best friend went. split the fuel cost and get some dinner and tea in the travel. Car isn't new but 9 years old but great with fuel economy 

I give up, life’s too short.

• Like 3